- Sharing screen with Salman will be surreal: Angad BediDiamond shapes define your personality tooEating 'diet' foods can make you fat: StudyImtiaz to finalize title of upcoming filmHow to make your bedroom summer-friendlyShraddha ages in 'Haseena...'How to dress right for office in summerVIP voting in MCD polls amid EVM glitches'Half Girlfriend' to release across 1600 Indian screensPick banana, melon, cold milk to fight acidity
Rio Olympic silver medallist P.V. Sindhu defeated Dinar Dyah Ayustine of Indonesia to adva
National Observers appointed for 12 Olympic disciplines Last Updated : 20 Mar 2017 07:47:16 PM IST (file photo)
The sports ministry on Monday appointed National Observers for 2 Olympic disciplines ' title='1 2 Olympic disciplines '>12 Olympic disciplines for preparation and implementation of the long-term development plan. Among the key appointments were double Olympic medallist Sushil Kumar for wrestling, Anju Bobby George and P.T. Usha for athletics, Jagbir Singh for hockey and Somdev Devvarman for tennis.
The National Observers would be playing a key role in implementation of action plans for Mission Olympics 2020, 2024 and 2028, according to a release.
Olympic 2012 bronze medallist M.C. Mary Kom and 2008 Olympic quarter-finalist Akhil Kumar have been asked to look into the affairs of boxing.
Olympic 2000 bronze medallist Karnam Malleshwari has been roped in for weightlifting, while former captain I.M. Vijayan will be in charge of football, a discipline in which India has been completely out of the world standard.
Sanjeev Kumar Singh has been appointed for archery, while Kamlesh Mehta has been asked to report on table tennis. Khajan Singh will be in charge of swimming.
"The National Observers will assist the Government, Sports Authority of India, and National Sports Federations (NSFs) concerned including Indian Olympic Association in the preparation and implementation of the long term development plan with respect to high priority and priority sports covering all aspects including selection policy, quality specifications for National Camps, long term athlete development plan, coaching development, development of technical officials and monitoring & evaluation of athlete performance," a statement from the ministry read.
"Apart from providing inputs for their respective disciplines, the National Observers would also to be consulted as a group on cross-cutting issues impacting sports development in the country."loading...
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Rahul V. Chittella's short film "Azaad", starring Atul Kulkarni and Sakshi Tanwar, will be
- Deepika shot title track of 'Raabta' in one night
- 'Baahubali 2': Hype by makers, expectations by fans touch new highs
- Samuel L. Jackson, Bruce Willis to again work with Shyamalan
- Sharing screen with Salman will be surreal: Angad Bedi
- Parineeti doesn't need auto tune for singing
- Shraddha Kapoor 'honoured' to play Saina Nehwal in biopic
- 'Jolly LLB 2': HC exempts Akshay Kumar from personal appearance in court
- Watch 'Hind mere jind' first song of the Film 'Sachin-A Billion Dreams'
Indian Man Kaur, 101, won the 100 metres sprint at the World Masters Games here on Monday.
Chinese smartphone-maker Huawei, under its Honor brand, is rumoured to launch "Honor 8 Lit