- Alia Bhatt watches 'Phillauri' with beau SidharthAnushka, Diljit keep believing in the impossible: SRKIndia ashamed of sexuality, physicality: Actress Radhika ApteUnknown facts about Kangana RanautAkshay Kumar has many similarities with my father: Bhushan KumarKanika adds personal touch to 'Diya Aur...' sequelThe incredible journey from Dalip Rana to The Great KhaliNeed a block button for haters: Actor Sunny LeonePHOTOS: Salman, Katrina back togetherB-Town attends Aishwarya Rai's father's chautha
Former Davis cup captain Naresh Kumar on Thursday hoped Indian tennis superstars Leander
Ignorant of law: Balasubrahmanyam on Ilayaraja's notice IANS Last Updated : 20 Mar 2017 09:31:34 AM IST File photo: S.P. Balasubrahmanyam
Legendary singer S.P. Balasubrahmanyam, who has received a legal notice from his long-time friend and maestro Ilayaraja which doesn't allow him to render the latter's songs during his ongoing tour, says he is ignorant of such legalities.
The National Award winning singer is currently on a world tour SPB50, to commemorate the legend's 50th year in the film industry. The tour started in August last year from Toronto, Canada.
Balasubrahmanyam talked about the legal notice via a Facebook post on Sunday.
He wrote: "Couple of days back, an attorney representing Ilayaraja, sent legal notices to me, Chithra, Charan, organisers of the concerts in different cities and the managements of all the venues."
"According to the notice, we are not supposed to perform his compositions without his permission. If so, it is breaking the copyright law and have to pay huge financial penalties and face legal action. Let me say, I am ignorant of these legalities."
Balasubrahmanyam says he is surprised that he did not get any feelers from Ilayaraja's office at the time when the concert began.
"As I said earlier, I am ignorant of the law. If it is a law, so be it and I will obey it. In these circumstances, our troupe cannot perform his compositions from today," he added.
He requested his fans and well-wishers to not have any harsh opinions and discussions regarding this matter.
"If this is the design of God, I obey it with reverence," he said.
In the comments section on the Facebook post, Balasubrahmanyam clarified that he will be responding legally to the notice.
As part of the tour, Balasubrahmanyam along with playback singer Chithra and his son Charan has performed in Russia, Sri Lanka, Malaysia, Singapore, Dubai and has done several shows in India as well.
Ilayaraja and Balasubrahmanyam have been thickest of friends for over six decades. Even before they forayed into the film industry, they used to perform together at several marriages, birthday parties and private concerts.
Balasubrahmanyam has also sung in several of Ilayaraja's compositions over the years.loading...
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
British model David Gandy says social media is a source of depression for people.
- Alia Bhatt watches 'Phillauri' with beau Sidharth
- Michael Shannon in 'Deadpool 2'
- Anushka, Diljit keep believing in the impossible: SRK
- I'm a survivor: Neha Dhupia
- India ashamed of sexuality, physicality: Actress Radhika Apte
- Unknown facts about Kangana Ranaut
- Akshay Kumar has many similarities with my father: Bhushan Kumar
- Kanika adds personal touch to 'Diya Aur...' sequel
A group of birdwatchers spotted an Australian night parrot, once thought to be extinct, fo
Chinese smartphone maker nubia on Monday launched Z11 MINI S smartphone designed for photo