- Dangal mints over Rs 375 crore in IndiaPriyanka Jagga bags her first Bollywood filmTen unknown facts about SushantCold wave continues in J&KDonald Trump, Melania perform first danceKareena to be Anita Dongre's showstopper at LFW finaleCan't work with people who don't love me: SRKMaruti Suzuki Ignis Surpasses 10,000 Bookings Within 20 DaysSara Ali and Harshvardhan a new couple in town?Know who's who in the new US First Family
India's Sania Mirza and Rohan Bopanna won their mixed doubles first round matches at the A
Dieticians to look into quality of food for troops : Rijiju IANS Last Updated : 11 Jan 2017 06:09:55 PM IST (File Photo)
Union Minister Kiren Rijiju ' title=' Kiren Rijiju '>Kiren Rijiju on Wednesday said the government has sent teams of dieticians to all the posts along the country's borders manned by security forces to ascertain the quality of food served to the troops.
The assurance from the Union Minister of State for Home came in reference to a video that went viral in the social media alleging that the troops on the border were served poor quality food.
Talking to the media on the sidelines of a function organised by the Assam government to popularise digital transactions across the state, Rijiju said: "The jawans (troops) and their food and comfort is the top priority of our government. We have taken the matter seriously.
"The government had already deputed a Brigadier-level officer of the Border Security Force (BSF) and an Inspector General-level officer to probe the matter."
A few days back, a BSF constable Tej Bahadur Yadav had uploaded a video on social networking sites and alleged that troops were served bad quality food.
"The video in social networking sites is yet to be verified. We have already instituted a probe to verify the video and ascertain its authenticity," Rijiju said.
"Simultaneously, a probe has also been ordered to ascertain the quality of food served to our jawans on the difficult borders. Besides, we have also deputed a team of expert dieticians to visit the posts of security forces located along the borders," he said.
He also appealed to the media not to make an issue out of the uploaded video, since it is yet to be verified.
"We have received the initial probe inquiry report. But we can divulge it only when the government receives the final report," he added.loading...
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood superstar Aamir Khans sports drama "Dangal" -- which has already garnered the "h
- Commando 2 teaser released, Vidyut on cloud nine
- Priyanka Jagga bags her first Bollywood film
- Ten unknown facts about Sushant
- Kareena to be Anita Dongre's showstopper at LFW finale
- Can't work with people who don't love me: SRK
- Sara Ali and Harshvardhan a new couple in town?
- Kaabil: Watch Hrithik in the latest dialogue promo
- Tamil stars gather for fast in support of Jallikattu
Researchers at IISER-Kolkata's Ant Lab here are exploring why ants take the risk and bear
Marking its 20th anniversary in the country, Digital imaging company Canon India on Friday