- When Salman, Iulia, Katrina were caught under one roofJ&K awaits another spell of rain, snowfallWhen Kangana felt like slapping Sugandha MishraWhat are attractive lips?'The Ghazi Attack': Submerged in mediocrityNeil-Rukmini wedding reception was a starry affairKangana wants to get married!'Rangoon' has my most heroic character: Shahid Kapoor'Running Shaadi': A frothy entertainer'Irada': Good intention poorly executed
The Boxing Federation of India (BFI) on Friday organised the International Boxing Associat
Savita Halappanavar's death inquiry report leaked Last Updated : 16 Feb 2013 07:03:18 PM IST File photo of Indian dentist Savita Halappanavar.
The report by Ireland's health ministry revealed that doctors caring for the 31-year-old dentist seriously failed to investigate, recognise and treat the infection which led to her death.
Savita died at Galway University Hospital last October 28 after she was admitted to the hospital on October 21 with severe backpain. She was 17-weeks pregnant and was found to be miscarrying.
An autopsy found she had died of Septicaemia.
Savita's death inquiry report leaked; Doctors failed to treat:
The leaked Health Service Executive (HSE) report published by The Independent newspaper "proves" her family's claim that her death was avoidable as she had asked for an abortion several times before she died.
Doctors had said their "hands were tied" due to Ireland's strict anti-abortion laws as they could still detect a foetal heartbeat.
According to the leaked document, extracts of which were reported by the Irish media, the infection which led to Savita's death was not diagnosed for three days and that staff
should have considered performing an abortion even before the patient asked for it.
Other failures included tests showing possible blood infection not being followed up by staff and general lack of clarity as her condition grew progressively worse.
Her husband, Praveen Halappanvar said he was in no "condition to make any statement. The family is shocked about the report being leaked".
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Mona Darling is a horror-thriller set in the contemporary, post-cyber world. And the titul
- 'Rangoon': An impressively immersive film
- Wanted to connect with youth through 'Roadies': Harbhajan Singh
- Bhansali truly makes an artiste out of me: Priyanka Chopra
- Rishi Kapoor wants 'Rendezvous With Simi Garewal' back on TV
- Celebs pray for peace, love on Mahashivaratri
- Big B turns down invitation by Queen Elizabeth II
- Deepika denies doing remake of 'Mr & Mrs. Smith'
- This is what Kareena expects from 'Rangoon'
It is not the brain that determines whether a person is a lefty or a righty, but the spina
Emphasising on building a gaming ecosystem in India, printing and personal computer major