- Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie's wedding images reveal special gown designStory of Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's next movie Jazbaa revealedModi's music-magic lures allHot pics from Sonam Kapoor\'s latest Vogue photoshootSridevi\'s \'English Vinglish\' mints $1 million in JapanAlia-Shahid start shooting for ShaandarB-Wood leggy divasSussane Khan brought Ganapati alone in her new homeShekhar Kapoor’s ‘Paani’ girl Ayesha Kapur is a hot girlWhy is Katrina praising ex boyfriend Salman so much
Novak Djokovic didn't let Philipp Kohlschreiber stand in the way of another Grand Slam qu
2Day FM DJs Michael,Mel Greig 'shattered over the tragic end to Royal Prank Call Last Updated : 11 Dec 2012 12:57:49 PM IST 2Day FM DJs Michael,Mel Greig 'shattered over the tragic end to Royal Prank Call
2DAY FM duo Mel Greig and Michael Christian say they are "shattered, gutted, (and) heartbroken" over the tragic end to their prank call controversy. The radio company has also cancelled its annual Christmas party for staffers after the backlash.
The two hosts have also been taken off air until further notice. The two hosts made a tearful appearance yesterday and said they were "shattered, gutted, heartbroken" over the death of the 46-year-old nurse who was caught up in what was supposed to be a joke.
"Yes, we have cancelled the Sydney staff Christmas party due to respect for the current circumstances and all costs that were to be incurred we are donating to Beyond Blue and Lifeline," said a spokeswoman for theradio network
An Australian radio network whose prank call to a hospital treating Kate Middleton led to the death of an Indian-origin nurse today insisted that it did not break any laws, as it came under pressure to explain who cleared the call.
Southern Cross Austereo which aired the controversial prank call conducted by 2Day FM DJs with two London nurses has been criticised by the London hospital for failing to check with it before the hoax was broadcast.
According to AAP, Austereo said the network had tried to reach the hospital to discuss the matter but to no avail."Company protocols were adhered to," he said. 2Day FM hosts Mel Greig and Michael Christian obtained private details of Kate's acute morning sickness by pretending to be the Queen and William's father Prince Charles.
The news agency quoted a hospital spokesman who claimed that following the hoax call, the station did not talk to anyone in the hospital senior management or anyone at the company that handles the media inquiries.
However, Austereo said "several attempts" were made by the production team to discuss the segment with the hospital,but in vain.
"The segment was referred to an internal review process which included internal legal review and authorisation was granted to broadcast. The company does not consider that the broadcast of the segment has breached any relevant law,regulation or code.
"The company will fully cooperate with any investigations," it said.
Following global condemnation after the death of nurse Jacintha Saldanah, Austereo has suspended all advertising on 2Day FM, suspended prank calls and is reportedly reviewing company polices and processes.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Check out the much-awaited first song from the film Happy New Year Indiawaale.
- Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie's wedding images reveal special gown design
- Story of Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's next movie Jazbaa revealed
- Hot pics from Sonam Kapoor's latest Vogue photoshoot
- Sridevi's 'English Vinglish' mints $1 million in Japan
- Alia-Shahid start shooting for Shaandar
- B-Wood leggy divas
- Sussane Khan brought Ganapati alone in her new home
- When public watched porn film instead of Desi Kattey songs
Claudio Vieira de Oliveira was born with his neck folded back. Read about his inspirationa
With rumors of an imminent launch early next month, let's show you how the iPhone 6 will l