- Know who's who in the new US First Family5 reasons to watch Hrithik Roshan's KaabilMika Singh attends Trump's pre-inaugural dinnerTemperatures remain below freezing point in J&KCoffee With D is fun in a ditzy wayBollywood celebrities who are accused of rapeWas Shahrukh Khan insulting Kajol, Madhuri and Juhi?Pics: Best shots of Yuvraj and DhoniBollywood to rock at Trumph's swearing-in ceremonyBountiful and 'snowful', winter reclaims its glory in Kashmir
India's Sania Mirza and Rohan Bopanna won their mixed doubles first round matches at the A
Global software giants from India in 5-10 years: Pichai Last Updated : 05 Jan 2017 03:09:03 PM IST Google CEO Sundar Pichai
"In five- to 10-year time frame, we will see big global software companies coming out of India and we will be used to it," Pichai said interacting with students at his alma mater IIT-Kharagpur.
Pichai earned his degree in Metallurgical Engineering from IIT-Kharagpur.
Asked on India catching up with China on the digital front, Pichai stressed the goal should be a little different.
"India will be a global player in digital economy and it will be competitive with any country in the world. There is a timing issue. We are doing well as a country. We need to stay at it. We need a few more years and we will get to it. I am absolutely confident," he said.
Talking about Google's support to Digital India, Pichai hoped for cheaper smartphones.
"We are focused on getting Google in as many languages as possible to ensure access to people. I would love to see cheaper smartphones, entry-level smartphones. We need to further bring prices down. Connectivity is extremely important," he said.
Referring to the start-up scenario, the Google CEO said Indian companies should aim higher and compete with MNCs, as the Indian market is not large enough to invest in technology.
"Part of the problem is that in India, the potential is there and market is developing. It will take a few more years for it to realise it's potential. Digital market is still developing. It's a problem we run into. It's just a moment in time," he said.
"Hopefully, Indian companies are also more thoughtful so that when they produce something, they ensure that their target is areas such as Vietnam, Indonesia and Thailand. Those markets are developed. They need to set their sights a bit bigger. The trend lines are strongly in favour," he added.
On the next big thing at Google, Pichai said his organisation is "betting big" on advances in artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning in the coming years.
"I can't quite tell exactly what, but we are betting big on advances in AI and machine learning. Advances in machine learning will bring a difference in many fields."loading...
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment ( posted):
Bollywood superstar Aamir Khans sports drama "Dangal" -- which has already garnered the "h
- Commando 2 teaser released, Vidyut on cloud nine
- Priyanka Jagga bags her first Bollywood film
- Ten unknown facts about Sushant
- Kareena to be Anita Dongre's showstopper at LFW finale
- Can't work with people who don't love me: SRK
- Sara Ali and Harshvardhan a new couple in town?
- Kaabil: Watch Hrithik in the latest dialogue promo
- Tamil stars gather for fast in support of Jallikattu
Researchers at IISER-Kolkata's Ant Lab here are exploring why ants take the risk and bear
Marking its 20th anniversary in the country, Digital imaging company Canon India on Friday