- Can't tolerate bullying: Kangana RanautAbRam gets magic in SRK's lifeUnknown facts about Shahid KapoorPriyanka Chopra to attend 2017 OscarsSelect right jewellery for wedding functionsPlastic surgery goes wrong for Ayesha TakiaMy scenes in 'Rangoon' were cut: Kangana RanautA fasting diet may help to reverse diabetes'Rangoon': An impressively immersive filmMahashivaratri Wallpapers and Facebook images
Sanjeev Rajput finished fifth in the mens 50m Rifle 3 Positions event on a disappointing d
Metro Blue Line commuters suffer crowded trains due to snag IANS Last Updated : 11 Jan 2017 04:54:18 PM IST (File Photo)
Commuters on Delhi Metro's Blue Line had a harrowing time travelling during the peak hours on Wednesday after a snag compelled DMRC to run trains at less frequency, an official said.
"Train service on Line 3 (Dwarka Sector-21 to Vaishali and Noida City Centre) had minor bunching effect from 9 a.m. to noon today due to signalling issue (Track Circuit dropping intermittently) at locations approaching Dwarka (coming from Noida and Vaishali side)," a statement from Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) said.
"The Track circuit (TC) was made normal at 12:10 p.m.," the statement said adding that the bunching effect was done away with thereafter.
The snag, which occurred at around 9 a.m., coincided with the peak hours when most people use the Delhi Metro to reach their work place. Office-goers faced a tough time commuting when they were met with more massively crowded trains than usual.
The snag occurred on one of the busiest stretches of Delhi Metro, which ferries nine lakh passengers on an average everyday and also is the longest stretch on the entire Metro network in the capital city.
This stretch, which is majorly elevated, is also the most prone to snags and failures, with at least three such incidents happening in the last 15 days leading to severe inconvenience to passengers.
Being exposed to all kinds of vagaries of weather, including heat, cold and rain, owing to its elevated structure, the Blue Line is more vulnerable to technical disruptions.
Although DMRC is coming up with two more Metro lines (Pink and Magenta) which are expected to take some of the load off Blue Line, they are not likely to be commissioned for another 6-8 months.loading...
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Kangana credits her success and failures to her growth in Bollywood. "Every single day has
- Fire at warehouse, film city in Bengal, no injuries
- Pics; AbRam gets magic in SRK's life
- No one should instruct adults what to watch: Motwane
- Very rewarding: Taapsee on watching 'Pink' with President
- Kabir Khan slams CBFC for refusing certificate to 'Lipstick...'
- Unknown facts about Shahid Kapoor
- Priyanka Chopra to attend 2017 Oscars
- Big B, Taapsee to watch 'Pink' with President
If you are living in a neighbourhood surrounded by trees and shrubs, with birds chirping
Number of Facebook users across the globe were locked out of their accounts due to an erro