- Taking time to have a personal life: Selena Gomez6 American Tv shows Indians love to watchGionee A1 smartphone: Delight for selfie-loversFeeling beautiful begins with feeling confident, says DeepikaWomen cancer survivors more likely to have pre-term delivery'Golmaal Again' best set I've been on: Parineeti ChopraPhoto : Get hands on skin, hair care tips to combat changing seasonsAnil Kapoor is a delight to work with: Neha SharmaWe're a great team: Twinkle on marriage with AkshayMovie review 'Phillauri': An astutely woven saga
Spain and Italy eased past their opponents to stay unbeaten in Group G of the 2018 footba
Where is loan waiver for UP farmers, Congress asks BJP IANS Last Updated : 20 Mar 2017 07:33:25 PM IST (File photo)
The Congress on Monday questioned the BJP for not fulfilling its poll promise in which Prime Minister Narendra Modi had assured the farmers of Uttar Pradesh that it would waive off their loans during the first cabinet meeting after coming to power in the state.
"Prime Minister had said that once they form the government in Uttar Pradesh they would waive off loans of farmers of the state in the very first cabinet meeting of the new state government," senior Congress leader P. L. Punia said during a press conference at Parliament House here.
"The first meeting of the cabinet has been conducted but where is the loan waiver?" Punia asked.
Expressing concern over the farmers' plight, he said they were committing suicide all across the country and that the government must take note of their condition and provide them necessary relief immediately.
Punia said the farm sector was not growing the way it was being presented by the government and the farmers were passing through difficult times.
"Farmers are committing suicide across the country. Even north-eastern areas are not unaffected," he said.
"Why would anybody take such an extreme step," he said, adding that the Congress had been urging the government to do something about it.
He said the Minimum Support Price (MSP) of their produce should also be enhanced.
"It's an important issue. The loans should be waived off," Punia added.loading...
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Singer Selena Gomez, who is currently rumoured to be in a relationship with singer The Wee
- 6 American Tv shows Indians love to watch
- Feeling beautiful begins with feeling confident, says Deepika
- 'Golmaal Again' best set I've been on: Parineeti Chopra
- Anil Kapoor is a delight to work with: Neha Sharma
- We're a great team: Twinkle on marriage with Akshay
- Yogi Adityanath should do 'gas-releasing' asana: Twinkle Khanna
- Anupam Kher to be honoured with Kala Ratan Award
- 'Peter Gunn' Star Lola Albright dies at 92
A group of birdwatchers spotted an Australian night parrot, once thought to be extinct, fo
At a time when margins are razor-thin in the fast-growing domestic smartphone market, any