- Video games may help combat depressionFIRST LOOK: Kirti Kulhari in 'Indu Sarkar'Taking time to have a personal life: Selena Gomez6 American Tv shows Indians love to watchGionee A1 smartphone: Delight for selfie-loversFeeling beautiful begins with feeling confident, says DeepikaWomen cancer survivors more likely to have pre-term delivery'Golmaal Again' best set I've been on: Parineeti ChopraPhoto : Get hands on skin, hair care tips to combat changing seasonsAnil Kapoor is a delight to work with: Neha Sharma
Spain and Italy eased past their opponents to stay unbeaten in Group G of the 2018 footba
Gavaskar backs Ganguly for interim BCCI President Last Updated : 03 Jan 2017 07:26:26 PM IST File photo
The BCCI is currently undergoing an administrative crisis following the sacking of President Anurag Thakur and Secretary Ajay Shirke by the Supreme Court.
Both Thakur and Shirke were on Monday removed from their posts for their failure to implement the Justice R.M. Lodha committee's recommendations in running the board.
Following the duo's ouster, various names have cropped up to take over the reigns of the national cricket board.
Since the sacking of the duo, many names including that of Ganguly -- the current Cricket Association of Bengal (CAB) President -- have been doing the rounds to succeed Thakur on an interim basis.
Ganguly also fits the bill as the Lodha Committee, in its initial recommendations, had stressed that former players should administer the BCCI.
"BCCI has got very good bench strength to take up the bigger roles and one name that comes to my mind is Sourav Ganguly," Gavaskar was quoted as saying by NDTV news channel.
"Remember, in 1999-2000 when Indian cricket was gripped by the match-fixing saga, Ganguly was given the Indian team captaincy and he turned it around," the diminutive former opener added.
A bench of Chief Justice T.S. Thakur, Justice A.M. Khanwilkar and Justice D.Y. Chandrachud in their order said that as an interim arrangement, the senior most Vice President of the BCCI would act as the President and the Joint Secretary would be the Secretary.
Ganguly, however is not a vice-president and would even complete a three-year tenure in office in CAB and hence could be ineligible for the post.loading...
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
After giving a striking performance in critically acclaimed 'Pink', Kirti Kulhari is set t
- VIDEO: Huma Qureshi on 28-day detox
- NTR's leaked look from his next film goes viral
- Taking time to have a personal life: Selena Gomez
- 6 American Tv shows Indians love to watch
- Feeling beautiful begins with feeling confident, says Deepika
- 'Golmaal Again' best set I've been on: Parineeti Chopra
- Anil Kapoor is a delight to work with: Neha Sharma
- We're a great team: Twinkle on marriage with Akshay
A group of birdwatchers spotted an Australian night parrot, once thought to be extinct, fo
At a time when margins are razor-thin in the fast-growing domestic smartphone market, any