- When Salman, Iulia, Katrina were caught under one roofJ&K awaits another spell of rain, snowfallWhen Kangana felt like slapping Sugandha MishraWhat are attractive lips?'The Ghazi Attack': Submerged in mediocrityNeil-Rukmini wedding reception was a starry affairKangana wants to get married!'Rangoon' has my most heroic character: Shahid Kapoor'Running Shaadi': A frothy entertainer'Irada': Good intention poorly executed
After signing big names like Beijing Olympians Vijender Singh, Akhil Kumar and Jitender
Delhi government opposes five-fold driving licence fee hike IANS Last Updated : 11 Jan 2017 07:18:54 PM IST (File Photo)
"The driving licence fee has been increased by the central government. The Delhi government has nothing to do with it. We don't want it to be increased to such levels," Jain told reporters here.
According to a notification issued by the Union Transport Ministry in December, the central government amended the Central Motor Vehicles Rules, increasing the fee charged for issuing a new driving licence across different categories of vehicles by up to five times.
Accordingly, the Delhi government on Monday notified the new rates to all the Regional Transport Offices (RTOs).
Jain said the central government should have increased the fee gradually instead of increasing it by up to five times in one go.
"Even if it had to be increased, it should have been done in a gradual fashion. A five-fold hike is not right," he said.loading...
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment ( posted):
The Delhi High Court on Tuesday denied staying summons issued by a trial court in a defama
- Want to see the end of corruption, hence voted: Subhash Ghai
- 'Rangoon' role not based on anybody living or dead: Kangana
- Ranbir's look from Sanjay Dutt's biopic leaked
- Ranveer, Anushka cast vote for civic body polls
- 'Ittefaq' shoot begins with Shah Rukh Khan
- 'Ghazi Attack' mints over Rs 15.75 crore
- Will Sara Ali Khan be as lucky as Alia Bhatt
- B-town couples grace Shahid's pre-birthday bash
It is not the brain that determines whether a person is a lefty or a righty, but the spina
ZTE to launch, Gigabit, phone, at MWC 2017, Beijing, Chinese smartphone, ZTE is set to, la