- Sharing screen with Salman will be surreal: Angad BediDiamond shapes define your personality tooEating 'diet' foods can make you fat: StudyImtiaz to finalize title of upcoming filmHow to make your bedroom summer-friendlyShraddha ages in 'Haseena...'How to dress right for office in summerVIP voting in MCD polls amid EVM glitches'Half Girlfriend' to release across 1600 Indian screensPick banana, melon, cold milk to fight acidity
Rio Olympic silver medallist P.V. Sindhu defeated Dinar Dyah Ayustine of Indonesia to adva
Watching birds can improve your mental health Last Updated : 26 Feb 2017 06:25:11 PM IST (file photo)
If you are living in a neighbourhood surrounded by trees and shrubs, with birds chirping all the time, there are less chances for you to suffer from anxiety or stress, a new study has revealed.
According to researchers at the University of Exeter, the British Trust for Ornithology and the University of Queensland, lower levels of depression, anxiety and stress were associated with the number of birds people could see in the afternoon.
The study published in the journal BioScience found benefits for mental health of being able to see birds, shrubs and trees around the home, whether people lived in urban or more leafy suburban neighbourhoods.
"This study starts to unpick the role that some key components of nature play for our mental well-being. Birds around the home, and nature in general, show great promise in preventative health care, making cities healthier, happier places to live," said Daniel Cox from University of Exeter.
A recent research by Cox also found that watching birds makes people feel relaxed and connected to nature.loading...
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Rahul V. Chittella's short film "Azaad", starring Atul Kulkarni and Sakshi Tanwar, will be
- Deepika shot title track of 'Raabta' in one night
- 'Baahubali 2': Hype by makers, expectations by fans touch new highs
- Samuel L. Jackson, Bruce Willis to again work with Shyamalan
- Sharing screen with Salman will be surreal: Angad Bedi
- Parineeti doesn't need auto tune for singing
- Shraddha Kapoor 'honoured' to play Saina Nehwal in biopic
- 'Jolly LLB 2': HC exempts Akshay Kumar from personal appearance in court
- Watch 'Hind mere jind' first song of the Film 'Sachin-A Billion Dreams'
Indian Man Kaur, 101, won the 100 metres sprint at the World Masters Games here on Monday.
Chinese smartphone-maker Huawei, under its Honor brand, is rumoured to launch "Honor 8 Lit