- 10 B-Town kids with unique namesKerala celebrates EasterSRK teaches Lungi dance to Brett RatnerYRF to distribute Salman's 'Tubelight' overseas'Begum Jaan': It's no 'Mandi', but an experienceVolvo launches its fastest car, PolestarBangladesh celebrates Pohela BoishakhPICS: Modi prays at Deekshabhoomi'Raabta' first look: Sushant, Kirti look adorableAssam celebrates Rongali Bihu
As many as 600 participants from every nook and corner of the country will flex their mus
Japan launches satellite to monitor N. Korea IANS Last Updated : 17 Mar 2017 11:28:04 AM IST File Photo
Japan successfully launched a satellite on Friday, to track land and maritime movements in North Korea and conduct surveys on the weapons program of the rogue state,media report said.
The H-2A rocket was launched at 10.20 a.m. local time from the Tanegashima base in the southeast of Japan, media reported.
The mission is a cooperation between the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA) and aerospace manufacturer Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, which has been involved in the field since it was privatised in 2007.
The launch, initially scheduled for March 15, was delayed due to poor weather conditions at the base.
These types of satellites are designed to capture images from several hundred kilometres above the earth and are used to monitor the areas where North Korea conducts its ballistic missile tests.
The North Korean regime led by Kim Jong-un carried out a series of missile tests and two nuclear explosions in 2016.
The hermit-state leader also tested four more ballistic missiles, one of which fell only 200 km off the Japanese coast, earlier in March.
Japan currently has six satellites in orbit which take pictures during the day, while its radars are responsible for surveillance at night or for observing in bad weather conditions.
The US intelligence and the Defence Department anticipates that North Korea may soon undertake a new round of testing of its missile and nuclear program, media reported.loading...
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment ( posted):
Where at one side it was late actor Vinod Khanna's funeral on the other side actress Priya
- Indian short film to be screened by Unesco in Indonesia
- Deepika shot title track of 'Raabta' in one night
- 'Baahubali 2': Hype by makers, expectations by fans touch new highs
- Samuel L. Jackson, Bruce Willis to again work with Shyamalan
- Sharing screen with Salman will be surreal: Angad Bedi
- Parineeti doesn't need auto tune for singing
- Shraddha Kapoor 'honoured' to play Saina Nehwal in biopic
- 'Jolly LLB 2': HC exempts Akshay Kumar from personal appearance in court
More than 20 funeral artefacts were unearthed during the excavation of two 2,000-year-old
Chinese smartphone-maker Huawei, under its Honor brand, is rumoured to launch "Honor 8 Lit