- Mercury remains below freezing in HimachalWhy Javed Akhtar still rules the roost at this ageWhy people love Dangal girl ZairaDiljit Dosanjh to star in Punjabi superhero filmMeet partners in crime of Mrs FunnybonesKaranAyushmann, Bhumi in Hindi remake of 'Kalyana Samayal Saadham'SRK to appear on Salman Khan's 'Tubelight'Film fest in Delhi pays homage to Om PuriPics: 'Miss Sloane' to release in India on February 3
The Indian U-17 football World Cup team lost 0-1 against Iran in the Granatkin Tournament
RBI chief asks centre to drastically cut borrowings IANS Last Updated : 11 Jan 2017 06:06:28 PM IST (File photo)
Reserve Bank of India Governor Urjit Patel on Wednesday warned that the government's debt to GDP ratio was constraining the country's sovereign ratings and called upon the central government to work towards reducing high central and state borrowings.
In his address at the biennial Vibrant Gujarat Global Investors Summit here, Patel said the country's cumulative fiscal deficit of the states and the centre was among the highest in G20 countries, at 6.4 per cent of the GDP for financial year 2016-17.
Citing data from the International Monetary Fund (IMF), he said: "We have to take cognisance of these comparisons and facts as we go forward to make progress. Specifically, this will help us to better manage risks for ourselves and thereby mitigate financial volatility."
The RBI chief said that low and stable inflation was indeed important but at the same time, India must ensure its medium-term consumer-prices based inflation target of four per cent is "secured on a durable basis."
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Ever wondered why veteran lyricist still remains a favourite of leading Bollywood names ev
- Pics: Why people love Dangal girl Zaira
- Diljit Dosanjh to star in Punjabi superhero film
- Films that didn't work affected me immensely: Vidya
- Meet partners in crime of Mrs Funnybones
- Indian actor Sunny Pawar meets Barack Obama
- Karan "An Unsuitable Boy"
- Zaira, you are a role model for me: Aamir
- Ayushmann, Bhumi in Hindi remake of 'Kalyana Samayal Saadham'
When "Kaa" the hypnotic, yellowish Indian Rock Python hisses and casts a spell on Mowgli i
Samsung India on Tuesday announced the launch of its new smartphone powerhouse 'Galaxy C9