- When Salman, Iulia, Katrina were caught under one roofJ&K awaits another spell of rain, snowfallWhen Kangana felt like slapping Sugandha MishraWhat are attractive lips?'The Ghazi Attack': Submerged in mediocrityNeil-Rukmini wedding reception was a starry affairKangana wants to get married!'Rangoon' has my most heroic character: Shahid Kapoor'Running Shaadi': A frothy entertainer'Irada': Good intention poorly executed
Elite Kenyan runners competing at the Tokyo marathon on Sunday will be targeting two bir
Bus to run on biogas in Kolkata from March-end Last Updated : 05 Jan 2017 04:20:15 PM IST File photo
A 75-seat bus powered by biogas will soon ferry passengers in this metropolis from March 30. The operators claim it will be India's first such bus service.
A nominal fare of Re 1 will be charged from each passenger.
The bus -- to run on the 17.5-km Ultadanga-Garia stretch -- will be one of the fleet of 12 buses to be deployed along 12 routes across Kolkata. Each bus will cost Rs 18 lakh.
The renewable fuel is generated from waste.
"The bus gives a mileage of 20 km for one kg biogas that costs Rs 30," Jyoti Prakash Das, Chairman and Managing Director of Phoenix India Research and Development Group, an alternative energy company, told .
The initiative has been undertaken under a central subsidies plan of the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy.loading...
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment ( posted):
The makers of the "Jolly LLB" franchise on Wednesday confirmed that there will be a third
- 'Lion' to be specially screened for underprivileged kids
- Sushant begins preparation for 'Chanda Mama Door Ke'
- Pics:Deepika's Hollywood debut mints over $300 mn worldwide
- We hardly celebrate good cinema in India: Tannishtha Chatterjee
- Madhavan releases 'Vikram Vedha' first poster
- Dhanush to reunite with 'Kodi' director
- 'Rangoon' role not based on anybody living or dead: Kangana
- 'Ghulaam' actor to be part of 'Nach Baliye 8'
It is not the brain that determines whether a person is a lefty or a righty, but the spina
Emphasising on building a gaming ecosystem in India, printing and personal computer major