- It's January wedding for Kapil SharmaOutdoor games can make kids love natureNever put on so much weight before: Ranbir KapoorKnow more about Rani MukerjiI love, respect Sunil Grover: Kapil SharmaKareena's pic with Taimur will make your daySunny Leone excited to attend Justin Bieber's Mumbai concertCelebs attend Aishwarya's father funeralAmitabh mourns death of Aishwarya's fatherSunny Leone to endorse Dubai-based mobile brand
Spain and Italy eased past their opponents to stay unbeaten in Group G of the 2018 footba
Railways pushing renewable energy to attain cost-efficiency :Suresh Prabhu IANS Last Updated : 11 Jan 2017 07:59:33 PM IST (File Photo)
In a bid to adopt green technology, the Indian Railways is giving a big push to renewable energy to attain cost efficiency, Minister Suresh Prabhu said on Wednesday.
"The Railway Ministry is giving a big push to use renewable energy, electrification for ensuring sustainability and cost efficiency," Minister Prabhu said during a roundtable discussion here with the external stakeholders of the railways.
Prabhu observed that managing railways' operations while being environmentally sustainable remained a "challenge".
Prabhu said: "Railways is working on mainstreaming sustainability in our strategy."
"Having set up a separate directorate for environment, it is no more a peripheral activity, and now integrated with and complements the core activity."
Prabhu during the roundtable discussion highlighted the green inititives of the railways.
"Land use optimisation, afforestation, water bodies restoration, cleanliness are just some of the activities that the railways are working on to ensure sustainability," he said.
Meanwhile, Minister of State for Railways Rajen Gohain said that "Railway is the most environment friendly modes of transport".
"We are conscious of green issues and taking measures to go green wherever possible," Gohain said.
Stressing on the imporatnce of discussions with the external stakeholders, Prabhu said, "As a modern responsive organisation we cannot afford to work in isolation and we must tune ourselves to emerging trends in our economy and society."
"Roundtable discussions with external stakeholders will help in gaining perspectives, exchange knowledge and improving our workings," the Railway Minister said.loading...
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment ( posted):
The makers of "Haseena: The Queen of Mumbai", starring Shraddha Kapoor and her brother Sid
- Jumanji sequel gets new title
- No baby right now, says Bipasha Basu
- Why are Ranveer, Deepika avoiding each other
- Arjun, Shraddha in 'Half Girlfriend' first poster
- FIRST LOOK: Kirti Kulhari in 'Indu Sarkar'
- VIDEO: Huma Qureshi on 28-day detox
- NTR's leaked look from his next film goes viral
- Taking time to have a personal life: Selena Gomez
A group of birdwatchers spotted an Australian night parrot, once thought to be extinct, fo
At a time when margins are razor-thin in the fast-growing domestic smartphone market, any