- When Salman, Iulia, Katrina were caught under one roofJ&K awaits another spell of rain, snowfallWhen Kangana felt like slapping Sugandha MishraWhat are attractive lips?'The Ghazi Attack': Submerged in mediocrityNeil-Rukmini wedding reception was a starry affairKangana wants to get married!'Rangoon' has my most heroic character: Shahid Kapoor'Running Shaadi': A frothy entertainer'Irada': Good intention poorly executed
The fourth edition of the Tata Motors T1 Prima Truck Racing Championship will be held on M
Pharma pricing regulator cuts stent prices by up to 85% IANS Last Updated : 14 Feb 2017 07:06:55 PM IST (File Photo)
The National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority, in a notification, put a ceiling price on drug eluting stents (DES) and bioresorbable stents at Rs 29,600, and that of bare metal stents at Rs 7,260, effective from Tuesday. The ceiling price excludes local taxes.
The cost of a drug eluting stent currently ranges between Rs 24,000 and Rs 1.5 lakh, and that of a bioresorbable stent is between Rs 1.7 lakh to Rs 2 lakh. A bare metal stent costs between Rs 7,000 and Rs 20,000.
NPPA said it had consulted with various stakeholders on the matter.
"During deliberations, it was found that huge unethical markups are charged at each stage in the supply chain of coronary stents resulting in irrational, restrictive and exorbitant prices in a failed market system driven by information asymmetry between the patient and doctors pushing patients to financial misery," an NPPA notification said.
The NPPA also said that a stent could cost the patient over ten times more by the time it moved from the manufacturer to the patient.
In July 2016, the Union Health Ministry had, through a notification, included coronary stents under the National List of Essential Medicines (NLEM). Drugs and devices listed in the NLEM have to be sold at the price fixed by NPPA. This was after the Delhi High Court sought government action on a public interest litigation (PIL) appeal seeking price control on stents.loading...
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment ( posted):
"The Ghazi Attack", starring actor Rana Daggubati, minted Rs 15.75 crore across India duri
- Will Sara Ali Khan be as lucky as Alia Bhatt
- B-town couples grace Shahid's pre-birthday bash
- Video: Jhanvi grooves with boyfriend
- Pics:Joy to see Alia receive award from Sridevi, Mahesh Bhatt
- When Salman, Iulia, Katrina were caught under one roof
- When Kangana felt like slapping Sugandha Mishra
- 'The Ghazi Attack': Submerged in mediocrity
- Neil-Rukmini wedding reception was a starry affair
It is not the brain that determines whether a person is a lefty or a righty, but the spina
ZTE to launch, Gigabit, phone, at MWC 2017, Beijing, Chinese smartphone, ZTE is set to, la