- Dangal mints over Rs 375 crore in IndiaPriyanka Jagga bags her first Bollywood filmTen unknown facts about SushantCold wave continues in J&KDonald Trump, Melania perform first danceKareena to be Anita Dongre's showstopper at LFW finaleCan't work with people who don't love me: SRKMaruti Suzuki Ignis Surpasses 10,000 Bookings Within 20 DaysSara Ali and Harshvardhan a new couple in town?Know who's who in the new US First Family
India's Sania Mirza and Rohan Bopanna won their mixed doubles first round matches at the A
Railways pushing renewable energy to attain cost-efficiency :Suresh Prabhu IANS Last Updated : 11 Jan 2017 07:59:33 PM IST (File Photo)
In a bid to adopt green technology, the Indian Railways is giving a big push to renewable energy to attain cost efficiency, Minister Suresh Prabhu said on Wednesday.
"The Railway Ministry is giving a big push to use renewable energy, electrification for ensuring sustainability and cost efficiency," Minister Prabhu said during a roundtable discussion here with the external stakeholders of the railways.
Prabhu observed that managing railways' operations while being environmentally sustainable remained a "challenge".
Prabhu said: "Railways is working on mainstreaming sustainability in our strategy."
"Having set up a separate directorate for environment, it is no more a peripheral activity, and now integrated with and complements the core activity."
Prabhu during the roundtable discussion highlighted the green inititives of the railways.
"Land use optimisation, afforestation, water bodies restoration, cleanliness are just some of the activities that the railways are working on to ensure sustainability," he said.
Meanwhile, Minister of State for Railways Rajen Gohain said that "Railway is the most environment friendly modes of transport".
"We are conscious of green issues and taking measures to go green wherever possible," Gohain said.
Stressing on the imporatnce of discussions with the external stakeholders, Prabhu said, "As a modern responsive organisation we cannot afford to work in isolation and we must tune ourselves to emerging trends in our economy and society."
"Roundtable discussions with external stakeholders will help in gaining perspectives, exchange knowledge and improving our workings," the Railway Minister said.loading...
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood superstar Aamir Khans sports drama "Dangal" -- which has already garnered the "h
- Commando 2 teaser released, Vidyut on cloud nine
- Priyanka Jagga bags her first Bollywood film
- Ten unknown facts about Sushant
- Kareena to be Anita Dongre's showstopper at LFW finale
- Can't work with people who don't love me: SRK
- Sara Ali and Harshvardhan a new couple in town?
- Kaabil: Watch Hrithik in the latest dialogue promo
- Tamil stars gather for fast in support of Jallikattu
Researchers at IISER-Kolkata's Ant Lab here are exploring why ants take the risk and bear
Marking its 20th anniversary in the country, Digital imaging company Canon India on Friday