- Sharing screen with Salman will be surreal: Angad BediDiamond shapes define your personality tooEating 'diet' foods can make you fat: StudyImtiaz to finalize title of upcoming filmHow to make your bedroom summer-friendlyShraddha ages in 'Haseena...'How to dress right for office in summerVIP voting in MCD polls amid EVM glitches'Half Girlfriend' to release across 1600 Indian screensPick banana, melon, cold milk to fight acidity
Rio Olympic silver medallist P.V. Sindhu defeated Dinar Dyah Ayustine of Indonesia to adva
Hockey India ropes in four scientific advisors IANS Last Updated : 14 Mar 2017 05:32:34 PM IST (File Photo)
Hockey India (HI) has appointed Scott Conway, Patrick Lombard, Robin Anthony Webster Arkell, and Daniel Barry as scientific advisors for senior and junior men's and women's teams, it was announced on Tuesday.
Australia's Conway has taken charge for the men's team at the national camp starting in Sports Authority of India (SAI) Centre in Bengaluru from Tuesday. Conway previously worked for the Malaysian hockey federation at the National Sports Complex in Kuala Lumpur.
South African Lombard, who was the head of Athletic Performance at Liaoning province, China Hockey, will join the women's camp in Bhopal.
South African Arkell will take charge as the scientific advisor for the junior men's team. Arkell in his previous role was the lead strength and conditioning coach for the Pumas Rugby, Senior Currie Cup Squad.
Australian Barry comes in as scientific advisor for the junior women's team. Among his many assignments since 2004, Barry has worked as Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach with Western Australian Cricket Association (WACA) at Perth.
"Their names were approved in the Selection Committee meeting for foreign coaches held in January and we thank the Sports Authority of India for completing the formalities at the earliest to ensure the new recruits join the respective camps," HI Secretary General Mushtaque Ahmad.
"With their vast experience and knowledge in their domain," Mushtaque Ahmad added, "I believe they will help us achieve our goals in the lead up to the 2020 Tokyo Olympics and the senior World Cups with a well-rounded approach in terms of development of our players. I wish them all the very best in this pursuit."loading...
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Rahul V. Chittella's short film "Azaad", starring Atul Kulkarni and Sakshi Tanwar, will be
- Deepika shot title track of 'Raabta' in one night
- 'Baahubali 2': Hype by makers, expectations by fans touch new highs
- Samuel L. Jackson, Bruce Willis to again work with Shyamalan
- Sharing screen with Salman will be surreal: Angad Bedi
- Parineeti doesn't need auto tune for singing
- Shraddha Kapoor 'honoured' to play Saina Nehwal in biopic
- 'Jolly LLB 2': HC exempts Akshay Kumar from personal appearance in court
- Watch 'Hind mere jind' first song of the Film 'Sachin-A Billion Dreams'
Indian Man Kaur, 101, won the 100 metres sprint at the World Masters Games here on Monday.
Chinese smartphone-maker Huawei, under its Honor brand, is rumoured to launch "Honor 8 Lit