- Can't tolerate bullying: Kangana RanautAbRam gets magic in SRK's lifeUnknown facts about Shahid KapoorPriyanka Chopra to attend 2017 OscarsSelect right jewellery for wedding functionsPlastic surgery goes wrong for Ayesha TakiaMy scenes in 'Rangoon' were cut: Kangana RanautA fasting diet may help to reverse diabetes'Rangoon': An impressively immersive filmMahashivaratri Wallpapers and Facebook images
Sanjeev Rajput finished fifth in the mens 50m Rifle 3 Positions event on a disappointing d
2Day FM DJs Michael,Mel Greig 'shattered over the tragic end to Royal Prank Call Last Updated : 11 Dec 2012 12:57:49 PM IST 2Day FM DJs Michael,Mel Greig 'shattered over the tragic end to Royal Prank Call
2DAY FM duo Mel Greig and Michael Christian say they are "shattered, gutted, (and) heartbroken" over the tragic end to their prank call controversy. The radio company has also cancelled its annual Christmas party for staffers after the backlash.
The two hosts have also been taken off air until further notice. The two hosts made a tearful appearance yesterday and said they were "shattered, gutted, heartbroken" over the death of the 46-year-old nurse who was caught up in what was supposed to be a joke.
"Yes, we have cancelled the Sydney staff Christmas party due to respect for the current circumstances and all costs that were to be incurred we are donating to Beyond Blue and Lifeline," said a spokeswoman for theradio network
An Australian radio network whose prank call to a hospital treating Kate Middleton led to the death of an Indian-origin nurse today insisted that it did not break any laws, as it came under pressure to explain who cleared the call.
Southern Cross Austereo which aired the controversial prank call conducted by 2Day FM DJs with two London nurses has been criticised by the London hospital for failing to check with it before the hoax was broadcast.
According to AAP, Austereo said the network had tried to reach the hospital to discuss the matter but to no avail."Company protocols were adhered to," he said. 2Day FM hosts Mel Greig and Michael Christian obtained private details of Kate's acute morning sickness by pretending to be the Queen and William's father Prince Charles.
The news agency quoted a hospital spokesman who claimed that following the hoax call, the station did not talk to anyone in the hospital senior management or anyone at the company that handles the media inquiries.
However, Austereo said "several attempts" were made by the production team to discuss the segment with the hospital,but in vain.
"The segment was referred to an internal review process which included internal legal review and authorisation was granted to broadcast. The company does not consider that the broadcast of the segment has breached any relevant law,regulation or code.
"The company will fully cooperate with any investigations," it said.
Following global condemnation after the death of nurse Jacintha Saldanah, Austereo has suspended all advertising on 2Day FM, suspended prank calls and is reportedly reviewing company polices and processes.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Kangana credits her success and failures to her growth in Bollywood. "Every single day has
- Fire at warehouse, film city in Bengal, no injuries
- Pics; AbRam gets magic in SRK's life
- No one should instruct adults what to watch: Motwane
- Very rewarding: Taapsee on watching 'Pink' with President
- Kabir Khan slams CBFC for refusing certificate to 'Lipstick...'
- Unknown facts about Shahid Kapoor
- Priyanka Chopra to attend 2017 Oscars
- Big B, Taapsee to watch 'Pink' with President
If you are living in a neighbourhood surrounded by trees and shrubs, with birds chirping
Number of Facebook users across the globe were locked out of their accounts due to an erro