- 10 B-Town kids with unique namesKerala celebrates EasterSRK teaches Lungi dance to Brett RatnerYRF to distribute Salman's 'Tubelight' overseas'Begum Jaan': It's no 'Mandi', but an experienceVolvo launches its fastest car, PolestarBangladesh celebrates Pohela BoishakhPICS: Modi prays at Deekshabhoomi'Raabta' first look: Sushant, Kirti look adorableAssam celebrates Rongali Bihu
Internationally acclaimed sand artist Sudarsan Pattnaik from Odisha won the gold medal at
Gavaskar backs Ganguly for interim BCCI President Last Updated : 03 Jan 2017 07:26:26 PM IST File photo
The BCCI is currently undergoing an administrative crisis following the sacking of President Anurag Thakur and Secretary Ajay Shirke by the Supreme Court.
Both Thakur and Shirke were on Monday removed from their posts for their failure to implement the Justice R.M. Lodha committee's recommendations in running the board.
Following the duo's ouster, various names have cropped up to take over the reigns of the national cricket board.
Since the sacking of the duo, many names including that of Ganguly -- the current Cricket Association of Bengal (CAB) President -- have been doing the rounds to succeed Thakur on an interim basis.
Ganguly also fits the bill as the Lodha Committee, in its initial recommendations, had stressed that former players should administer the BCCI.
"BCCI has got very good bench strength to take up the bigger roles and one name that comes to my mind is Sourav Ganguly," Gavaskar was quoted as saying by NDTV news channel.
"Remember, in 1999-2000 when Indian cricket was gripped by the match-fixing saga, Ganguly was given the Indian team captaincy and he turned it around," the diminutive former opener added.
A bench of Chief Justice T.S. Thakur, Justice A.M. Khanwilkar and Justice D.Y. Chandrachud in their order said that as an interim arrangement, the senior most Vice President of the BCCI would act as the President and the Joint Secretary would be the Secretary.
Ganguly, however is not a vice-president and would even complete a three-year tenure in office in CAB and hence could be ineligible for the post.loading...
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment ( posted):
Filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt says S.S. Rajamoulis magnum opus "Baahubali 2: The Conclusion" will
- Rishi slams stars for missing Vinod Khanna's funeral
- Indian short film to be screened by Unesco in Indonesia
- Deepika shot title track of 'Raabta' in one night
- 'Baahubali 2': Hype by makers, expectations by fans touch new highs
- Samuel L. Jackson, Bruce Willis to again work with Shyamalan
- Sharing screen with Salman will be surreal: Angad Bedi
- Parineeti doesn't need auto tune for singing
- Shraddha Kapoor 'honoured' to play Saina Nehwal in biopic
More than 20 funeral artefacts were unearthed during the excavation of two 2,000-year-old
Chinese smartphone-maker Huawei, under its Honor brand, is rumoured to launch "Honor 8 Lit