- HC relief for Deepika PadukoneRape accused lynched in DimapurWatch Sunny Leone, Poonam celebrating HoliPICS:Why Sofia wants to see Hrithik Roshan naked?World\'s most complete Stegosaurus dinosaurBollywood\'s Bold BabesSonam Kapoor thanks fans for get well soon wishesHoli celebration across IndiaWatch Alia Bhatt\'s second homeNow Dilip Shanghvi is the richest Indian
Jeev Milkha Singh's erratic driving saw him struggle in the opening round of the Africa Op
72 tonnes of food aid for quake-struck Guatemala Last Updated : 18 Nov 2012 09:51:43 AM IST 72 tonnes of food aid for quake-struck Guatemala
The World Food Program has begun distributing some 72 tons of emergency food aid to help victims of last week's powerful earthquake, officials at the international agency said.
"We are working diligently to continue giving an immediate response to the needs of people in need of shelter," Anne Valand, an official with the United Nations-run group, said in a statement yesterday.
The WFP said the food aimed to help the Central American country's 13,000 quake victims, many of whose homes were damaged and live disrupted by the November 7 quake off the coast of western Guatemala.
Forty-four people died in the 7.4 magnitude quake, making it the country's most violent seismic event since 1976 whenalmost 23,000 people perished in an earthquake. The same area was hit by a 6.2-magnitude aftershock three days later.
The food aid included corn, beans, cooking oil and enriched flour, said the WFP, which said the staples were meant to tide over needy families for about 10 days.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
In an interim order, the Bombay High Court has restrained the city police from arresting o
- Listen romantic Holi songs
- Watch Sunny Leone, Poonam celebrating Holi
- PICS:Why Sofia wants to see Hrithik Roshan naked?
- Bollywood's Bold Babes
- Sonam Kapoor thanks fans for get well soon wishes
- Konkona plays pivotal role in film on Aarushi murder case
- Justin Bieber poses shirtless for magazine
- Watch Alia Bhatt's second home
The world's most complete specimen of a Stegosaurus dinosaur dating back to 150 million ye
Motorola will bring the second generation of its affordable smartphone 'Moto E' to India o