- It's January wedding for Kapil SharmaOutdoor games can make kids love natureNever put on so much weight before: Ranbir KapoorKnow more about Rani MukerjiI love, respect Sunil Grover: Kapil SharmaKareena's pic with Taimur will make your daySunny Leone excited to attend Justin Bieber's Mumbai concertCelebs attend Aishwarya's father funeralAmitabh mourns death of Aishwarya's fatherSunny Leone to endorse Dubai-based mobile brand
Spain and Italy eased past their opponents to stay unbeaten in Group G of the 2018 footba
BSF to probe killing of 3 Tripura tribals by its men IANS Last Updated : 20 Mar 2017 06:16:42 PM IST (File photo)
"A court of inquiry has been ordered by the BSF into the incident. Senior BSF officials outside the Udaipur (southern Tripura) sector would conduct the court of inquiry," BSF Deputy Inspector General Hardeep Singh said.
"Appropriate administrative actions have been initiated to prevent recurrence of such incident in future," he said.
Three tribals, including a woman, were killed and two others were injured in BSF firing in southern Tripura's Chittabari village along the India-Bangladesh border on March 17.
The probe order came after Kolkata-based BSF Additional Director General (Eastern Command) R.P. Singh visited the tension-ridden border areas and held a series of meetings with top Tripura government officials on Sunday and Monday.
"The BSF's Additional DG along with other senior officials on Monday held meetings with Tripura Chief Minister Manik Sarkar and discussed the incident. Sarkar asked the BSF officials to take apt steps against the accused BSF personnel," a Tripura Home Department official said.
Tripura Chief Secretary Sanjeev Ranjan and Director General of Tripura Police K. Nagaraj were also present in the meeting.
Earlier, the BSF said in a statement that its troopers were trying to stop smuggling of cattle to Bangladesh on Friday when they were attacked by villagers with sharp weapons and batons. The troopers then opened fire, killing three persons.
However, locals told the police that three BSF men tried to molest a young tribal woman and when the villagers resisted, they opened fire.
Tripura shares a 856-km border with Bangladesh, a portion of which is still unfenced.loading...
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment ( posted):
Singer Selena Gomez, who is currently rumoured to be in a relationship with singer The Wee
- 6 American Tv shows Indians love to watch
- Feeling beautiful begins with feeling confident, says Deepika
- 'Golmaal Again' best set I've been on: Parineeti Chopra
- Anil Kapoor is a delight to work with: Neha Sharma
- We're a great team: Twinkle on marriage with Akshay
- Yogi Adityanath should do 'gas-releasing' asana: Twinkle Khanna
- Anupam Kher to be honoured with Kala Ratan Award
- 'Peter Gunn' Star Lola Albright dies at 92
A group of birdwatchers spotted an Australian night parrot, once thought to be extinct, fo
At a time when margins are razor-thin in the fast-growing domestic smartphone market, any