- 10 B-Town kids with unique namesKerala celebrates EasterSRK teaches Lungi dance to Brett RatnerYRF to distribute Salman's 'Tubelight' overseas'Begum Jaan': It's no 'Mandi', but an experienceVolvo launches its fastest car, PolestarBangladesh celebrates Pohela BoishakhPICS: Modi prays at Deekshabhoomi'Raabta' first look: Sushant, Kirti look adorableAssam celebrates Rongali Bihu
Rio Olympic silver medallist P.V. Sindhu defeated Dinar Dyah Ayustine of Indonesia to adva
This Indian is the oldest enrolled for an MA programme Last Updated : 18 Mar 2017 01:50:03 PM IST Raj Kumar Vaishya appearing in the M A exam
A 97-year-old, who enrolled for a masters in economics here in 2015, has been recognised by the Limca Book of Records as the oldest man to do so.
Vaishya said he enrolled nearly one and half years ago for M.A. Economics for two reasons: "To fulfil my long nurtured desire to get a Masters degree and to study economics to be able to understand why India has failed to solve problems like poverty."
Vaishya, who graduated in 1938 and retired in 1980 as a general manager in a private firm in Koderma (now in Jharkhand), lives with the family of his second son Santosh Kumar in the posh Rajendra Nagar colony for last 10 years.
"I did my graduation from Agra University in 1938 and got a degree in law in 1940, but failed to get a Masters degree due to increasing family responsibilities. Now, I am closer to fulfill my dream," he said.
Vaishya was born on April 1, 1920 in Uttar Pradesh's Bareilly town.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment ( posted):
Rahul V. Chittella's short film "Azaad", starring Atul Kulkarni and Sakshi Tanwar, will be
- Deepika shot title track of 'Raabta' in one night
- 'Baahubali 2': Hype by makers, expectations by fans touch new highs
- Samuel L. Jackson, Bruce Willis to again work with Shyamalan
- Sharing screen with Salman will be surreal: Angad Bedi
- Parineeti doesn't need auto tune for singing
- Shraddha Kapoor 'honoured' to play Saina Nehwal in biopic
- 'Jolly LLB 2': HC exempts Akshay Kumar from personal appearance in court
- Watch 'Hind mere jind' first song of the Film 'Sachin-A Billion Dreams'
Indian Man Kaur, 101, won the 100 metres sprint at the World Masters Games here on Monday.
Chinese smartphone-maker Huawei, under its Honor brand, is rumoured to launch "Honor 8 Lit