- Taking time to have a personal life: Selena Gomez6 American Tv shows Indians love to watchGionee A1 smartphone: Delight for selfie-loversFeeling beautiful begins with feeling confident, says DeepikaWomen cancer survivors more likely to have pre-term delivery'Golmaal Again' best set I've been on: Parineeti ChopraPhoto : Get hands on skin, hair care tips to combat changing seasonsAnil Kapoor is a delight to work with: Neha SharmaWe're a great team: Twinkle on marriage with AkshayMovie review 'Phillauri': An astutely woven saga
Spain and Italy eased past their opponents to stay unbeaten in Group G of the 2018 footba
Impulsive Facebook use may cause brain imbalance IANS Last Updated : 18 Mar 2017 12:54:08 PM IST File Photo
Do you have the habit of constantly checking Facebook or other social media sites while driving, in a work meeting, or at other times? Beware, it could lead to a deficiency in the balance between two systems in the brain, researchers warn.
The findings showed that when there is an imbalance between two cognitive-behavioural systems in the human brain, there is a higher rate of problematic use of social networking sites.
In the study, researchers from the DePaul University in the US applied the dual system perspective -- an established theory in cognitive psychology and neuroscience -- which holds that humans have two different mechanisms in their brain that influence their decision-making.
While System 1 is automatic and reactive, quickly triggered, often subconsciously, in reaction to stimulus such as a sight of or notifications from social media, System 2 is a reflective, reasoning system that moves more slowly, regulates cognitions and controls behaviours, according to Hamed Qahri-Saremi, assistant professor at DePaul University.
The second system can help individuals control impulses and behaviours that are not in their best interest, he added.
For the study, detailed in the Journal of Management Information Systems, the team obtained responses from 341 undergraduate college students from a North American university who use Facebook.loading...
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Singer Selena Gomez, who is currently rumoured to be in a relationship with singer The Wee
- 6 American Tv shows Indians love to watch
- Feeling beautiful begins with feeling confident, says Deepika
- 'Golmaal Again' best set I've been on: Parineeti Chopra
- Anil Kapoor is a delight to work with: Neha Sharma
- We're a great team: Twinkle on marriage with Akshay
- Yogi Adityanath should do 'gas-releasing' asana: Twinkle Khanna
- Anupam Kher to be honoured with Kala Ratan Award
- 'Peter Gunn' Star Lola Albright dies at 92
A group of birdwatchers spotted an Australian night parrot, once thought to be extinct, fo
At a time when margins are razor-thin in the fast-growing domestic smartphone market, any