- It's January wedding for Kapil SharmaOutdoor games can make kids love natureNever put on so much weight before: Ranbir KapoorKnow more about Rani MukerjiI love, respect Sunil Grover: Kapil SharmaKareena's pic with Taimur will make your daySunny Leone excited to attend Justin Bieber's Mumbai concertCelebs attend Aishwarya's father funeralAmitabh mourns death of Aishwarya's fatherSunny Leone to endorse Dubai-based mobile brand
Spain and Italy eased past their opponents to stay unbeaten in Group G of the 2018 footba
Jaipur food fest to revive Persian delicacies for Nowruz Last Updated : 20 Mar 2017 04:07:41 PM IST (file photo)
The "forgotten recipes" of Persia are about to be revived at a 13-day food festival that promises an authentic culinary fare through the subtle flavours that originated in Iran centuries ago.
Heralding Nowruz, the dawn of the Persian New Year, Fairmont Jaipur ' title=' Fairmont Jaipur '>Fairmont Jaipur ' title=' Fairmont Jaipur ' title=' Fairmont Jaipur '>Fairmont Jaipur '>Fairmont Jaipur is launching the food fest on Marh 21 at the hotel's signature Indo-Persian restaurant "Zarin" -- a name inspired by the Persian connotation for gold -- that celebrates the fusion of two ancient culinary traditions of Asia.
"Zarin is a unique restaurant that adds drama and flair to our repertoire of dining facilities at Fairmont Jaipur. The restaurant evokes heart-warming nostalgia of grandiose culinary traditions of the warrior kings and emperors across Persia," Srijan Vadhera, General Manager, Fairmont Jaipur, said while announcing the launch of the festival at an event here over the weekend.
The Persian food festival that also marks the launch of a new menu at Zarin will offer guests a wide selection of vegetarian and non-vegetarian delicacies, including Iranian Haleem, Mutton Dhansak, Tabriz Koftey -- stuffed chicken dumpling filled with nuts and spices - and Patrani Paneer Kebab -- banana leaf wrapped grilled cottage cheese flavoured with garlic and cinnamon.
"The new menu at Zarin will offer diners a delightful insight into a bygone era that has influenced our cuisine in countless ways. The food festival that celebrates Nowruz is a compilation of highlights from the new menu breathing life into the forgotten recipes of Persia," Manpreet Singh, Executive Chef, Fairmont Jaipur, said.
The 200-room Farirmont Jaipur Hotel that integrates the Rajputana decor with the majesty of Mughal architecture to offer guests the grandeur of a palace with all modern amenities is located just 10 kms from the famous Amer Fort.
Besides the Indo-Persian restaurant "Zarin", the hotel also boasts of a multi-cuisine restaurant "Zoya", and a library-bar where one can sip the selected choice of premium scotch whiskeys or fine wines while reading a book or watching the best of Charlie Chaplin films.loading...
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment ( posted):
Singer Selena Gomez, who is currently rumoured to be in a relationship with singer The Wee
- 6 American Tv shows Indians love to watch
- Feeling beautiful begins with feeling confident, says Deepika
- 'Golmaal Again' best set I've been on: Parineeti Chopra
- Anil Kapoor is a delight to work with: Neha Sharma
- We're a great team: Twinkle on marriage with Akshay
- Yogi Adityanath should do 'gas-releasing' asana: Twinkle Khanna
- Anupam Kher to be honoured with Kala Ratan Award
- 'Peter Gunn' Star Lola Albright dies at 92
A group of birdwatchers spotted an Australian night parrot, once thought to be extinct, fo
At a time when margins are razor-thin in the fast-growing domestic smartphone market, any