- Mahesh Bhatt and his controversies, view picsGujaratis take admissions in Mandarin classesKat raises mercury with sexy pose, view picsShah Rukh Khan rocks Washington\'Nude photos\' of singer Rihanna leaked, view picsKatrina Kaif just escapes an oops momentOMG! Bigg Boss contestants get liquor in juice packetsWhy Katrina, Hrithik will not promote \'Bang Bang\' on \'Bigg Boss\'Ashish Sharma to go on vacation with ArchanaWho is Alia Bhatt giving massage to?
Fourteen times grand slam winner Rafael Nadal has dealt a big blow to organisers of this y
Dengue emergency declared in Pakistan's Swat valley Last Updated : 19 Sep 2013 07:08:27 PM IST Dengue deaths rising in Pakistan's Swat valley (File Photo)
A health emergency has been declared in Pakistan's northwestern Swat Valley after the death of 18 people due to dengue.
A report from Peshawar said that more than 5,000 cases were reported in a month.
According to official counts, the mosquito-borne virus has killed 18 people in the valley since August 19. As on September 19, 119 more people were found positive for the disease, Mohammad Wasil, a doctor at Saidu Sharif Hospital, told reporters.
The condition of 32 patients is stated to be critical and they are admitted in the ICU. The total number of affected patients has risen to 5,300.
The health authorities in Swat district of Khyber- Pakthunkhwa province have declared an emergency to cope with the situation in an effective manner.
Wasil said that so far 2,772 patients have been admitted in Saidu Sharif hospital and 2,370 were discharged after treatment.
At the moment, 304 patients are admitted in the hospital, including 12 children and 93 women.
The health authorities in the district have also sought cooperation and assistance of political figures and Ulema to stop the spread of the disease.
The local population and members of the civil society have criticised the district administration and the provincial government for not taking cogent measures to control the disease.
Dengue is spread by mosquitoes that breed in stagnant water and usually bite people during the daytime.
It causes high fever, severe joint and muscle pains and can be fatal.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Security beefed up at Raj Kundra’s residence after he received extortion call from gangs
- Paul McCartney raps for meat-free Mondays
- Mahesh Bhatt and his controversies, view pics
- Kat raises mercury with sexy pose, view pics
- Shah Rukh Khan rocks Washington
- 'Nude photos' of singer Rihanna leaked, view pics
- Katrina Kaif just escapes an oops moment
- OMG! Bigg Boss contestants get liquor in juice packets
- I've never said I'm single: Priyanka
Generally we see dogs as a cheerful and playful animal. However, they too can be pessimist
Soon you will be able to control your mobile smartphone with your gestures only.