- Haseena new poster: Shraddha and Siddharth look deadlyGoddess Brahmacharini worshiped on Day 2No baby right now, says Bipasha BasuWhy are Ranveer, Deepika avoiding each otherArjun, Shraddha in 'Half Girlfriend' first posterChaitra Navratri: Goddess Shailputri worshiped on Day 1Video games may help combat depressionFIRST LOOK: Kirti Kulhari in 'Indu Sarkar'Taking time to have a personal life: Selena Gomez6 American Tv shows Indians love to watch
Spain and Italy eased past their opponents to stay unbeaten in Group G of the 2018 footba
DC, SP transferred after shoes hurled at Jharkhand CM IANS Last Updated : 04 Jan 2017 01:13:58 PM IST (shoes hurled at Jharkhand CM)
The Jharkhand government ' title=' Jharkhand government '>Jharkhand government has decide to transfer the Deputy Commissioner and Superintendent of Police of a district where a shoe was hurled at Chief Minister Raghubar Das on January 1, an official said on Wednesday.
A shoe was hurled at Das in Seraikela-Kharsawa on New Year's Day as he faced a protest by tribals in the district.
"Seraikela-Kharsawa DC Srinivasan and SP Sanjiv Kumar has been transferred. Ramesh Ghopal will be the new DC and Rakesh Bansal will be the new SP of the district," the official said.
The state government has sought the permission of the Election Commission to effect the transfer.
"It was the biggest mistake on the part of the DC and SP. Black flags were shown and shoes were hurled when the Chief Minister was leaving the place. Adequate security measures should have been adopted," said the official.
The district administration on January 2 lodged an FIR against nine identified and 150 unnamed persons.
Hundreds of tribals had gathered to pay homage to the people killed in police firing at Sahid park in Kharsawa on January 1 last year.
Das also attended the programme and paid homage to the dead. Considering a pre-planned protest, heavy security arrangements were made by police.
Scores of shoes were hurled as Das tried to leave the venue. Luckily not a single one touched the Chief Minister.
Black flags were shown when he reached the site. People started shouting slogans "Go back! Go back!"
The tribal people were protesting the state government's move to amendment two land acts -- Chotanagpur Tenancy (CNT) and Santhal Pargana (SPT) Act -- in the winter session of the state assembly held in November last year.
After amendment the agricultural land can be used for non-agricultural purpose.loading...
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
The makers of "Haseena: The Queen of Mumbai", starring Shraddha Kapoor and her brother Sid
- Jumanji sequel gets new title
- No baby right now, says Bipasha Basu
- Why are Ranveer, Deepika avoiding each other
- Arjun, Shraddha in 'Half Girlfriend' first poster
- FIRST LOOK: Kirti Kulhari in 'Indu Sarkar'
- VIDEO: Huma Qureshi on 28-day detox
- NTR's leaked look from his next film goes viral
- Taking time to have a personal life: Selena Gomez
A group of birdwatchers spotted an Australian night parrot, once thought to be extinct, fo
At a time when margins are razor-thin in the fast-growing domestic smartphone market, any