- What a comeback Aishwarya!Aditi Rao Hydri goes toplessSridevi's daughter Khushi kisses Jack GilinskyJab Kareena met Mira and Shahid met SaifParineeti gets in a new skinWhy was Kareena-Arjun intimate scenes deleted?Who will win 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded'?Katrina-Arjun\'s \'Fitoor\' wraps shootingWhen Kapil was pushed out of Aishwarya\'s vanity vanPriyanka to return to India for \'Bajirao\' shoot next week
The Indian hockey team had a disappointing start to their four-Test series as they suffere
2Day FM DJs Michael,Mel Greig 'shattered over the tragic end to Royal Prank Call Last Updated : 11 Dec 2012 12:57:49 PM IST 2Day FM DJs Michael,Mel Greig 'shattered over the tragic end to Royal Prank Call
2DAY FM duo Mel Greig and Michael Christian say they are "shattered, gutted, (and) heartbroken" over the tragic end to their prank call controversy. The radio company has also cancelled its annual Christmas party for staffers after the backlash.
The two hosts have also been taken off air until further notice. The two hosts made a tearful appearance yesterday and said they were "shattered, gutted, heartbroken" over the death of the 46-year-old nurse who was caught up in what was supposed to be a joke.
"Yes, we have cancelled the Sydney staff Christmas party due to respect for the current circumstances and all costs that were to be incurred we are donating to Beyond Blue and Lifeline," said a spokeswoman for theradio network
An Australian radio network whose prank call to a hospital treating Kate Middleton led to the death of an Indian-origin nurse today insisted that it did not break any laws, as it came under pressure to explain who cleared the call.
Southern Cross Austereo which aired the controversial prank call conducted by 2Day FM DJs with two London nurses has been criticised by the London hospital for failing to check with it before the hoax was broadcast.
According to AAP, Austereo said the network had tried to reach the hospital to discuss the matter but to no avail."Company protocols were adhered to," he said. 2Day FM hosts Mel Greig and Michael Christian obtained private details of Kate's acute morning sickness by pretending to be the Queen and William's father Prince Charles.
The news agency quoted a hospital spokesman who claimed that following the hoax call, the station did not talk to anyone in the hospital senior management or anyone at the company that handles the media inquiries.
However, Austereo said "several attempts" were made by the production team to discuss the segment with the hospital,but in vain.
"The segment was referred to an internal review process which included internal legal review and authorisation was granted to broadcast. The company does not consider that the broadcast of the segment has breached any relevant law,regulation or code.
"The company will fully cooperate with any investigations," it said.
Following global condemnation after the death of nurse Jacintha Saldanah, Austereo has suspended all advertising on 2Day FM, suspended prank calls and is reportedly reviewing company polices and processes.
Source:PTI, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
All fans of Aishwarya Rai will have ample of Aishwarya on screen in the coming years, read
- Aditi Rao Hydri goes topless
- Surveen Chawla not to enter 'Bigg Boss 9'
- Sridevi's daughter Khushi kisses Jack Gilinsky
- Jab Kareena met Mira and Shahid met Saif
- 'Guddi Ki Gun' trailer released: Watch now
- BO clash of "Dilwale", "Bajirao Mastani" unfortunate: Priyanka
- Aishwarya doesn't like to be tagged as glamorous
- When Deepika and Ranveer shared a cute kiss
A dog in the US had to be rescued after it accidentally knocked its owner's idling truck i