- Sharing screen with Salman will be surreal: Angad BediDiamond shapes define your personality tooEating 'diet' foods can make you fat: StudyImtiaz to finalize title of upcoming filmHow to make your bedroom summer-friendlyShraddha ages in 'Haseena...'How to dress right for office in summerVIP voting in MCD polls amid EVM glitches'Half Girlfriend' to release across 1600 Indian screensPick banana, melon, cold milk to fight acidity
Rio Olympic silver medallist P.V. Sindhu defeated Dinar Dyah Ayustine of Indonesia to adva
Facebook will soon let you type with your brain IANS Last Updated : 20 Apr 2017 12:12:58 PM IST File photo
Giving a glimpse of what is going on at its secret "Building 8" research group, Facebook has said it is working on a way to let people type with their brains -- at speeds faster than physical typing -- via a brain-computer interface.
"We are working on a system that will let people type with their brains. Specifically, we have a goal of creating a silent speech system capable of typing 100 words per minute straight from your brain -- that's five times faster than you can type on a smartphone today," Regina Dugan, Vice President of Engineering and "Building 8," told the audience at the annual F8 developers conference in San Jose on Wednesday.
Facebook announced two projects from "Building 8" that are focused on silent speech communications.
"Building 8" is the product development and research team at Facebook focused on creating and shipping new, category-defining consumer products that are social first.
Products from "Building 8" will be powered by a breakthrough innovation engine modeled after US Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) and shipped at scale, the company said.
Just like people take many photos and choose to share only some of them, Facebook's new project will decode words that people have already decided to share by sending them to the speech centre of the brain.
"It's a way to communicate with the speed and flexibility of your voice and the privacy of text. We want to do this with non-invasive, wearable sensors that can be manufactured at scale," Facebook added.
The company also unveiled a project directed at allowing people to hear with their skin and it is building the hardware and software necessary to deliver language through the skin.loading...
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Rahul V. Chittella's short film "Azaad", starring Atul Kulkarni and Sakshi Tanwar, will be
- Deepika shot title track of 'Raabta' in one night
- 'Baahubali 2': Hype by makers, expectations by fans touch new highs
- Samuel L. Jackson, Bruce Willis to again work with Shyamalan
- Sharing screen with Salman will be surreal: Angad Bedi
- Parineeti doesn't need auto tune for singing
- Shraddha Kapoor 'honoured' to play Saina Nehwal in biopic
- 'Jolly LLB 2': HC exempts Akshay Kumar from personal appearance in court
- Watch 'Hind mere jind' first song of the Film 'Sachin-A Billion Dreams'
Indian Man Kaur, 101, won the 100 metres sprint at the World Masters Games here on Monday.
Chinese smartphone-maker Huawei, under its Honor brand, is rumoured to launch "Honor 8 Lit