- A R Rahman ventures into script-writing, film productionWatch 10 hottest moves of MonicaSushant Singh turns Detective Byomkesh BakshyWhy Dum Laga Ke Haisha is a must-watch movieFan Commits Suicide For Selena GomezAnushka turns vegetarian for Virat?PM Modi, Sonia and Bachchans attend Mulayam-Lalu family weddingAmitabh Bachchan, Ambanies pay homage to KothariScarlett facing legal issues for Pop BandLady Gaga to marry at her Malibu mansion?
Table Tennis giants China have made a few changes in their squad for the Asian Cup.
Gaza Attack:Israeli strike hits pro-Hamas media building Last Updated : 18 Nov 2012 09:51:15 AM IST Gaza Attack:Israeli strike hits pro-Hamas media building
The Gaza office of a pro-Hamas media building was bombarded by Israeli forces on Sunday, injuring at least six journalists,as a separate raid in northern Gaza killed two people.
Israeli strike hits Gaza media building, several hurt
"At least six journalists were wounded, with minor and moderate injuries, when Israeli warplanes hit the al-Quds TV office in the Showa and Housari building in the Rimal neighbourhood of Gaza City," health ministry spokesman Ashraf al-Qudra said.
Witnesses reported extensive damage to the building, and said journalists in the building had evacuated after an initial strike, which was followed by at least two more on thesite.
In the northern strip, Israeli war planes carried out two separate raids on houses that killed two and injured 10 others, Qudra said.
"Two young citizens were killed and at least ten others wounded in two separate raids on houses in Beit Lahiya and Beit Hanun," he said.
The bloodshed raised to 42 the number of Palestinians killed in just over 72 hours of Israeli air strikes, while 393 were wounded, Gaza's emergency services said.
Over the same period, three Israelis have been killed by rockets and another 18 injured, 10 of them soldiers, police and the army said. Earlier attacks on Rafah killed five people -- an ambulance worker called Awad Nahal and four Hamas militants.
One of the militants was named as Mukhlis Adwan, but the identities of the other three were not immediately available. Another three people -- all Hamas members -- were killed in a strike on Maghazi refugee camp in central Gaza, with security sources naming them as Ali Manameh, Hossam Abdel Jawad and Assaf Gharwish.
Palestinian medics said another man, an Islamic Jihad militant wounded in a strike on Zeitun in Gaza City earlier in the day, died of his injuries. They named him as Mohammed Yassin, 24. Meanwhile in Israel, nine people were injured by rocket fire today. Four were soldiers who sustained light injuries,the army said, with military sources saying they were "inside a building" at the time.
The military said the incident occurred in the Eshkol regional council area, and Hamas militants claimed the attack,saying they had fired five mortar rounds at a "position" in Reim some eight kilometres from central Gaza.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Shahrukh Khan is enjoying shooting for Maneesh Sharma's "Fan" as the director, who has liv
- OMG! Anushka rejects Salman Khan
- A R Rahman ventures into script-writing, film production
- Watch 10 hottest moves of Monica
- Sushant Singh turns Detective Byomkesh Bakshy
- Why Dum Laga Ke Haisha is a must-watch movie
- Fan Commits Suicide For Selena Gomez
- Anushka turns vegetarian for Virat?
- Amitabh Bachchan, Ambanies pay homage to Kothari
Miss P became America's top dog by winning best in show at the Westminster Kennel Club.
Google is releasing a set of tools designed for businesses and employees who want to get w