- SRK ignored Salman\'s invitation to attend \'Bigg Boss 8\'See Aishwarya Rai\'s teenage picturesHrithik Roshan avoids meeting Suzanne Khan7 films releasing this week, which is your pick?PICS of Chhath festivalSee Big B with a broomMannara\'s hot lovemaking scenes in Zid, view picsActress Sana Khan arrestedHarman Baweja cheats on Bipasha Basu with a foreign modelSRK turns pink after kisses on both cheeks!
Roger Federer kept up his hopes of finishing the year as world number one when he downed
72 tonnes of food aid for quake-struck Guatemala Last Updated : 18 Nov 2012 09:51:43 AM IST 72 tonnes of food aid for quake-struck Guatemala
The World Food Program has begun distributing some 72 tons of emergency food aid to help victims of last week's powerful earthquake, officials at the international agency said.
"We are working diligently to continue giving an immediate response to the needs of people in need of shelter," Anne Valand, an official with the United Nations-run group, said in a statement yesterday.
The WFP said the food aimed to help the Central American country's 13,000 quake victims, many of whose homes were damaged and live disrupted by the November 7 quake off the coast of western Guatemala.
Forty-four people died in the 7.4 magnitude quake, making it the country's most violent seismic event since 1976 whenalmost 23,000 people perished in an earthquake. The same area was hit by a 6.2-magnitude aftershock three days later.
The food aid included corn, beans, cooking oil and enriched flour, said the WFP, which said the staples were meant to tide over needy families for about 10 days.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Director Ketan Mehta’s forthcoming period drama based on the 19th century legendary pain
- Akshay Kumar rocks in 'Ishq Kutta Hai'
- Dev Patel to star with Nicole Kidman in 'Lion'
- Shah Rukh Khan's Happy New Year surpasses 200 Crore Mark Worldwide
- Review in pics: Super Nani
- Aamir Khan in Bigg Boss 8
- FIRST LOOK: Amitabh Bachchan in 'Piku'
- Shraddha Kapoor graces Femina cover
- First Look: Prakash Jha’s Rajneeti2 out
It is always a subject of debate whether Unidentified Flying Objects (UFO) does exist or n
Handset maker Lava Friday launched a new series of Iris smartphones under the 'Fuel' brand