- Revealed: Why Abhishek-Karishma's engagement was brokenOMG! How beautiful is Shruti looking in the first look of 'Gabbar is Back'Jhanvi, Aryan debuting together?Revealed! New photos of Shahid's fiancee Mira RajputBollywood beauties at award functionList of controversies surrounding Salman KhanAnushka brings stability in my life: Virat Kohli43 dinosaur egg fossils unearthed in ChinaSee Salman, Vidya, Malaika, Ranvir, Sussane, Alia in a drunken stateVarun Dhawan night out with Natasha Dalal
Former Pakistan skipper Muhammad Yousuf has blamed the National Cricket Board and the team
N Korea marks first anniversary of late ruler's death of Kim Jong Il Last Updated : 16 Dec 2012 10:05:17 AM IST N Korea marks first anniversary of late ruler's death of Kim Jong Il
North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un led thousands of officials in a triumphant memorial service for his late father and ex-ruler Kim Jong-Il, days after the success of its long-range rocket launch.
North Korea held a huge rally Friday in the center of its capital, Pyongyang, to celebrate the launch of a long-range rocket this week that put a satellite in orbit and provoked international condemnation.
International communitty condemned the rocket launch as a covert test of long-range ballistic missile technology in violation of U.N. Security Council resolutions .The launch appeared to have bolstered leader Kim Jong Un's image as a leader , but it could bring further sanctions from the United Nations or individual countries that will make it even harder for Pyongyang to improve its economy.
The service followed a mass rally two days earlier that also lauded the launch of the three-stage rocket, a move which was condemned by the UN Security Council and seen by many countries as a disguised ballistic missile test.
Kim Jong-Il, who ruled the communist state for nearly two decades, died of heart attack on December 17 in 2011.His youngest son, Jong-Un, immediately took over in the third-generation power transfer of the Kim dynasty which ruled the isolated country for more than six decades with an iron fist and pervasive personality cult.
Jong-Un, stone-faced and clad in black Mao suit, was seen today sitting at the stage along with dozens of other top officials against a giant red flag in the background featuring a large portrait of smiling Kim Jong-Il.
"The heart of the great leader stopped beating but the comrade Kim Jong-Il lives with us forever...to give blessing for the bright future of our people," the ceremonial head of state Kim Yong-Nam said in a speech.
"The successful launch of our Kwangmyongsong-2 satellite is also another victory achieved by our military and people,by faithfully following the teachings of the great leader (Kim Jong-Il)," he said.
The impoverished but nuclear-armed North staged the widely-condemned rocket in an apparent bid to mark the anniversary and to drum up more support for the young and inexperienced leader Jong-Un.The North said the apparently successful launch -- its
second after its much-heralded but botched mission in April -- was a scientific project to put its weather satellite into the orbit.
But the United States and allies South Korea and Japan view it as a disguised long-range missile test banned under UN resolutions triggered by its past nuclear tests in 2006 and 2009.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Karishma Kapoor was engaged to Abhishek Bachchan, but this did not culiminate into a marri
- OMG! How beautiful is Shruti looking in the first look of ''Gabbar is Back''
- Jhanvi, Aryan debuting together?
- Revealed! New photos of Shahid's fiancee Mira Rajput
- Shakti Kapoor mobbed by girls
- Bollywood beauties at award function
- List of controversies surrounding Salman Khan
- See Salman, Vidya, Malaika, Ranvir, Sussane, Alia in a drunken state
- Varun Dhawan night out with Natasha Dalal
A total of 43 dinosaur egg fossils has been found at a construction site in south China's
Running out of battery? Yell at your phone to charge it!