- Can't tolerate bullying: Kangana RanautAbRam gets magic in SRK's lifeUnknown facts about Shahid KapoorPriyanka Chopra to attend 2017 OscarsSelect right jewellery for wedding functionsPlastic surgery goes wrong for Ayesha TakiaMy scenes in 'Rangoon' were cut: Kangana RanautA fasting diet may help to reverse diabetes'Rangoon': An impressively immersive filmMahashivaratri Wallpapers and Facebook images
Sanjeev Rajput finished fifth in the mens 50m Rifle 3 Positions event on a disappointing d
Dieticians to look into quality of food for troops : Rijiju IANS Last Updated : 11 Jan 2017 06:09:55 PM IST (File Photo)
Union Minister Kiren Rijiju ' title=' Kiren Rijiju '>Kiren Rijiju on Wednesday said the government has sent teams of dieticians to all the posts along the country's borders manned by security forces to ascertain the quality of food served to the troops.
The assurance from the Union Minister of State for Home came in reference to a video that went viral in the social media alleging that the troops on the border were served poor quality food.
Talking to the media on the sidelines of a function organised by the Assam government to popularise digital transactions across the state, Rijiju said: "The jawans (troops) and their food and comfort is the top priority of our government. We have taken the matter seriously.
"The government had already deputed a Brigadier-level officer of the Border Security Force (BSF) and an Inspector General-level officer to probe the matter."
A few days back, a BSF constable Tej Bahadur Yadav had uploaded a video on social networking sites and alleged that troops were served bad quality food.
"The video in social networking sites is yet to be verified. We have already instituted a probe to verify the video and ascertain its authenticity," Rijiju said.
"Simultaneously, a probe has also been ordered to ascertain the quality of food served to our jawans on the difficult borders. Besides, we have also deputed a team of expert dieticians to visit the posts of security forces located along the borders," he said.
He also appealed to the media not to make an issue out of the uploaded video, since it is yet to be verified.
"We have received the initial probe inquiry report. But we can divulge it only when the government receives the final report," he added.loading...
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Kangana credits her success and failures to her growth in Bollywood. "Every single day has
- Fire at warehouse, film city in Bengal, no injuries
- Pics; AbRam gets magic in SRK's life
- No one should instruct adults what to watch: Motwane
- Very rewarding: Taapsee on watching 'Pink' with President
- Kabir Khan slams CBFC for refusing certificate to 'Lipstick...'
- Unknown facts about Shahid Kapoor
- Priyanka Chopra to attend 2017 Oscars
- Big B, Taapsee to watch 'Pink' with President
If you are living in a neighbourhood surrounded by trees and shrubs, with birds chirping
Number of Facebook users across the globe were locked out of their accounts due to an erro