- Dev Patel earns Oscar nomination for LionJumbo jackets for elephantsDeven Bhojani explores action streak in Commando 2Subhash Ghai turns 72, B-Town hopes he keeps entertainingKaabil Vs RaeesMeet Matin Rey TanguReview: Kaabil is a winnerSRK saddened by death of fan in VadodaraIs Deepika with Ishaan Khattar in her next international film?In pics: Might and pride of India
Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik remained unbeaten in the second edition of the Pro W
Delhi government opposes five-fold driving licence fee hike IANS Last Updated : 11 Jan 2017 07:18:54 PM IST (File Photo)
"The driving licence fee has been increased by the central government. The Delhi government has nothing to do with it. We don't want it to be increased to such levels," Jain told reporters here.
According to a notification issued by the Union Transport Ministry in December, the central government amended the Central Motor Vehicles Rules, increasing the fee charged for issuing a new driving licence across different categories of vehicles by up to five times.
Accordingly, the Delhi government on Monday notified the new rates to all the Regional Transport Offices (RTOs).
Jain said the central government should have increased the fee gradually instead of increasing it by up to five times in one go.
"Even if it had to be increased, it should have been done in a gradual fashion. A five-fold hike is not right," he said.loading...
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Indian-origin British actor Dev Patel has received an Oscar nomination for his acting in "
- Pics: Deven Bhojani explores action streak in Commando 2
- Pics:Subhash Ghai turns 72, B-Town hopes he keeps entertaining
- Kaabil Vs Raees
- Meet Matin Rey Tangu
- Review: Kaabil is a winner
- Jackie Chan meets Salman Khan
- Is Deepika with Ishaan Khattar in her next international film?
- Pics: Deewar had best screenplay ever: Amitabh Bachchan
Green vehicles -- hybrid, electric and fuel cell -- are gaining popularity in China owin
Thanks to its components (mainly chips) and semiconductors business, Samsung Electronics h