- Know who's who in the new US First Family5 reasons to watch Hrithik Roshan's KaabilMika Singh attends Trump's pre-inaugural dinnerTemperatures remain below freezing point in J&KCoffee With D is fun in a ditzy wayBollywood celebrities who are accused of rapeWas Shahrukh Khan insulting Kajol, Madhuri and Juhi?Pics: Best shots of Yuvraj and DhoniBollywood to rock at Trumph's swearing-in ceremonyBountiful and 'snowful', winter reclaims its glory in Kashmir
India's Sania Mirza and Rohan Bopanna won their mixed doubles first round matches at the A
Metro Blue Line commuters suffer crowded trains due to snag IANS Last Updated : 11 Jan 2017 04:54:18 PM IST (File Photo)
Commuters on Delhi Metro's Blue Line had a harrowing time travelling during the peak hours on Wednesday after a snag compelled DMRC to run trains at less frequency, an official said.
"Train service on Line 3 (Dwarka Sector-21 to Vaishali and Noida City Centre) had minor bunching effect from 9 a.m. to noon today due to signalling issue (Track Circuit dropping intermittently) at locations approaching Dwarka (coming from Noida and Vaishali side)," a statement from Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) said.
"The Track circuit (TC) was made normal at 12:10 p.m.," the statement said adding that the bunching effect was done away with thereafter.
The snag, which occurred at around 9 a.m., coincided with the peak hours when most people use the Delhi Metro to reach their work place. Office-goers faced a tough time commuting when they were met with more massively crowded trains than usual.
The snag occurred on one of the busiest stretches of Delhi Metro, which ferries nine lakh passengers on an average everyday and also is the longest stretch on the entire Metro network in the capital city.
This stretch, which is majorly elevated, is also the most prone to snags and failures, with at least three such incidents happening in the last 15 days leading to severe inconvenience to passengers.
Being exposed to all kinds of vagaries of weather, including heat, cold and rain, owing to its elevated structure, the Blue Line is more vulnerable to technical disruptions.
Although DMRC is coming up with two more Metro lines (Pink and Magenta) which are expected to take some of the load off Blue Line, they are not likely to be commissioned for another 6-8 months.loading...
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment ( posted):
Bollywood superstar Aamir Khans sports drama "Dangal" -- which has already garnered the "h
- Commando 2 teaser released, Vidyut on cloud nine
- Priyanka Jagga bags her first Bollywood film
- Ten unknown facts about Sushant
- Kareena to be Anita Dongre's showstopper at LFW finale
- Can't work with people who don't love me: SRK
- Sara Ali and Harshvardhan a new couple in town?
- Kaabil: Watch Hrithik in the latest dialogue promo
- Tamil stars gather for fast in support of Jallikattu
Researchers at IISER-Kolkata's Ant Lab here are exploring why ants take the risk and bear
Marking its 20th anniversary in the country, Digital imaging company Canon India on Friday