- Review in pics: Super NaniAamir Khan in Bigg Boss 8Shah Rukh promotes 'Happy New Year' in KanpurHrithik Roshan avoids meeting SussanneSonakdhi Sinha and Arjun Kappor are in love!Aishwarya and Deepika pose for a selfieDeepika Padukone now all set to romance Salman KhanWhy Yo Yo Honey Singh will be out of action for two monthsSRK ignored Salman\'s invitation to attend \'Bigg Boss 8\'See Aishwarya Rai\'s teenage pictures
Roger Federer kept up his hopes of finishing the year as world number one when he downed
Savita Halappanavar's death inquiry report leaked Last Updated : 16 Feb 2013 07:03:18 PM IST File photo of Indian dentist Savita Halappanavar.
The report by Ireland's health ministry revealed that doctors caring for the 31-year-old dentist seriously failed to investigate, recognise and treat the infection which led to her death.
Savita died at Galway University Hospital last October 28 after she was admitted to the hospital on October 21 with severe backpain. She was 17-weeks pregnant and was found to be miscarrying.
An autopsy found she had died of Septicaemia.
Savita's death inquiry report leaked; Doctors failed to treat:
The leaked Health Service Executive (HSE) report published by The Independent newspaper "proves" her family's claim that her death was avoidable as she had asked for an abortion several times before she died.
Doctors had said their "hands were tied" due to Ireland's strict anti-abortion laws as they could still detect a foetal heartbeat.
According to the leaked document, extracts of which were reported by the Irish media, the infection which led to Savita's death was not diagnosed for three days and that staff
should have considered performing an abortion even before the patient asked for it.
Other failures included tests showing possible blood infection not being followed up by staff and general lack of clarity as her condition grew progressively worse.
Her husband, Praveen Halappanvar said he was in no "condition to make any statement. The family is shocked about the report being leaked".
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Director Ketan Mehta’s forthcoming period drama based on the 19th century legendary pain
- Akshay Kumar rocks in 'Ishq Kutta Hai'
- Dev Patel to star with Nicole Kidman in 'Lion'
- Shah Rukh Khan's Happy New Year surpasses 200 Crore Mark Worldwide
- Review in pics: Super Nani
- Aamir Khan in Bigg Boss 8
- FIRST LOOK: Amitabh Bachchan in 'Piku'
- Shraddha Kapoor graces Femina cover
- First Look: Prakash Jha’s Rajneeti2 out
It is always a subject of debate whether Unidentified Flying Objects (UFO) does exist or n
Handset maker Lava Friday launched a new series of Iris smartphones under the 'Fuel' brand