- Adele dresses up as George Michael for her 27th birthdayBrad Pitt, Angelina Jolie selling new Orleans mansionPop sensation Lady Gaga shared pics on Instagram taken with BieberRCB spank Punjab by 138 runsMiss World Zimbabwe troubled over her nude pics scandalWhat role Aishwarya Rai played in Salman's hit and run case?Ranbir Kapoor all set to rock with these upcoming filmsPICS:Have a look at Rihanna’s Met Gala outfitThats how Salman turned \'\'Being Human\'\'Not only Salman there are other Bollywood celebs also who messed with the law
Yuki Bhambri on Monday in New Delhi broke back into the top-200 after 15 months, thanks to
Dengue emergency declared in Pakistan's Swat valley Last Updated : 19 Sep 2013 07:08:27 PM IST Dengue deaths rising in Pakistan's Swat valley (File Photo)
A health emergency has been declared in Pakistan's northwestern Swat Valley after the death of 18 people due to dengue.
A report from Peshawar said that more than 5,000 cases were reported in a month.
According to official counts, the mosquito-borne virus has killed 18 people in the valley since August 19. As on September 19, 119 more people were found positive for the disease, Mohammad Wasil, a doctor at Saidu Sharif Hospital, told reporters.
The condition of 32 patients is stated to be critical and they are admitted in the ICU. The total number of affected patients has risen to 5,300.
The health authorities in Swat district of Khyber- Pakthunkhwa province have declared an emergency to cope with the situation in an effective manner.
Wasil said that so far 2,772 patients have been admitted in Saidu Sharif hospital and 2,370 were discharged after treatment.
At the moment, 304 patients are admitted in the hospital, including 12 children and 93 women.
The health authorities in the district have also sought cooperation and assistance of political figures and Ulema to stop the spread of the disease.
The local population and members of the civil society have criticised the district administration and the provincial government for not taking cogent measures to control the disease.
Dengue is spread by mosquitoes that breed in stagnant water and usually bite people during the daytime.
It causes high fever, severe joint and muscle pains and can be fatal.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Superstar Ranbir Kapoor’s upcoming films “Tamasha” and detective drama “Jagga Jaso
- Adele dresses up as George Michael for her 27th birthday
- Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie selling new Orleans mansion
- Pop sensation Lady Gaga shared pics on Instagram taken with Bieber
- After Salman verdict, singer Abhijeet courts controversy
- What role Aishwarya Rai played in Salman's hit and run case?
- Ranbir Kapoor all set to rock with these upcoming films
- Why Arjun calls Jacqueline Fernandez?
- Meatloaf makes husband fell in love with Scarlett
Just like humans, dolphins form highly complex and dynamic networks of friends, preferring
Professional networking site, LinkedIn said it has crossed 30 million-user mark in India,