- It's January wedding for Kapil SharmaOutdoor games can make kids love natureNever put on so much weight before: Ranbir KapoorKnow more about Rani MukerjiI love, respect Sunil Grover: Kapil SharmaKareena's pic with Taimur will make your daySunny Leone excited to attend Justin Bieber's Mumbai concertCelebs attend Aishwarya's father funeralAmitabh mourns death of Aishwarya's fatherSunny Leone to endorse Dubai-based mobile brand
Spain and Italy eased past their opponents to stay unbeaten in Group G of the 2018 footba
Indian inventors help IBM top 2016 US patent list Last Updated : 10 Jan 2017 04:57:38 PM IST file photo
Inventors from India contributed a record 658 patents to IBM last year to help the software giant top the list for US patent recipients in 2016.
With 8,088 US patents, IBM's 2016 list covers a diverse range of inventions in artificial intelligence and cognitive computing, cognitive health, Cloud, cybersecurity and other strategic growth areas for the company.
"Leading the world in innovation for 24 years in a row is a result of IBM's unmatched commitment to innovation and R&D," said Ginni Rometty, IBM's Chairman, President and CEO, in a statement.
While Samsung Electronics with 5,518 US patents stood second, Canon with 3,665 patents was at the third position.
In the area of cognitive computing and artificial intelligence, IBM inventors patented more than 1,100 inventions that help machines learn, reason and efficiently process diverse data types while interacting with people in natural and familiar ways.
"IBM inventors were granted more than 22 patents per day in 2016, enabling the company to become the first to surpass 8,000 patents in a single year," the statement said.
While Google with 2,835 patents came fifth, Microsoft with 2, 398 patents was at eighth spot.loading...
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment ( posted):
After giving a striking performance in critically acclaimed 'Pink', Kirti Kulhari is set t
- VIDEO: Huma Qureshi on 28-day detox
- NTR's leaked look from his next film goes viral
- Taking time to have a personal life: Selena Gomez
- 6 American Tv shows Indians love to watch
- Feeling beautiful begins with feeling confident, says Deepika
- 'Golmaal Again' best set I've been on: Parineeti Chopra
- Anil Kapoor is a delight to work with: Neha Sharma
- We're a great team: Twinkle on marriage with Akshay
A group of birdwatchers spotted an Australian night parrot, once thought to be extinct, fo
At a time when margins are razor-thin in the fast-growing domestic smartphone market, any