- Rishi slams stars for missing Vinod Khanna's funeralSharing screen with Salman will be surreal: Angad BediDiamond shapes define your personality tooEating 'diet' foods can make you fat: StudyImtiaz to finalize title of upcoming filmHow to make your bedroom summer-friendlyShraddha ages in 'Haseena...'How to dress right for office in summerVIP voting in MCD polls amid EVM glitches'Half Girlfriend' to release across 1600 Indian screens
As many as 600 participants from every nook and corner of the country will flex their mus
'Missing' Indian clerics return from Pakistan IANS Last Updated : 20 Mar 2017 12:10:52 PM IST 'Missing' Indian clerics return from Pakistan
Two Indian clerics, who had gone missing in Pakistan, returned to Delhi on Monday, family members said.
Syed Asif Ali Nizami, 80, and his nephew Nazim Ali Nizami, both clerics of Delhi's Hazrat Nizamuddin Dargah, landed at the Delhi airport on Monday morning and later went to their home.
"Both have reached home and are safe and sound. We had a talk and they were quite excited after coming back. We thank the Ministry of External Affairs and the central government for ensuring their safe return," said Syed Sajid Ali, son of the 80-year-old cleric.
The duo on their arrival visited the Hazrat Nizamuddin Dargah and were warmly welcomed by the people.
External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj on Sunday had announced that she had spoken to the duo, they were safe and would be arriving on Monday.
She had also raised the matter with Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif's Adviser on foreign affairs Sartaj Aziz Pakistan.
On a visit to Data Darbar in Lahore, the two clerics went missing on March 15.
Subsequently they were reported to have been found in a remote village of Sindh province with no cell phone connectivity.
Local media reports, citing unnamed sources, said both clerics were traced to Karachi's Nazimabad neighbourhood in rural Sindh where they had apparently gone to "meet their followers, where there was no communication network", which is why they could not inform their relatives about their whereabouts.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Where at one side it was late actor Vinod Khanna's funeral on the other side actress Priya
- Indian short film to be screened by Unesco in Indonesia
- Deepika shot title track of 'Raabta' in one night
- 'Baahubali 2': Hype by makers, expectations by fans touch new highs
- Samuel L. Jackson, Bruce Willis to again work with Shyamalan
- Sharing screen with Salman will be surreal: Angad Bedi
- Parineeti doesn't need auto tune for singing
- Shraddha Kapoor 'honoured' to play Saina Nehwal in biopic
- 'Jolly LLB 2': HC exempts Akshay Kumar from personal appearance in court
More than 20 funeral artefacts were unearthed during the excavation of two 2,000-year-old
Chinese smartphone-maker Huawei, under its Honor brand, is rumoured to launch "Honor 8 Lit