- Know who's who in the new US First Family5 reasons to watch Hrithik Roshan's KaabilMika Singh attends Trump's pre-inaugural dinnerTemperatures remain below freezing point in J&KCoffee With D is fun in a ditzy wayBollywood celebrities who are accused of rapeWas Shahrukh Khan insulting Kajol, Madhuri and Juhi?Pics: Best shots of Yuvraj and DhoniBollywood to rock at Trumph's swearing-in ceremonyBountiful and 'snowful', winter reclaims its glory in Kashmir
India's Sania Mirza and Rohan Bopanna won their mixed doubles first round matches at the A
Australia plans to tax all digital transactions IANS Last Updated : 11 Jan 2017 09:56:18 AM IST (file photo)
The Australian government plans to tax all online transactions, Treasurer Scott Morrison said on Wednesday, as part of a so-called 'tax strike' on the rapidly-growing digital economy.
Currently, the government is unable to tax all of Australia's approximately $7.37 billion annual online transactions, Xinhua news agency reported.
However, Morrison said on Wednesday that as Australia moves towards a modern, cashless economy, the government must keep up to ensure the tax system remains "modern".
He said after imposing the "Google" and "Netflix" taxes, which ensure multinational corporations and online services were properly taxed for all sales in Australia, the government was aiming at the wider online and digital marketplace to ensure everybody was paying their fair share of tax.
"You've got to make sure your tax base is just not comprehensive but make sure it is modern," the Treasurer said.
"That's not a criticism of anything previously, but you've got to make sure it is keeping pace with the digital economy."
"The tax system will have to change to embrace the new world order when it comes to technology and how people are consuming services," Morrison added.
"The thing about the digital economy is that it is all automatic," Morrison said, adding he expects to introduce changes to the tax system in the May budget.loading...
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment ( posted):
Bollywood superstar Aamir Khans sports drama "Dangal" -- which has already garnered the "h
- Commando 2 teaser released, Vidyut on cloud nine
- Priyanka Jagga bags her first Bollywood film
- Ten unknown facts about Sushant
- Kareena to be Anita Dongre's showstopper at LFW finale
- Can't work with people who don't love me: SRK
- Sara Ali and Harshvardhan a new couple in town?
- Kaabil: Watch Hrithik in the latest dialogue promo
- Tamil stars gather for fast in support of Jallikattu
Researchers at IISER-Kolkata's Ant Lab here are exploring why ants take the risk and bear
Marking its 20th anniversary in the country, Digital imaging company Canon India on Friday