- It's January wedding for Kapil SharmaOutdoor games can make kids love natureNever put on so much weight before: Ranbir KapoorKnow more about Rani MukerjiI love, respect Sunil Grover: Kapil SharmaKareena's pic with Taimur will make your daySunny Leone excited to attend Justin Bieber's Mumbai concertCelebs attend Aishwarya's father funeralAmitabh mourns death of Aishwarya's fatherSunny Leone to endorse Dubai-based mobile brand
Spain and Italy eased past their opponents to stay unbeaten in Group G of the 2018 footba
RBI chief asks centre to drastically cut borrowings IANS Last Updated : 11 Jan 2017 06:06:28 PM IST (File photo)
Reserve Bank of India Governor Urjit Patel on Wednesday warned that the government's debt to GDP ratio was constraining the country's sovereign ratings and called upon the central government to work towards reducing high central and state borrowings.
In his address at the biennial Vibrant Gujarat Global Investors Summit here, Patel said the country's cumulative fiscal deficit of the states and the centre was among the highest in G20 countries, at 6.4 per cent of the GDP for financial year 2016-17.
Citing data from the International Monetary Fund (IMF), he said: "We have to take cognisance of these comparisons and facts as we go forward to make progress. Specifically, this will help us to better manage risks for ourselves and thereby mitigate financial volatility."
The RBI chief said that low and stable inflation was indeed important but at the same time, India must ensure its medium-term consumer-prices based inflation target of four per cent is "secured on a durable basis."
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment ( posted):
The makers of "Haseena: The Queen of Mumbai", starring Shraddha Kapoor and her brother Sid
- Jumanji sequel gets new title
- No baby right now, says Bipasha Basu
- Why are Ranveer, Deepika avoiding each other
- Arjun, Shraddha in 'Half Girlfriend' first poster
- FIRST LOOK: Kirti Kulhari in 'Indu Sarkar'
- VIDEO: Huma Qureshi on 28-day detox
- NTR's leaked look from his next film goes viral
- Taking time to have a personal life: Selena Gomez
A group of birdwatchers spotted an Australian night parrot, once thought to be extinct, fo
At a time when margins are razor-thin in the fast-growing domestic smartphone market, any