- Rishi slams stars for missing Vinod Khanna's funeralSharing screen with Salman will be surreal: Angad BediDiamond shapes define your personality tooEating 'diet' foods can make you fat: StudyImtiaz to finalize title of upcoming filmHow to make your bedroom summer-friendlyShraddha ages in 'Haseena...'How to dress right for office in summerVIP voting in MCD polls amid EVM glitches'Half Girlfriend' to release across 1600 Indian screens
As many as 600 participants from every nook and corner of the country will flex their mus
Where is loan waiver for UP farmers, Congress asks BJP IANS Last Updated : 20 Mar 2017 07:33:25 PM IST (File photo)
The Congress on Monday questioned the BJP for not fulfilling its poll promise in which Prime Minister Narendra Modi had assured the farmers of Uttar Pradesh that it would waive off their loans during the first cabinet meeting after coming to power in the state.
"Prime Minister had said that once they form the government in Uttar Pradesh they would waive off loans of farmers of the state in the very first cabinet meeting of the new state government," senior Congress leader P. L. Punia said during a press conference at Parliament House here.
"The first meeting of the cabinet has been conducted but where is the loan waiver?" Punia asked.
Expressing concern over the farmers' plight, he said they were committing suicide all across the country and that the government must take note of their condition and provide them necessary relief immediately.
Punia said the farm sector was not growing the way it was being presented by the government and the farmers were passing through difficult times.
"Farmers are committing suicide across the country. Even north-eastern areas are not unaffected," he said.
"Why would anybody take such an extreme step," he said, adding that the Congress had been urging the government to do something about it.
He said the Minimum Support Price (MSP) of their produce should also be enhanced.
"It's an important issue. The loans should be waived off," Punia added.loading...
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Where at one side it was late actor Vinod Khanna's funeral on the other side actress Priya
- Indian short film to be screened by Unesco in Indonesia
- Deepika shot title track of 'Raabta' in one night
- 'Baahubali 2': Hype by makers, expectations by fans touch new highs
- Samuel L. Jackson, Bruce Willis to again work with Shyamalan
- Sharing screen with Salman will be surreal: Angad Bedi
- Parineeti doesn't need auto tune for singing
- Shraddha Kapoor 'honoured' to play Saina Nehwal in biopic
- 'Jolly LLB 2': HC exempts Akshay Kumar from personal appearance in court
More than 20 funeral artefacts were unearthed during the excavation of two 2,000-year-old
Chinese smartphone-maker Huawei, under its Honor brand, is rumoured to launch "Honor 8 Lit