- Is Katrina upset and did not come in receptionWhy these B-Wood celebs did not attend Arpita Khan\'s receptionAamir and Deepika in Karan Johar film?SRK, Salman candid moments at Arpita's wedding receptionSRK dances on 'Chaiyya Chaiyya' with Salman at Arpita's receptionCondoms, pregnancy test kit, rifles found in Rampal's AashramPoonam Pandey to endorse breast creamAamir, SRK and Salman together at same stageReview in pics of \'Happy Ending\'What is Salman Khan doing at his sister\'s feet?
Fance's pole vault world record holder Renaud Lavillenie and New Zealand's unstoppable sh
Dengue emergency declared in Pakistan's Swat valley Last Updated : 19 Sep 2013 07:08:27 PM IST Dengue deaths rising in Pakistan's Swat valley (File Photo)
A health emergency has been declared in Pakistan's northwestern Swat Valley after the death of 18 people due to dengue.
A report from Peshawar said that more than 5,000 cases were reported in a month.
According to official counts, the mosquito-borne virus has killed 18 people in the valley since August 19. As on September 19, 119 more people were found positive for the disease, Mohammad Wasil, a doctor at Saidu Sharif Hospital, told reporters.
The condition of 32 patients is stated to be critical and they are admitted in the ICU. The total number of affected patients has risen to 5,300.
The health authorities in Swat district of Khyber- Pakthunkhwa province have declared an emergency to cope with the situation in an effective manner.
Wasil said that so far 2,772 patients have been admitted in Saidu Sharif hospital and 2,370 were discharged after treatment.
At the moment, 304 patients are admitted in the hospital, including 12 children and 93 women.
The health authorities in the district have also sought cooperation and assistance of political figures and Ulema to stop the spread of the disease.
The local population and members of the civil society have criticised the district administration and the provincial government for not taking cogent measures to control the disease.
Dengue is spread by mosquitoes that breed in stagnant water and usually bite people during the daytime.
It causes high fever, severe joint and muscle pains and can be fatal.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
After 'Tharki Chokro' and 'Love Is A Waste Of Time', the makers of Aamir Khan starrer 'PK
- FIRST LOOK: Rekha in 'Fitoor'
- Is Katrina upset and did not come in reception
- Why these B-Wood celebs did not attend Arpita Khan's reception
- I love coming to India: Arnold Schwarzenegger
- Aamir and Deepika in Karan Johar film?
- SRK, Salman candid moments at Arpita's wedding reception
- Rajinikanth skips Kochadaiyaan's screening at IFFI
- Why Aamir Khan missed Arpita's wedding reception
A video of young elephant fighting with 14 lions has gone viral on You Tube.
Nokia is not going to give up easily as the company has now come up with a new tablet.