- It's January wedding for Kapil SharmaOutdoor games can make kids love natureNever put on so much weight before: Ranbir KapoorKnow more about Rani MukerjiI love, respect Sunil Grover: Kapil SharmaKareena's pic with Taimur will make your daySunny Leone excited to attend Justin Bieber's Mumbai concertCelebs attend Aishwarya's father funeralAmitabh mourns death of Aishwarya's fatherSunny Leone to endorse Dubai-based mobile brand
Spain and Italy eased past their opponents to stay unbeaten in Group G of the 2018 footba
Kidney failure patients on dialysis at risk of early death Last Updated : 07 Jan 2017 12:35:43 PM IST File photo: Kidney failure patients on dialysis
Kidney failure patients on dialysis tend to have altered blood clots which increases their risk of dying prematurely, especially from cardiovascular causes, according to a study.
The study found that these patients tended to have a denser clot structure than individuals without kidney disease.
Their blood has altered coagulation properties, which increases their risk of both bleeding and thrombotic events such as stroke, as well as an increased risk of dying from other causes, the researchers said.
In addition, analysing the blood of 171 chronic hemodialysis patients, the team found that dialysis patients' fibrinogen -- a protein that is converted into fibrin during blood clot formation -- exhibited certain modifications that were different from fibrinogen from patients without kidney disease.
"Whether better dialysis treatment or medication could improve clot structure needs to be investigated in future studies," said Katharina Schutt from RWTH Aachen University in Germany.
The study was published in the Journal of the American Society of Nephrology (JASN).loading...
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment ( posted):
After giving a striking performance in critically acclaimed 'Pink', Kirti Kulhari is set t
- VIDEO: Huma Qureshi on 28-day detox
- NTR's leaked look from his next film goes viral
- Taking time to have a personal life: Selena Gomez
- 6 American Tv shows Indians love to watch
- Feeling beautiful begins with feeling confident, says Deepika
- 'Golmaal Again' best set I've been on: Parineeti Chopra
- Anil Kapoor is a delight to work with: Neha Sharma
- We're a great team: Twinkle on marriage with Akshay
A group of birdwatchers spotted an Australian night parrot, once thought to be extinct, fo
At a time when margins are razor-thin in the fast-growing domestic smartphone market, any