- Miss World Zimbabwe troubled over her nude pics scandalWhat role Aishwarya Rai played in Salman's hit and run case?Ranbir Kapoor all set to rock with these upcoming filmsPICS:Have a look at Rihanna’s Met Gala outfitThats how Salman turned \'\'Being Human\'\'Not only Salman there are other Bollywood celebs also who messed with the lawSalman\'s sister Arpita thanks fans for support on \'big\' dayShah Rukh Khan visits Salman's Galaxy Apartments to meet himMumbai beat Delhi by 5 wkts to jump to 4th spotSalman Khan declared guilty in the Hit and Run case
Yuki Bhambri on Monday in New Delhi broke back into the top-200 after 15 months, thanks to
Nepal fails to elect new PM Last Updated : 22 Jul 2010 10:50:41 AM IST
Nepal's lawmakers on Wednesday failed to elect a new Prime Minister yet again as neither of the two candidates — Unified Communist Party of Nepal-Maoist's (UCPN-M) Prachanda and Nepali Congress's Ramchandra Poudel — could secure the required number of votes .
It was an especially humiliating moment for Maoist chief Pushpa Kamal Dahal Prachanda, who had won a thumping victory in 2008, leading the first Maoist government of Nepal. The third candidate CPN-UML chief Jhalanath Khanal withdrew from the voting process as he failed to secure support of two-third members of the house.
The chairman of Nepal's parliament, Subhash Nembang, announced that Prachanda had won only 242 votes, falling considerably short of the 301 needed to get simple majority in the 601-seat house.
While 114 MPs voted against him, 236 decided to abstain. Ramchandra Poudel secured 124 votes in favour and 235 against.
Speaker Subash Nemwang has summoned the Constituent Assembly on Friday to give lawmakers another chance to elect a new Prime Minister. Nemwang said of Prachanda and Poudel: "Both the contestants were defeated for their failure to secure minimum votes."
The four Terai-based parties decided not to participate in Wednesday's voting to protest against the three major political parties which had not consulted them before fielding their respective candidates.
Since they united against King Gyanendra's army-backed government in 2006 and caused it to collapse, Nepal's parties failed to show further statesmanship and decisiveness.
Nepali politics since the fall of the royal regime has been characterised by infighting and dithering.
It made the parties fail to promulgate a new constitution in time and rehabilitate the guerrilla army of the Maoists, which remains a worrying parallel army four years after the rebels signed a peace accord.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
This is weird but true, did Aishwarya Rai have a role to play in Salman Khan's hit and run
- Ranbir Kapoor all set to rock with these upcoming films
- Why Arjun calls Jacqueline Fernandez?
- Meatloaf makes husband fell in love with Scarlett
- Britney embarrassed after falling on stage
- Salman's dialogue proved almost prophetic in Hit-n-run case
- #SalmanVerdict trending on Twitter
- PICS:Have a look at Rihanna’s Met Gala outfit
- Thats how Salman turned ''Being Human''
Just like humans, dolphins form highly complex and dynamic networks of friends, preferring
Finding itself on the wrong side of Net Neutrality debate, Facebook today made its Interne