- 10 B-Town kids with unique namesKerala celebrates EasterSRK teaches Lungi dance to Brett RatnerYRF to distribute Salman's 'Tubelight' overseas'Begum Jaan': It's no 'Mandi', but an experienceVolvo launches its fastest car, PolestarBangladesh celebrates Pohela BoishakhPICS: Modi prays at Deekshabhoomi'Raabta' first look: Sushant, Kirti look adorableAssam celebrates Rongali Bihu
As many as 600 participants from every nook and corner of the country will flex their mus
BSF to probe killing of 3 Tripura tribals by its men IANS Last Updated : 20 Mar 2017 06:16:42 PM IST (File photo)
"A court of inquiry has been ordered by the BSF into the incident. Senior BSF officials outside the Udaipur (southern Tripura) sector would conduct the court of inquiry," BSF Deputy Inspector General Hardeep Singh said.
"Appropriate administrative actions have been initiated to prevent recurrence of such incident in future," he said.
Three tribals, including a woman, were killed and two others were injured in BSF firing in southern Tripura's Chittabari village along the India-Bangladesh border on March 17.
The probe order came after Kolkata-based BSF Additional Director General (Eastern Command) R.P. Singh visited the tension-ridden border areas and held a series of meetings with top Tripura government officials on Sunday and Monday.
"The BSF's Additional DG along with other senior officials on Monday held meetings with Tripura Chief Minister Manik Sarkar and discussed the incident. Sarkar asked the BSF officials to take apt steps against the accused BSF personnel," a Tripura Home Department official said.
Tripura Chief Secretary Sanjeev Ranjan and Director General of Tripura Police K. Nagaraj were also present in the meeting.
Earlier, the BSF said in a statement that its troopers were trying to stop smuggling of cattle to Bangladesh on Friday when they were attacked by villagers with sharp weapons and batons. The troopers then opened fire, killing three persons.
However, locals told the police that three BSF men tried to molest a young tribal woman and when the villagers resisted, they opened fire.
Tripura shares a 856-km border with Bangladesh, a portion of which is still unfenced.loading...
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment ( posted):
Where at one side it was late actor Vinod Khanna's funeral on the other side actress Priya
- Indian short film to be screened by Unesco in Indonesia
- Deepika shot title track of 'Raabta' in one night
- 'Baahubali 2': Hype by makers, expectations by fans touch new highs
- Samuel L. Jackson, Bruce Willis to again work with Shyamalan
- Sharing screen with Salman will be surreal: Angad Bedi
- Parineeti doesn't need auto tune for singing
- Shraddha Kapoor 'honoured' to play Saina Nehwal in biopic
- 'Jolly LLB 2': HC exempts Akshay Kumar from personal appearance in court
More than 20 funeral artefacts were unearthed during the excavation of two 2,000-year-old
Chinese smartphone-maker Huawei, under its Honor brand, is rumoured to launch "Honor 8 Lit