- Taking time to have a personal life: Selena Gomez6 American Tv shows Indians love to watchGionee A1 smartphone: Delight for selfie-loversFeeling beautiful begins with feeling confident, says DeepikaWomen cancer survivors more likely to have pre-term delivery'Golmaal Again' best set I've been on: Parineeti ChopraPhoto : Get hands on skin, hair care tips to combat changing seasonsAnil Kapoor is a delight to work with: Neha SharmaWe're a great team: Twinkle on marriage with AkshayMovie review 'Phillauri': An astutely woven saga
Spain and Italy eased past their opponents to stay unbeaten in Group G of the 2018 footba
On day One, Yogi tells bureaucrats to perform IANS Last Updated : 20 Mar 2017 07:43:02 PM IST
Presiding over a meeting of the officials, Yogi handed them the Bharatiya Janata Party's vision document -- Sankalp Patra -- for the 2017 state assembly elections, and asked the bureaucrats to study the document and ensure its "speedy and complete implementation".
Officials present at the meeting told media that the "maiden meeting with the new CM was good" though it had its "share of anxious moments". They pointed out that they knew very little about the new Chief Minister, who is known for his firebrand Hindutva-oriented politics.
Yogi also asked policemen to ensure that law and order situation in the state improved within a week.
He referred to the late-night killing of a BSP leader in Allahabad and directed the Director General of Police (DGP) to bring the guilty to book. The Chief Minister was slated to attend a high tea hosted by Governor Ram Naik at Raj Bavan for the new ministers.
Earlier in the day, Yogi moved into the official Chief Minister's residence at 5, Kalidas Marg. But before he moved in, seven priests from the Gorakhnath temple in Gorakhpur, of which Yogi is the presiding priest, propitiated the gods -- performing a "Shuddhi Hawan" and "Vastu Puja" -- before a "Kalash" was placed as a sign of house warming.
A priest also made the auspicious 'Swastik' symbols on both sides of the tall gate of the heavily guarded CM's residence, which was occupied by former Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav for well over five years.
The sprawling bungalow will now be home to the 44-year-old Chief Minister, who is a bachelor, and some of his companions of many years, who, an insider said, would take care of the "routine puja-paath".
Before moving into the 5, Kalidas Marg, the Chief Minister spent the night at a luxury suite in the state's VVIP Guest House, where many senior officials visited him and sought directions.
Prominent among those who visited him included Chief Secretary Rahul Bhatnagar, Director General of Police Javeed Ahmad, senior Indian Police Service officer Sultan Singh and Surya Kumar Shukla.loading...
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Singer Selena Gomez, who is currently rumoured to be in a relationship with singer The Wee
- 6 American Tv shows Indians love to watch
- Feeling beautiful begins with feeling confident, says Deepika
- 'Golmaal Again' best set I've been on: Parineeti Chopra
- Anil Kapoor is a delight to work with: Neha Sharma
- We're a great team: Twinkle on marriage with Akshay
- Yogi Adityanath should do 'gas-releasing' asana: Twinkle Khanna
- Anupam Kher to be honoured with Kala Ratan Award
- 'Peter Gunn' Star Lola Albright dies at 92
A group of birdwatchers spotted an Australian night parrot, once thought to be extinct, fo
At a time when margins are razor-thin in the fast-growing domestic smartphone market, any