- Pics: B-Town celebrates P.V. Sindhu's Olympic win'Happy Bhag Jayegi': A light-hearted, feel-good filmCelebrities hail Sakshi Malik's Olympic winPink is not a film about rape, says Amitabh BachchanOn Rakhi, TV actors recount memories with 'partners in crime'B-Town celebs wish Navroz Mubarak to ParsisBritish-era bunker unearthed in Raj BhavanLeaked: Sex Scenes from award winning film 'Parched'Entertainment Being an actress, I can be anybody: Priyanka ChopraCheck out Salman's 'Tubelight' first look
Montreal Canadiens forward Tomas Plekanec has been chosen captain of the Czech Republic’
2Day FM DJs Michael,Mel Greig 'shattered over the tragic end to Royal Prank Call Last Updated : 11 Dec 2012 12:57:49 PM IST 2Day FM DJs Michael,Mel Greig 'shattered over the tragic end to Royal Prank Call
2DAY FM duo Mel Greig and Michael Christian say they are "shattered, gutted, (and) heartbroken" over the tragic end to their prank call controversy. The radio company has also cancelled its annual Christmas party for staffers after the backlash.
The two hosts have also been taken off air until further notice. The two hosts made a tearful appearance yesterday and said they were "shattered, gutted, heartbroken" over the death of the 46-year-old nurse who was caught up in what was supposed to be a joke.
"Yes, we have cancelled the Sydney staff Christmas party due to respect for the current circumstances and all costs that were to be incurred we are donating to Beyond Blue and Lifeline," said a spokeswoman for theradio network
An Australian radio network whose prank call to a hospital treating Kate Middleton led to the death of an Indian-origin nurse today insisted that it did not break any laws, as it came under pressure to explain who cleared the call.
Southern Cross Austereo which aired the controversial prank call conducted by 2Day FM DJs with two London nurses has been criticised by the London hospital for failing to check with it before the hoax was broadcast.
According to AAP, Austereo said the network had tried to reach the hospital to discuss the matter but to no avail."Company protocols were adhered to," he said. 2Day FM hosts Mel Greig and Michael Christian obtained private details of Kate's acute morning sickness by pretending to be the Queen and William's father Prince Charles.
The news agency quoted a hospital spokesman who claimed that following the hoax call, the station did not talk to anyone in the hospital senior management or anyone at the company that handles the media inquiries.
However, Austereo said "several attempts" were made by the production team to discuss the segment with the hospital,but in vain.
"The segment was referred to an internal review process which included internal legal review and authorisation was granted to broadcast. The company does not consider that the broadcast of the segment has breached any relevant law,regulation or code.
"The company will fully cooperate with any investigations," it said.
Following global condemnation after the death of nurse Jacintha Saldanah, Austereo has suspended all advertising on 2Day FM, suspended prank calls and is reportedly reviewing company polices and processes.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actor Sumit Kaul will be adding a funny twist to "Bahu Humari Rajni_Kant" with his entry.
- Rumours are baseless: Bhansali's spokesperson on Deepika's remuneration
- Irrfan honoured with Entertainer of The Year award
- Won't return to direction until I introduce 10 directors: Sasikumar
- Treat to work on dance numbers: Jacqueline
- Pakistanis, Indians respect each other: Om Puri
- Was looking for substantial role after 'Commando': Pooja Chopra
- Sohail Khan a damn cool director: Nawazuddin
- Reality TV is a big platform: Prince Narula
Believe it or not, dogs have the ability to distinguish words and the intonation of human
Domestic mobile manufacturer Videocon smartphone on Tuesday announced its association with