- Dhanteras celebrated ahead of DiwaliSunny Leone\'s Pink Lips song crosses 10 million hits on YouTubeImages: Meet Navjot Singh Sidhu\'s glamorous daughter Rabia SidhuBigg Boss: Sonali, Gautam get cozy in bed, view picsAbhishek Bachchan\'s big brother is SRKRange Rover factory in China inauguratedRemedy on Dhanteras to become richRekha's vanity van tantrumsPICS: Celebrate eco-friendly DiwaliAamir, Ekta Kapoor to host Diwali card party
India's chief hockey coach Terry Walsh sprang a surprise by resigning from his post beca
Savita Halappanavar's death inquiry report leaked Last Updated : 16 Feb 2013 07:03:18 PM IST File photo of Indian dentist Savita Halappanavar.
The report by Ireland's health ministry revealed that doctors caring for the 31-year-old dentist seriously failed to investigate, recognise and treat the infection which led to her death.
Savita died at Galway University Hospital last October 28 after she was admitted to the hospital on October 21 with severe backpain. She was 17-weeks pregnant and was found to be miscarrying.
An autopsy found she had died of Septicaemia.
Savita's death inquiry report leaked; Doctors failed to treat:
The leaked Health Service Executive (HSE) report published by The Independent newspaper "proves" her family's claim that her death was avoidable as she had asked for an abortion several times before she died.
Doctors had said their "hands were tied" due to Ireland's strict anti-abortion laws as they could still detect a foetal heartbeat.
According to the leaked document, extracts of which were reported by the Irish media, the infection which led to Savita's death was not diagnosed for three days and that staff
should have considered performing an abortion even before the patient asked for it.
Other failures included tests showing possible blood infection not being followed up by staff and general lack of clarity as her condition grew progressively worse.
Her husband, Praveen Halappanvar said he was in no "condition to make any statement. The family is shocked about the report being leaked".
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Because of her illness, the actress had to call off a promotional appearance for season tw
- Sunny Leone's Pink Lips song crosses 10 million hits on YouTube
- Images: Meet Navjot Singh Sidhu's glamorous daughter Rabia Sidhu
- Toni Garrn enjoys Tennis with Leonardo
- Bigg Boss: Sonali, Gautam get cozy in bed, view pics
- Priyanka gives up Diwali celebrations
- Abhishek Bachchan's big brother is SRK
- When Randeep Hooda, Nandana Sen go nude for Kahe Sataye song from Rang Rasiya: Watch
- Kareena flaunts cleavage at IIFA 2014, view pic
In a spooky mix-up, a woman in the UK was horrified at receiving text messages from her de
Korean handset maker Samsung on Tuesday launched its most expensive device in the country