- It's January wedding for Kapil SharmaOutdoor games can make kids love natureNever put on so much weight before: Ranbir KapoorKnow more about Rani MukerjiI love, respect Sunil Grover: Kapil SharmaKareena's pic with Taimur will make your daySunny Leone excited to attend Justin Bieber's Mumbai concertCelebs attend Aishwarya's father funeralAmitabh mourns death of Aishwarya's fatherSunny Leone to endorse Dubai-based mobile brand
Spain and Italy eased past their opponents to stay unbeaten in Group G of the 2018 footba
Japan launches satellite to monitor N. Korea IANS Last Updated : 17 Mar 2017 11:28:04 AM IST File Photo
Japan successfully launched a satellite on Friday, to track land and maritime movements in North Korea and conduct surveys on the weapons program of the rogue state,media report said.
The H-2A rocket was launched at 10.20 a.m. local time from the Tanegashima base in the southeast of Japan, media reported.
The mission is a cooperation between the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA) and aerospace manufacturer Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, which has been involved in the field since it was privatised in 2007.
The launch, initially scheduled for March 15, was delayed due to poor weather conditions at the base.
These types of satellites are designed to capture images from several hundred kilometres above the earth and are used to monitor the areas where North Korea conducts its ballistic missile tests.
The North Korean regime led by Kim Jong-un carried out a series of missile tests and two nuclear explosions in 2016.
The hermit-state leader also tested four more ballistic missiles, one of which fell only 200 km off the Japanese coast, earlier in March.
Japan currently has six satellites in orbit which take pictures during the day, while its radars are responsible for surveillance at night or for observing in bad weather conditions.
The US intelligence and the Defence Department anticipates that North Korea may soon undertake a new round of testing of its missile and nuclear program, media reported.loading...
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment ( posted):
Singer Selena Gomez, who is currently rumoured to be in a relationship with singer The Wee
- 6 American Tv shows Indians love to watch
- Feeling beautiful begins with feeling confident, says Deepika
- 'Golmaal Again' best set I've been on: Parineeti Chopra
- Anil Kapoor is a delight to work with: Neha Sharma
- We're a great team: Twinkle on marriage with Akshay
- Yogi Adityanath should do 'gas-releasing' asana: Twinkle Khanna
- Anupam Kher to be honoured with Kala Ratan Award
- 'Peter Gunn' Star Lola Albright dies at 92
A group of birdwatchers spotted an Australian night parrot, once thought to be extinct, fo
At a time when margins are razor-thin in the fast-growing domestic smartphone market, any