- Dev Patel earns Oscar nomination for LionJumbo jackets for elephantsDeven Bhojani explores action streak in Commando 2Subhash Ghai turns 72, B-Town hopes he keeps entertainingKaabil Vs RaeesMeet Matin Rey TanguReview: Kaabil is a winnerSRK saddened by death of fan in VadodaraIs Deepika with Ishaan Khattar in her next international film?In pics: Might and pride of India
Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik remained unbeaten in the second edition of the Pro W
'Sharapova may play at 2020 Olympics for Russia' Last Updated : 05 Jan 2017 02:47:05 PM IST File photo
The Russian player is now eligible to officially return to tennis courts starting April 26, reports Tass.
"Sharapova may play for the Russian team and is able to win gold at the 2020 Olympics. The sole question here is her wish," Tarpishchev said on Wednesday.
"In late April, Sharapova is returning to participation in tournaments. We'll see how quickly she will be able to return to the high level. The world of sports is not standing idle and is moving quickly but we all know that Sharapova is a professional and everything depends on her herself," he added.
In early March, Sharapova was the first to announce that her doping tests revealed the presence of the performance enhancing drug meldonium in the body system.
Following the announcement the former World No. 1 was provisionally suspended from all tennis-related activities.
Sharapova filed an appeal on June 9 with the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) against her two-year suspension, which was officially announced on June 8 by the International Tennis Federation (ITF) Tribunal over anti-doping violations.
In October, the CAS cut the term of Sharapova's suspension, allowing the tennis star to perform at official sport events from April 26, 2017.
Due to the imposed ban, Sharapova, the silver Olympic medalist of the 2012 Games in London, had to miss the 2016 Summer Olympic Games, held in August in Brazil's Rio de Janeiro.loading...
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Indian-origin British actor Dev Patel has received an Oscar nomination for his acting in "
- Pics: Deven Bhojani explores action streak in Commando 2
- Pics:Subhash Ghai turns 72, B-Town hopes he keeps entertaining
- Kaabil Vs Raees
- Meet Matin Rey Tangu
- Review: Kaabil is a winner
- Jackie Chan meets Salman Khan
- Is Deepika with Ishaan Khattar in her next international film?
- Pics: Deewar had best screenplay ever: Amitabh Bachchan
Green vehicles -- hybrid, electric and fuel cell -- are gaining popularity in China owin
Thanks to its components (mainly chips) and semiconductors business, Samsung Electronics h