- PICS : RCB humiliate Mumbai IndiansBollywood actors and their bikesPICS : Hot Scenes from 2 StatesPICS: Obesity aggravates bone lossHottest moments of TV serials, view picsPICS : Why we love CircuitPoonam Dhillon to don the director\'s hatHappy Birthday to a Business TycoonPICS : WAGs of IPL 7 cricketersPadmanabha Temple wealth being replaced?
Lewis Hamilton convincingly snared pole position for the Chinese Grand Prix as he put hi
72 tonnes of food aid for quake-struck Guatemala Last Updated : 18 Nov 2012 09:51:43 AM IST 72 tonnes of food aid for quake-struck Guatemala
The World Food Program has begun distributing some 72 tons of emergency food aid to help victims of last week's powerful earthquake, officials at the international agency said.
"We are working diligently to continue giving an immediate response to the needs of people in need of shelter," Anne Valand, an official with the United Nations-run group, said in a statement yesterday.
The WFP said the food aimed to help the Central American country's 13,000 quake victims, many of whose homes were damaged and live disrupted by the November 7 quake off the coast of western Guatemala.
Forty-four people died in the 7.4 magnitude quake, making it the country's most violent seismic event since 1976 whenalmost 23,000 people perished in an earthquake. The same area was hit by a 6.2-magnitude aftershock three days later.
The food aid included corn, beans, cooking oil and enriched flour, said the WFP, which said the staples were meant to tide over needy families for about 10 days.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood rumoured lovers Alia Bhatt and Arjun Kapoor, who recently hit theatres with '2 S
- When Alia Bhatt lost weight for SOTY
- Hot actress Ameesha Patel molested
- Bollywood actresses who like selfies
- Bollywood actors and their bikes
- Priyanka Chopra exhausted after completing Mary Kom Biopic
- PICS : Hot Scenes from 2 States
- Hottest moments of TV serials, view pics
- PICS : Why we love Circuit
The new craze sweeping around the globe is naked yoga in the latest of fitness trends this
Taiwanese technology firm Asus has launched dual SIM tablet Fonepad 7 in India.