- Who is hotter, Katrina in 'Bang Bang' or Deepika Padukone in 'Happy New Year'Winning is a habit for Mary KomChicken tikka masala loses charm!MMS of Shah Rukh Khan's son's lookalike going viral?OMG! Kangana spotted with a red mark below her neckRevenge time in Bigg Boss 8Manyata arranges Mata Ki Chowki without Sanjay DuttKhoobsurat actor Fawad Khan will kiss in his next Bollywood movie?Sunny Leone is the Jane of \'Tarzan\'Shah Rukh proves he has real abs, not fake
She has proved she has the punch that even almost 10 year young cannot match. She is Mary
N Korea marks first anniversary of late ruler's death of Kim Jong Il Last Updated : 16 Dec 2012 10:05:17 AM IST N Korea marks first anniversary of late ruler's death of Kim Jong Il
North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un led thousands of officials in a triumphant memorial service for his late father and ex-ruler Kim Jong-Il, days after the success of its long-range rocket launch.
North Korea held a huge rally Friday in the center of its capital, Pyongyang, to celebrate the launch of a long-range rocket this week that put a satellite in orbit and provoked international condemnation.
International communitty condemned the rocket launch as a covert test of long-range ballistic missile technology in violation of U.N. Security Council resolutions .The launch appeared to have bolstered leader Kim Jong Un's image as a leader , but it could bring further sanctions from the United Nations or individual countries that will make it even harder for Pyongyang to improve its economy.
The service followed a mass rally two days earlier that also lauded the launch of the three-stage rocket, a move which was condemned by the UN Security Council and seen by many countries as a disguised ballistic missile test.
Kim Jong-Il, who ruled the communist state for nearly two decades, died of heart attack on December 17 in 2011.His youngest son, Jong-Un, immediately took over in the third-generation power transfer of the Kim dynasty which ruled the isolated country for more than six decades with an iron fist and pervasive personality cult.
Jong-Un, stone-faced and clad in black Mao suit, was seen today sitting at the stage along with dozens of other top officials against a giant red flag in the background featuring a large portrait of smiling Kim Jong-Il.
"The heart of the great leader stopped beating but the comrade Kim Jong-Il lives with us forever...to give blessing for the bright future of our people," the ceremonial head of state Kim Yong-Nam said in a speech.
"The successful launch of our Kwangmyongsong-2 satellite is also another victory achieved by our military and people,by faithfully following the teachings of the great leader (Kim Jong-Il)," he said.
The impoverished but nuclear-armed North staged the widely-condemned rocket in an apparent bid to mark the anniversary and to drum up more support for the young and inexperienced leader Jong-Un.The North said the apparently successful launch -- its
second after its much-heralded but botched mission in April -- was a scientific project to put its weather satellite into the orbit.
But the United States and allies South Korea and Japan view it as a disguised long-range missile test banned under UN resolutions triggered by its past nuclear tests in 2006 and 2009.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actress Keira Knightley says she she enjoys her life to the fullest, so does not bother ab
- Who is hotter, Katrina in 'Bang Bang' or Deepika Padukone in 'Happy New Year'
- Vishal Bhardwaj wants to work with Shweta Basu
- MMS of Shah Rukh Khan's son's lookalike going viral?
- OMG! SRK’s son Aryan’s lookalike's MMS goes viral on WhatsApp
- OMG! Kangana spotted with a red mark below her neck
- This is what Katrina said about Kareena Kapoor
- Revenge time in Bigg Boss 8
- Manyata arranges Mata Ki Chowki without Sanjay Dutt
A class 12th student, identified as Maqsood, was mauled by a white tiger at Delhi Zoo on T
BlackBerry on Monday launched its new smartphone BalckBerry Passport for Rs 49, 990 in Ind