- It's January wedding for Kapil SharmaOutdoor games can make kids love natureNever put on so much weight before: Ranbir KapoorKnow more about Rani MukerjiI love, respect Sunil Grover: Kapil SharmaKareena's pic with Taimur will make your daySunny Leone excited to attend Justin Bieber's Mumbai concertCelebs attend Aishwarya's father funeralAmitabh mourns death of Aishwarya's fatherSunny Leone to endorse Dubai-based mobile brand
Spain and Italy eased past their opponents to stay unbeaten in Group G of the 2018 footba
China to build museum, park on ancient capital ruins Last Updated : 16 Feb 2017 07:44:15 PM IST (file photo)
Chinese authorities on Thursday announced that a museum and park will be built on the ruins of an ancient capital city.
" Construction of the project will start in the first half of this year near the city of Luoyang, where over 40, 000 sq metres of ruins belonging to the Xia Dynasty (2100-1600 BC) have been excavated since 1959," said Yu Jie, head of the city's cultural heritage bureau.
Yu said the museum, with a planned building area of 30,000 sq metres, will showcase around 40,000 items, such as excavated antiques, text and graphic documents .
The most famous piece unearthed is a 70cm-long turquoise dragon, formed from more than 2,000 pieces of turquoise.
Chinese archaeologists dubbed the artefact the "Dragon of China", saying it was the earliest evidence of the country's infatuation with dragons.
A cultural ruins park will also be built. It will protect and display the sites of the ancient city walls, palace, roads, as well as handcraft workshops of bronze casting and turquoise, and the sacrifice venue of the ruins.
"The park will also simulate scenes from over 3,000 years ago by landscaping and building workshops based on the discoveries," Yu said.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment ( posted):
After giving a striking performance in critically acclaimed 'Pink', Kirti Kulhari is set t
- VIDEO: Huma Qureshi on 28-day detox
- NTR's leaked look from his next film goes viral
- Taking time to have a personal life: Selena Gomez
- 6 American Tv shows Indians love to watch
- Feeling beautiful begins with feeling confident, says Deepika
- 'Golmaal Again' best set I've been on: Parineeti Chopra
- Anil Kapoor is a delight to work with: Neha Sharma
- We're a great team: Twinkle on marriage with Akshay
A group of birdwatchers spotted an Australian night parrot, once thought to be extinct, fo
At a time when margins are razor-thin in the fast-growing domestic smartphone market, any