- Can't tolerate bullying: Kangana RanautAbRam gets magic in SRK's lifeUnknown facts about Shahid KapoorPriyanka Chopra to attend 2017 OscarsSelect right jewellery for wedding functionsPlastic surgery goes wrong for Ayesha TakiaMy scenes in 'Rangoon' were cut: Kangana RanautA fasting diet may help to reverse diabetes'Rangoon': An impressively immersive filmMahashivaratri Wallpapers and Facebook images
Sanjeev Rajput finished fifth in the mens 50m Rifle 3 Positions event on a disappointing d
DC, SP transferred after shoes hurled at Jharkhand CM IANS Last Updated : 04 Jan 2017 01:13:58 PM IST (shoes hurled at Jharkhand CM)
The Jharkhand government ' title=' Jharkhand government '>Jharkhand government has decide to transfer the Deputy Commissioner and Superintendent of Police of a district where a shoe was hurled at Chief Minister Raghubar Das on January 1, an official said on Wednesday.
A shoe was hurled at Das in Seraikela-Kharsawa on New Year's Day as he faced a protest by tribals in the district.
"Seraikela-Kharsawa DC Srinivasan and SP Sanjiv Kumar has been transferred. Ramesh Ghopal will be the new DC and Rakesh Bansal will be the new SP of the district," the official said.
The state government has sought the permission of the Election Commission to effect the transfer.
"It was the biggest mistake on the part of the DC and SP. Black flags were shown and shoes were hurled when the Chief Minister was leaving the place. Adequate security measures should have been adopted," said the official.
The district administration on January 2 lodged an FIR against nine identified and 150 unnamed persons.
Hundreds of tribals had gathered to pay homage to the people killed in police firing at Sahid park in Kharsawa on January 1 last year.
Das also attended the programme and paid homage to the dead. Considering a pre-planned protest, heavy security arrangements were made by police.
Scores of shoes were hurled as Das tried to leave the venue. Luckily not a single one touched the Chief Minister.
Black flags were shown when he reached the site. People started shouting slogans "Go back! Go back!"
The tribal people were protesting the state government's move to amendment two land acts -- Chotanagpur Tenancy (CNT) and Santhal Pargana (SPT) Act -- in the winter session of the state assembly held in November last year.
After amendment the agricultural land can be used for non-agricultural purpose.loading...
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Kangana credits her success and failures to her growth in Bollywood. "Every single day has
- Fire at warehouse, film city in Bengal, no injuries
- Pics; AbRam gets magic in SRK's life
- No one should instruct adults what to watch: Motwane
- Very rewarding: Taapsee on watching 'Pink' with President
- Kabir Khan slams CBFC for refusing certificate to 'Lipstick...'
- Unknown facts about Shahid Kapoor
- Priyanka Chopra to attend 2017 Oscars
- Big B, Taapsee to watch 'Pink' with President
If you are living in a neighbourhood surrounded by trees and shrubs, with birds chirping
Number of Facebook users across the globe were locked out of their accounts due to an erro