- Shraddha ages in 'Haseena...'How to dress right for office in summerVIP voting in MCD polls amid EVM glitches'Half Girlfriend' to release across 1600 Indian screensPick banana, melon, cold milk to fight acidityPeople within showbiz don't judge women: Ruslaan Mumtaz'Noor': Says so much without seeming to say anythingReal reason why Abhi-Aish will not celebrate their anniversaryShah Rukh finds it tough to describe himselfDress up right this summer
Indian star Rohan Bopanna and his Uruguayan partner Pablo Cuevas defeated the Spanish team
17-year-old with heart defect gets new lease of life IANS Last Updated : 18 Apr 2017 04:33:37 PM IST (File Photo)
After years of struggle, 17-year-old Tushar, who was diagnosed with complex cyanotic heart disease when he was six, has now been successfully operated on at a hospital here, giving him a new lease of life.
The right side of his heart and the blood supply to his lungs were grossly abnormal. Moreover, he had a massive hole in his heart and the body was getting only deoxygenated blood, which is impure blood, Max Super Speciality Hospital at Shalimar Bagh said in a statement.
Under the guidance of Senior Cardiac Surgeon Dinesh Mittal, the team conducted CT scan and angiography to define the anatomy in details.
The surgery was highly complicated and time consuming. It took 22 hours to complete this complex procedure. After the surgery, Tushar's body received 100 per cent oxygen level. Though he was on ventilator for 15 days and took a month to recover fully, life has changed for the better for Tushar, the hospital added.
During the surgery, Tushar's breast bone was cut open and he was put on a cardiopulmonary machine. Gradually, the entire body was cooled down to 18 degree celsius. His abnormal arteries of lungs were re-fixed and blood circulation resumed.
The remaining procedure was completed on cardiopulmonary bypass. This technique temporarily takes over the function of the heart and lungs during surgery, maintaining the circulation of blood and the oxygen content of the patient's body, and is used during open heart surgery.
"Ninetyfive per cent of heart defects, especially in children, can usually be treated with medicine or surgery," Mittal said.
"Prevention is the best way to avoid a heart problem later in life," Mittal added.loading...
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actress Shraddha Kapoor has given a glimpse of her younger and older looks in the upcoming
- Stars wish Varun Dhawan on birthday
- Google honours Kannada superstar Rajkumar with doodle
- Sonakshi performing at Bieber's India gig not a good message: Kailash
- Big B reshoots for 'Sarkar 3'
- British fashion model Neelam Gill to accompany Justin Bieber for India gig
- Now censorship on television ?
- Auto driver's son gets Bieber's concert ticket for free
- Allu Arjun's DJ to release on June 23
A man in Pakistan's Punjab province has been surviving on leaves and wood for the last 25
Days after Samsung launched its flagship devices Galaxy S8 and S8+, its South Korean rival