- Sharing screen with Salman will be surreal: Angad BediDiamond shapes define your personality tooEating 'diet' foods can make you fat: StudyImtiaz to finalize title of upcoming filmHow to make your bedroom summer-friendlyShraddha ages in 'Haseena...'How to dress right for office in summerVIP voting in MCD polls amid EVM glitches'Half Girlfriend' to release across 1600 Indian screensPick banana, melon, cold milk to fight acidity
Rio Olympic silver medallist P.V. Sindhu defeated Dinar Dyah Ayustine of Indonesia to adva
Bus to run on biogas in Kolkata from March-end Last Updated : 05 Jan 2017 04:20:15 PM IST File photo
A 75-seat bus powered by biogas will soon ferry passengers in this metropolis from March 30. The operators claim it will be India's first such bus service.
A nominal fare of Re 1 will be charged from each passenger.
The bus -- to run on the 17.5-km Ultadanga-Garia stretch -- will be one of the fleet of 12 buses to be deployed along 12 routes across Kolkata. Each bus will cost Rs 18 lakh.
The renewable fuel is generated from waste.
"The bus gives a mileage of 20 km for one kg biogas that costs Rs 30," Jyoti Prakash Das, Chairman and Managing Director of Phoenix India Research and Development Group, an alternative energy company, told .
The initiative has been undertaken under a central subsidies plan of the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy.loading...
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Rahul V. Chittella's short film "Azaad", starring Atul Kulkarni and Sakshi Tanwar, will be
- Deepika shot title track of 'Raabta' in one night
- 'Baahubali 2': Hype by makers, expectations by fans touch new highs
- Samuel L. Jackson, Bruce Willis to again work with Shyamalan
- Sharing screen with Salman will be surreal: Angad Bedi
- Parineeti doesn't need auto tune for singing
- Shraddha Kapoor 'honoured' to play Saina Nehwal in biopic
- 'Jolly LLB 2': HC exempts Akshay Kumar from personal appearance in court
- Watch 'Hind mere jind' first song of the Film 'Sachin-A Billion Dreams'
Indian Man Kaur, 101, won the 100 metres sprint at the World Masters Games here on Monday.
Chinese smartphone-maker Huawei, under its Honor brand, is rumoured to launch "Honor 8 Lit