- Rishi slams stars for missing Vinod Khanna's funeralSharing screen with Salman will be surreal: Angad BediDiamond shapes define your personality tooEating 'diet' foods can make you fat: StudyImtiaz to finalize title of upcoming filmHow to make your bedroom summer-friendlyShraddha ages in 'Haseena...'How to dress right for office in summerVIP voting in MCD polls amid EVM glitches'Half Girlfriend' to release across 1600 Indian screens
As many as 600 participants from every nook and corner of the country will flex their mus
47 killed in fighting near Damascus IANS Last Updated : 20 Mar 2017 03:11:24 PM IST File Photo
At least 47 people were killed in fierce clashes between Syrian security forces and militants in capital Damascus, a war monitor reported on Monday.
The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights (SOHR) said the victims comprised 26 security personnel and 21 militants, including two who blew themselves up in suicide car bombings, Efe news reported.
Several factions took part in the clashes, including Tahrir al-Sham (the armed alliance that includes the former Syrian branch of Al Qaeda), Ahrar al-Sham and al-Rahman Legion.
Tahrir al-Sham announced on Sunday the beginning of an offensive in the Damascene neighbourhood of Jobar, in the northeast and near the old part of the city.
Warplanes carried out 10 strikes on Monday in Jobar, which is also the target of artillery shots.
On March 15, at least 31 people were killed in a suicide bomb attack at the main court complex in the centre of Damascus, the BBC reported.
Later that day, another suicide bomber attacked a restaurant in the district of Rabweh, injuring more than 20 people.
March 15 marked the sixth anniversary of the beginning of the uprising against President Bashar al-Assad, which has caused more than 321,000 deaths.loading...
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Where at one side it was late actor Vinod Khanna's funeral on the other side actress Priya
- Indian short film to be screened by Unesco in Indonesia
- Deepika shot title track of 'Raabta' in one night
- 'Baahubali 2': Hype by makers, expectations by fans touch new highs
- Samuel L. Jackson, Bruce Willis to again work with Shyamalan
- Sharing screen with Salman will be surreal: Angad Bedi
- Parineeti doesn't need auto tune for singing
- Shraddha Kapoor 'honoured' to play Saina Nehwal in biopic
- 'Jolly LLB 2': HC exempts Akshay Kumar from personal appearance in court
More than 20 funeral artefacts were unearthed during the excavation of two 2,000-year-old
Chinese smartphone-maker Huawei, under its Honor brand, is rumoured to launch "Honor 8 Lit