- Haseena new poster: Shraddha and Siddharth look deadlyGoddess Brahmacharini worshiped on Day 2No baby right now, says Bipasha BasuWhy are Ranveer, Deepika avoiding each otherArjun, Shraddha in 'Half Girlfriend' first posterChaitra Navratri: Goddess Shailputri worshiped on Day 1Video games may help combat depressionFIRST LOOK: Kirti Kulhari in 'Indu Sarkar'Taking time to have a personal life: Selena Gomez6 American Tv shows Indians love to watch
Spain and Italy eased past their opponents to stay unbeaten in Group G of the 2018 footba
This app-based game may help smokers quit IANS Last Updated : 05 Jan 2017 05:02:38 PM IST (File Photo)
In the game, players have to swipe a certain number of cigarettes to break them within a time limit.
However, it also incorporates a combination of 37 behavioural change techniques, including showing the player the health consequences of a behaviour, gaining points for grabbing healthy items, or providing virtual financial incentives, to help individuals quit smoking, the researchers said.
"We're essentially trying to 'gamify' health messages and behaviour change techniques as a way of embedding them in a person's mind, in the hope that they will then be able to quit smoking," said Robert Walton, Professor at Queen Mary University of London (QMUL).
"The good thing about a smartphone gaming app is that you can play it anywhere. Craving is a short-term thing, so if you get a craving at 11am, you can play the game in the warm until it passes, rather than going out into the cold for a cigarette. You've also got something to do with your hands other than smoke," added Hope Caton lecturer at Kingston University.
Rewards in the game are a way of giving smokers instant positive feedback.
"When you're trying to quit smoking you don't get much instant feedback except desire. Your health is better but somehow it doesn't have the same effect as being told you're winning or getting a gold star," Caton explained, in the study published in the journal BMJ.loading...
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
The makers of "Haseena: The Queen of Mumbai", starring Shraddha Kapoor and her brother Sid
- Jumanji sequel gets new title
- No baby right now, says Bipasha Basu
- Why are Ranveer, Deepika avoiding each other
- Arjun, Shraddha in 'Half Girlfriend' first poster
- FIRST LOOK: Kirti Kulhari in 'Indu Sarkar'
- VIDEO: Huma Qureshi on 28-day detox
- NTR's leaked look from his next film goes viral
- Taking time to have a personal life: Selena Gomez
A group of birdwatchers spotted an Australian night parrot, once thought to be extinct, fo
At a time when margins are razor-thin in the fast-growing domestic smartphone market, any