- It's January wedding for Kapil SharmaOutdoor games can make kids love natureNever put on so much weight before: Ranbir KapoorKnow more about Rani MukerjiI love, respect Sunil Grover: Kapil SharmaKareena's pic with Taimur will make your daySunny Leone excited to attend Justin Bieber's Mumbai concertCelebs attend Aishwarya's father funeralAmitabh mourns death of Aishwarya's fatherSunny Leone to endorse Dubai-based mobile brand
Spain and Italy eased past their opponents to stay unbeaten in Group G of the 2018 footba
NIA issues fresh summons to Zakir Naik IANS Last Updated : 20 Mar 2017 05:37:27 PM IST (File photo)
The National Investigation Agency (NIA) on Monday issued fresh notice to televangelist Zakir Naik to appear before it in a case where he stands accused of promoting enmity between groups on religious and racial grounds.
Through the notice, the agency has asked the 51-year-old Islamic preacher to appear at NIA headquarters in the national capital on March 30.
The agency had earlier this month issued the first notice to Naik, asking him to appear before it on March 14, which the self-exiled preacher avoided.
An NIA official said that the notice was served at Naik's Mumbai-based Jasmine Apartments in Mazgaon area.
Naik first shot into the limelight when his name cropped up during the investigations into the terror strike at an upscale restaurant in Dhaka, Bangladesh, on July 1. One of the terrorists involved in that attack allegedly claimed to have been inspired by Naik's speeches.
The NIA later filed cases against Naik under the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act for allegedly promoting enmity between groups on religious and racial grounds, and raided over a dozen offices, residential premises, his Peace TV offices and other locations, besides freezing a bank account of his NGO.
Naik, who is believed to be staying in Saudi Arabia to evade arrest after his activities came under scanner, is the founding trustee of the Islamic Research Foundation (IRF), IRF Educational Trust and the Islamic Dimensions Trust.
Besides, Naik has close connections with Peace TV channel, Harmony Media Pvt. Ltd., Longlast Constructions Pvt. Ltd., Right Property Solutions Pvt. Ltd., Galaxy Multichannel Network Pvt. Ltd., Majestic Perfumes Pvt. Ltd., and Alpha Lubricants Pvt. Ltd.
The Enforcement Directorate has also lodged a money-laundering case against Naik and his NGO.loading...
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment ( posted):
Singer Selena Gomez, who is currently rumoured to be in a relationship with singer The Wee
- 6 American Tv shows Indians love to watch
- Feeling beautiful begins with feeling confident, says Deepika
- 'Golmaal Again' best set I've been on: Parineeti Chopra
- Anil Kapoor is a delight to work with: Neha Sharma
- We're a great team: Twinkle on marriage with Akshay
- Yogi Adityanath should do 'gas-releasing' asana: Twinkle Khanna
- Anupam Kher to be honoured with Kala Ratan Award
- 'Peter Gunn' Star Lola Albright dies at 92
A group of birdwatchers spotted an Australian night parrot, once thought to be extinct, fo
At a time when margins are razor-thin in the fast-growing domestic smartphone market, any