- Video games may help combat depressionFIRST LOOK: Kirti Kulhari in 'Indu Sarkar'Taking time to have a personal life: Selena Gomez6 American Tv shows Indians love to watchGionee A1 smartphone: Delight for selfie-loversFeeling beautiful begins with feeling confident, says DeepikaWomen cancer survivors more likely to have pre-term delivery'Golmaal Again' best set I've been on: Parineeti ChopraPhoto : Get hands on skin, hair care tips to combat changing seasonsAnil Kapoor is a delight to work with: Neha Sharma
Spain and Italy eased past their opponents to stay unbeaten in Group G of the 2018 footba
Court sends TV actor Anuj Saxena to three-day CBI custody IANS Last Updated : 17 Feb 2017 01:20:41 PM IST File photo: Anuj Saxena
A court in New Delhi on Friday sent TV actor and COO of Elder Pharmaceuticals, Anuj Saxena, accused of bribing former Corporate Affairs Ministry official B.K. Bansal -- who committed suicide -- to three days CBI custody.
Saxena had on Thursday surrendered before the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Special Judge Gurdeep Singh.
Singh allowed the probe agency to quiz him till Monday.
Saxena was directed by the Delhi High Court on February 13 to surrender before the trial court.
The CBI has alleged that Saxena had contacted another co-accused Vishwadeep Bansal to negotiate with a senior Corporate Affairs Ministry official for not recommending the matter to the Serious Fraud Investigation Office (SFIO) for probe against his company.
The investigating agency has also alleged that Bansal was dealing with the violations by Elder Pharmaceuticals.
The court observed that Saxena's role was direct, as he was the beneficiary from the alleged offence.
Key accused B.K. Bansal and and his 31-year-old son Yogesh committed suicide on September 27, 2016, by hanging themselves at their house in east Delhi. His wife Satyabala, 57, and daughter Neha, 27, committed suicide on July 19 last year.
Bansal, an Additional Secretary-rank Director General in the Ministry, was arrested by the CBI on bribery charges on July 16. Later, he was granted bail.
He was accused of receiving Rs 9 lakh from Mumbai-based Elder Pharmaceuticals.loading...
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
After giving a striking performance in critically acclaimed 'Pink', Kirti Kulhari is set t
- VIDEO: Huma Qureshi on 28-day detox
- NTR's leaked look from his next film goes viral
- Taking time to have a personal life: Selena Gomez
- 6 American Tv shows Indians love to watch
- Feeling beautiful begins with feeling confident, says Deepika
- 'Golmaal Again' best set I've been on: Parineeti Chopra
- Anil Kapoor is a delight to work with: Neha Sharma
- We're a great team: Twinkle on marriage with Akshay
A group of birdwatchers spotted an Australian night parrot, once thought to be extinct, fo
At a time when margins are razor-thin in the fast-growing domestic smartphone market, any