- Dangal mints over Rs 375 crore in IndiaPriyanka Jagga bags her first Bollywood filmTen unknown facts about SushantCold wave continues in J&KDonald Trump, Melania perform first danceKareena to be Anita Dongre's showstopper at LFW finaleCan't work with people who don't love me: SRKMaruti Suzuki Ignis Surpasses 10,000 Bookings Within 20 DaysSara Ali and Harshvardhan a new couple in town?Know who's who in the new US First Family
India's Sania Mirza and Rohan Bopanna won their mixed doubles first round matches at the A
Indian inventors help IBM top 2016 US patent list Last Updated : 10 Jan 2017 04:57:38 PM IST file photo
Inventors from India contributed a record 658 patents to IBM last year to help the software giant top the list for US patent recipients in 2016.
With 8,088 US patents, IBM's 2016 list covers a diverse range of inventions in artificial intelligence and cognitive computing, cognitive health, Cloud, cybersecurity and other strategic growth areas for the company.
"Leading the world in innovation for 24 years in a row is a result of IBM's unmatched commitment to innovation and R&D," said Ginni Rometty, IBM's Chairman, President and CEO, in a statement.
While Samsung Electronics with 5,518 US patents stood second, Canon with 3,665 patents was at the third position.
In the area of cognitive computing and artificial intelligence, IBM inventors patented more than 1,100 inventions that help machines learn, reason and efficiently process diverse data types while interacting with people in natural and familiar ways.
"IBM inventors were granted more than 22 patents per day in 2016, enabling the company to become the first to surpass 8,000 patents in a single year," the statement said.
While Google with 2,835 patents came fifth, Microsoft with 2, 398 patents was at eighth spot.loading...
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood superstar Aamir Khans sports drama "Dangal" -- which has already garnered the "h
- Commando 2 teaser released, Vidyut on cloud nine
- Priyanka Jagga bags her first Bollywood film
- Ten unknown facts about Sushant
- Kareena to be Anita Dongre's showstopper at LFW finale
- Can't work with people who don't love me: SRK
- Sara Ali and Harshvardhan a new couple in town?
- Kaabil: Watch Hrithik in the latest dialogue promo
- Tamil stars gather for fast in support of Jallikattu
Researchers at IISER-Kolkata's Ant Lab here are exploring why ants take the risk and bear
Marking its 20th anniversary in the country, Digital imaging company Canon India on Friday