- 10 B-Town kids with unique namesKerala celebrates EasterSRK teaches Lungi dance to Brett RatnerYRF to distribute Salman's 'Tubelight' overseas'Begum Jaan': It's no 'Mandi', but an experienceVolvo launches its fastest car, PolestarBangladesh celebrates Pohela BoishakhPICS: Modi prays at Deekshabhoomi'Raabta' first look: Sushant, Kirti look adorableAssam celebrates Rongali Bihu
Indian star Rohan Bopanna and his Uruguayan partner Pablo Cuevas defeated the Spanish team
India contributes $250,000 to UN election assistance programme IANS Last Updated : 20 Apr 2017 04:19:46 PM IST Eenam Gambhir, a First Secretary in India's Mission to the UN, presented the cheque to Kyoko Shiotani, Chief of the Office of the Under-Secretary-General.
India has made a quarter-million-dollar contribution to the UN programme for helping countries to hold elections and develop their electoral systems.
Eenam Gambhir, a First Secretary in India's Mission to the UN, presented the cheque to Kyoko Shiotani, Chief of the Office of the Under-Secretary-General at the UN Department of Political Affairs, on Tuesday.
This is the second Indian contribution of $250,000 to the programmes for electoral assistance and capacity building. The first was made in 2012.
Through the Election Assistance Division set up in 1991, the UN has helped over 100 countries with their elections.
The division principally provides technical assistance for organising and conducting elections.
But it has also sent observers to ensure the integrity of elections at the request of the General Assembly or the Security Council, and even organised elections in Cambodia and Timor-Leste.loading...
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment ( posted):
Actress Shraddha Kapoor has given a glimpse of her younger and older looks in the upcoming
- Stars wish Varun Dhawan on birthday
- Google honours Kannada superstar Rajkumar with doodle
- Sonakshi performing at Bieber's India gig not a good message: Kailash
- Big B reshoots for 'Sarkar 3'
- British fashion model Neelam Gill to accompany Justin Bieber for India gig
- Now censorship on television ?
- Auto driver's son gets Bieber's concert ticket for free
- Allu Arjun's DJ to release on June 23
A man in Pakistan's Punjab province has been surviving on leaves and wood for the last 25
Days after Samsung launched its flagship devices Galaxy S8 and S8+, its South Korean rival