- Pics: Mahashivaratri,TV celebs on how Lord Shiva inspires themMovie review: little Sunny completely overshadows Dev Patel in 'Lion'Many Controversies of Sofia HayatWhy Akhil Akkineni's destination wedding called offAnushka to connect with fans via WhatsApp for 'Phillauri'How to look gorgeous beyond 30sSushant begins preparation for 'Chanda Mama Door Ke'Deepika's Hollywood debut mints over $300 mn worldwide'Jolly LLB 2' enters 100 crore clubAkshay, Bhumi wrap 'Toilet: Ek Prem Katha'
Elite Kenyan runners competing at the Tokyo marathon on Sunday will be targeting two bir
RBI chief asks centre to drastically cut borrowings IANS Last Updated : 11 Jan 2017 06:06:28 PM IST (File photo)
Reserve Bank of India Governor Urjit Patel on Wednesday warned that the government's debt to GDP ratio was constraining the country's sovereign ratings and called upon the central government to work towards reducing high central and state borrowings.
In his address at the biennial Vibrant Gujarat Global Investors Summit here, Patel said the country's cumulative fiscal deficit of the states and the centre was among the highest in G20 countries, at 6.4 per cent of the GDP for financial year 2016-17.
Citing data from the International Monetary Fund (IMF), he said: "We have to take cognisance of these comparisons and facts as we go forward to make progress. Specifically, this will help us to better manage risks for ourselves and thereby mitigate financial volatility."
The RBI chief said that low and stable inflation was indeed important but at the same time, India must ensure its medium-term consumer-prices based inflation target of four per cent is "secured on a durable basis."
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Popular TV celebs like Helly Shah, Niti Taylor and Roop Durgapal consider Lord Shiva as a
- Movie review: little Sunny completely overshadows Dev Patel in 'Lion'
- Many Controversies of Sofia Hayat
- WhatsUp: Here is the first wedding song of 2017
- Why Akhil Akkineni's destination wedding called off
- Asha Bhosle looking forward to Delhi concert
- Anushka to connect with fans via WhatsApp for 'Phillauri'
- 'Jolly LLB 3' confirmed, say makers
- 'Lion' to be specially screened for underprivileged kids
It is not the brain that determines whether a person is a lefty or a righty, but the spina
Emphasising on building a gaming ecosystem in India, printing and personal computer major