- Alia Bhatt watches 'Phillauri' with beau SidharthAnushka, Diljit keep believing in the impossible: SRKIndia ashamed of sexuality, physicality: Actress Radhika ApteUnknown facts about Kangana RanautAkshay Kumar has many similarities with my father: Bhushan KumarKanika adds personal touch to 'Diya Aur...' sequelThe incredible journey from Dalip Rana to The Great KhaliNeed a block button for haters: Actor Sunny LeonePHOTOS: Salman, Katrina back togetherB-Town attends Aishwarya Rai's father's chautha
Former Davis cup captain Naresh Kumar on Thursday hoped Indian tennis superstars Leander
National Observers appointed for 12 Olympic disciplines Last Updated : 20 Mar 2017 07:47:16 PM IST (file photo)
The sports ministry on Monday appointed National Observers for 2 Olympic disciplines ' title='1 2 Olympic disciplines '>12 Olympic disciplines for preparation and implementation of the long-term development plan. Among the key appointments were double Olympic medallist Sushil Kumar for wrestling, Anju Bobby George and P.T. Usha for athletics, Jagbir Singh for hockey and Somdev Devvarman for tennis.
The National Observers would be playing a key role in implementation of action plans for Mission Olympics 2020, 2024 and 2028, according to a release.
Olympic 2012 bronze medallist M.C. Mary Kom and 2008 Olympic quarter-finalist Akhil Kumar have been asked to look into the affairs of boxing.
Olympic 2000 bronze medallist Karnam Malleshwari has been roped in for weightlifting, while former captain I.M. Vijayan will be in charge of football, a discipline in which India has been completely out of the world standard.
Sanjeev Kumar Singh has been appointed for archery, while Kamlesh Mehta has been asked to report on table tennis. Khajan Singh will be in charge of swimming.
"The National Observers will assist the Government, Sports Authority of India, and National Sports Federations (NSFs) concerned including Indian Olympic Association in the preparation and implementation of the long term development plan with respect to high priority and priority sports covering all aspects including selection policy, quality specifications for National Camps, long term athlete development plan, coaching development, development of technical officials and monitoring & evaluation of athlete performance," a statement from the ministry read.
"Apart from providing inputs for their respective disciplines, the National Observers would also to be consulted as a group on cross-cutting issues impacting sports development in the country."loading...
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
British model David Gandy says social media is a source of depression for people.
- Alia Bhatt watches 'Phillauri' with beau Sidharth
- Michael Shannon in 'Deadpool 2'
- Anushka, Diljit keep believing in the impossible: SRK
- I'm a survivor: Neha Dhupia
- India ashamed of sexuality, physicality: Actress Radhika Apte
- Unknown facts about Kangana Ranaut
- Akshay Kumar has many similarities with my father: Bhushan Kumar
- Kanika adds personal touch to 'Diya Aur...' sequel
A group of birdwatchers spotted an Australian night parrot, once thought to be extinct, fo
Chinese smartphone maker nubia on Monday launched Z11 MINI S smartphone designed for photo