- 10 B-Town kids with unique namesKerala celebrates EasterSRK teaches Lungi dance to Brett RatnerYRF to distribute Salman's 'Tubelight' overseas'Begum Jaan': It's no 'Mandi', but an experienceVolvo launches its fastest car, PolestarBangladesh celebrates Pohela BoishakhPICS: Modi prays at Deekshabhoomi'Raabta' first look: Sushant, Kirti look adorableAssam celebrates Rongali Bihu
Rio Olympic silver medallist P.V. Sindhu defeated Dinar Dyah Ayustine of Indonesia to adva
China to build museum, park on ancient capital ruins Last Updated : 16 Feb 2017 07:44:15 PM IST (file photo)
Chinese authorities on Thursday announced that a museum and park will be built on the ruins of an ancient capital city.
" Construction of the project will start in the first half of this year near the city of Luoyang, where over 40, 000 sq metres of ruins belonging to the Xia Dynasty (2100-1600 BC) have been excavated since 1959," said Yu Jie, head of the city's cultural heritage bureau.
Yu said the museum, with a planned building area of 30,000 sq metres, will showcase around 40,000 items, such as excavated antiques, text and graphic documents .
The most famous piece unearthed is a 70cm-long turquoise dragon, formed from more than 2,000 pieces of turquoise.
Chinese archaeologists dubbed the artefact the "Dragon of China", saying it was the earliest evidence of the country's infatuation with dragons.
A cultural ruins park will also be built. It will protect and display the sites of the ancient city walls, palace, roads, as well as handcraft workshops of bronze casting and turquoise, and the sacrifice venue of the ruins.
"The park will also simulate scenes from over 3,000 years ago by landscaping and building workshops based on the discoveries," Yu said.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment ( posted):
Where at one side it was late actor Vinod Khanna's funeral on the other side actress Priya
- Indian short film to be screened by Unesco in Indonesia
- Deepika shot title track of 'Raabta' in one night
- 'Baahubali 2': Hype by makers, expectations by fans touch new highs
- Samuel L. Jackson, Bruce Willis to again work with Shyamalan
- Sharing screen with Salman will be surreal: Angad Bedi
- Parineeti doesn't need auto tune for singing
- Shraddha Kapoor 'honoured' to play Saina Nehwal in biopic
- 'Jolly LLB 2': HC exempts Akshay Kumar from personal appearance in court
Indian Man Kaur, 101, won the 100 metres sprint at the World Masters Games here on Monday.
Chinese smartphone-maker Huawei, under its Honor brand, is rumoured to launch "Honor 8 Lit