- Mercury remains below freezing in HimachalWhy Javed Akhtar still rules the roost at this ageWhy people love Dangal girl ZairaDiljit Dosanjh to star in Punjabi superhero filmMeet partners in crime of Mrs FunnybonesKaranAyushmann, Bhumi in Hindi remake of 'Kalyana Samayal Saadham'SRK to appear on Salman Khan's 'Tubelight'Film fest in Delhi pays homage to Om PuriPics: 'Miss Sloane' to release in India on February 3
The Indian U-17 football World Cup team lost 0-1 against Iran in the Granatkin Tournament
Kidney failure patients on dialysis at risk of early death Last Updated : 07 Jan 2017 12:35:43 PM IST File photo: Kidney failure patients on dialysis
Kidney failure patients on dialysis tend to have altered blood clots which increases their risk of dying prematurely, especially from cardiovascular causes, according to a study.
The study found that these patients tended to have a denser clot structure than individuals without kidney disease.
Their blood has altered coagulation properties, which increases their risk of both bleeding and thrombotic events such as stroke, as well as an increased risk of dying from other causes, the researchers said.
In addition, analysing the blood of 171 chronic hemodialysis patients, the team found that dialysis patients' fibrinogen -- a protein that is converted into fibrin during blood clot formation -- exhibited certain modifications that were different from fibrinogen from patients without kidney disease.
"Whether better dialysis treatment or medication could improve clot structure needs to be investigated in future studies," said Katharina Schutt from RWTH Aachen University in Germany.
The study was published in the Journal of the American Society of Nephrology (JASN).loading...
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Ever wondered why veteran lyricist still remains a favourite of leading Bollywood names ev
- Pics: Why people love Dangal girl Zaira
- Diljit Dosanjh to star in Punjabi superhero film
- Films that didn't work affected me immensely: Vidya
- Meet partners in crime of Mrs Funnybones
- Indian actor Sunny Pawar meets Barack Obama
- Karan "An Unsuitable Boy"
- Zaira, you are a role model for me: Aamir
- Ayushmann, Bhumi in Hindi remake of 'Kalyana Samayal Saadham'
When "Kaa" the hypnotic, yellowish Indian Rock Python hisses and casts a spell on Mowgli i
Samsung India on Tuesday announced the launch of its new smartphone powerhouse 'Galaxy C9