- B-town couples grace Shahid's pre-birthday bashSay goodbye to cold with home remediesJoy to see Alia receive award from Sridevi, Mahesh BhattVIPs who got inked in third phase of UP electionsWhen Salman, Iulia, Katrina were caught under one roofJ&K awaits another spell of rain, snowfallWhen Kangana felt like slapping Sugandha MishraWhat are attractive lips?'The Ghazi Attack': Submerged in mediocrityNeil-Rukmini wedding reception was a starry affair
The fourth edition of the Tata Motors T1 Prima Truck Racing Championship will be held on M
Court sends TV actor Anuj Saxena to three-day CBI custody IANS Last Updated : 17 Feb 2017 01:20:41 PM IST File photo: Anuj Saxena
A court in New Delhi on Friday sent TV actor and COO of Elder Pharmaceuticals, Anuj Saxena, accused of bribing former Corporate Affairs Ministry official B.K. Bansal -- who committed suicide -- to three days CBI custody.
Saxena had on Thursday surrendered before the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Special Judge Gurdeep Singh.
Singh allowed the probe agency to quiz him till Monday.
Saxena was directed by the Delhi High Court on February 13 to surrender before the trial court.
The CBI has alleged that Saxena had contacted another co-accused Vishwadeep Bansal to negotiate with a senior Corporate Affairs Ministry official for not recommending the matter to the Serious Fraud Investigation Office (SFIO) for probe against his company.
The investigating agency has also alleged that Bansal was dealing with the violations by Elder Pharmaceuticals.
The court observed that Saxena's role was direct, as he was the beneficiary from the alleged offence.
Key accused B.K. Bansal and and his 31-year-old son Yogesh committed suicide on September 27, 2016, by hanging themselves at their house in east Delhi. His wife Satyabala, 57, and daughter Neha, 27, committed suicide on July 19 last year.
Bansal, an Additional Secretary-rank Director General in the Ministry, was arrested by the CBI on bribery charges on July 16. Later, he was granted bail.
He was accused of receiving Rs 9 lakh from Mumbai-based Elder Pharmaceuticals.loading...
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
"The Ghazi Attack", starring actor Rana Daggubati, minted Rs 15.75 crore across India duri
- Will Sara Ali Khan be as lucky as Alia Bhatt
- B-town couples grace Shahid's pre-birthday bash
- Video: Jhanvi grooves with boyfriend
- Pics:Joy to see Alia receive award from Sridevi, Mahesh Bhatt
- When Salman, Iulia, Katrina were caught under one roof
- When Kangana felt like slapping Sugandha Mishra
- 'The Ghazi Attack': Submerged in mediocrity
- Neil-Rukmini wedding reception was a starry affair
It is not the brain that determines whether a person is a lefty or a righty, but the spina
ZTE to launch, Gigabit, phone, at MWC 2017, Beijing, Chinese smartphone, ZTE is set to, la