- When Salman, Iulia, Katrina were caught under one roofJ&K awaits another spell of rain, snowfallWhen Kangana felt like slapping Sugandha MishraWhat are attractive lips?'The Ghazi Attack': Submerged in mediocrityNeil-Rukmini wedding reception was a starry affairKangana wants to get married!'Rangoon' has my most heroic character: Shahid Kapoor'Running Shaadi': A frothy entertainer'Irada': Good intention poorly executed
Elite Kenyan runners competing at the Tokyo marathon on Sunday will be targeting two bir
Kidney failure patients on dialysis at risk of early death Last Updated : 07 Jan 2017 12:35:43 PM IST File photo: Kidney failure patients on dialysis
Kidney failure patients on dialysis tend to have altered blood clots which increases their risk of dying prematurely, especially from cardiovascular causes, according to a study.
The study found that these patients tended to have a denser clot structure than individuals without kidney disease.
Their blood has altered coagulation properties, which increases their risk of both bleeding and thrombotic events such as stroke, as well as an increased risk of dying from other causes, the researchers said.
In addition, analysing the blood of 171 chronic hemodialysis patients, the team found that dialysis patients' fibrinogen -- a protein that is converted into fibrin during blood clot formation -- exhibited certain modifications that were different from fibrinogen from patients without kidney disease.
"Whether better dialysis treatment or medication could improve clot structure needs to be investigated in future studies," said Katharina Schutt from RWTH Aachen University in Germany.
The study was published in the Journal of the American Society of Nephrology (JASN).loading...
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment ( posted):
Popular TV celebs like Helly Shah, Niti Taylor and Roop Durgapal consider Lord Shiva as a
- Movie review: little Sunny completely overshadows Dev Patel in 'Lion'
- Many Controversies of Sofia Hayat
- WhatsUp: Here is the first wedding song of 2017
- Why Akhil Akkineni's destination wedding called off
- Asha Bhosle looking forward to Delhi concert
- Anushka to connect with fans via WhatsApp for 'Phillauri'
- 'Jolly LLB 3' confirmed, say makers
- 'Lion' to be specially screened for underprivileged kids
It is not the brain that determines whether a person is a lefty or a righty, but the spina
Emphasising on building a gaming ecosystem in India, printing and personal computer major