- Arpita, Ayush on 'Bigg Boss 8' setsIs Katrina upset and did not come in receptionWhy these B-Wood celebs did not attend Arpita Khan\'s receptionAamir and Deepika in Karan Johar film?SRK, Salman candid moments at Arpita's wedding receptionSRK dances on 'Chaiyya Chaiyya' with Salman at Arpita's receptionCondoms, pregnancy test kit, rifles found in Rampal's AashramPoonam Pandey to endorse breast creamAamir, SRK and Salman together at same stageReview in pics of \'Happy Ending\'
Fance's pole vault world record holder Renaud Lavillenie and New Zealand's unstoppable sh
IAEA says Iran's nuclear programme not peaceful ,increased uranium enrichment at Fordo Last Updated : 17 Nov 2012 08:41:11 AM IST IAEA says Iran's nuclear programme not peaceful ,increased uranium enrichment at Fordo (file photo)
The UN nuclear agency IAEA said Iranian nuclear prgramme is not peaceful as it has completed work on an underground factory at its Fordo site for making enriched uranium, if further treated, could be used for making nuclear bomb.
The report by the International Atomic Energy Agency also pointed to the sharp rise in Iran’s stockpile of a more purified form of enriched uranium that experts say can be converted relatively easily into fissile material for nuclear weapons.
A report was about Iran’s Fordow uranium-enrichment plant near Qom, about 100 miles southwest of Tehran.
The report comes at a time when the meeting of the IAEA’s 35-nation board of governors is slated to be soon .“Iran is not providing the necessary cooperation,” the nuclear watchdog said in its reportWithout further cooperation, it said, the agency “is unable to provide credible assurance . . . to conclude that all nuclear material in Iran is in peaceful activities.”
The UN nuclear agency said it remained "unable" to say all Iranian activities were peaceful and that Tehran had completed installation at its Fordo site,allowing it to significantly ramp up production.
The IAEA reiterated in a new regular report that it was "unable... to conclude that all nuclear material in Iran is in peaceful activities."
Fordo, which Iran only revealed the existence of to the IAEA in 2009, began operation in 2011, enriching uranium to 20-per cent purities -- close to the level needed for the fissile core of a nuclear weapon.
The IAEA said today that 2,784 centrifuges were now installed at the facility near the holy city of Qom, but there was no increase in the number operating.?
But four new cascades of 174 centrifuges each "having been subjected to vacuum testing, were ready for feeding" with uranium gas, it said.
Once these four new cascades are in operation, monthly production of 20 per cent enriched uranium will be around 25 kilos per month, compared to 15 kilos at present, a senior official said on condition of anonymity.
The report also said that because of "activities" spotted at Iran's military base at Parchin means that the IAEA's "ability to conduct effective verification will have been seriously undermined." Western nations accuse Iran of removing evidence of past
nuclear weapons research activities at the base. Alleged evidence of this was outlined in a major IAEA report a year ago.
Iran denies working or ever having worked on a nuclear weapon and says all its atomic activities are peaceful.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
The 'Weekend Ka Vaar' with Salman Khan saw her sister Arpita Khan on the sets of the reali
- Anushka, Sushant look refreshing in 'Chaar Kadam'
- FIRST LOOK: Rekha in 'Fitoor'
- Is Katrina upset and did not come in reception
- Why these B-Wood celebs did not attend Arpita Khan's reception
- I love coming to India: Arnold Schwarzenegger
- Aamir and Deepika in Karan Johar film?
- SRK, Salman candid moments at Arpita's wedding reception
- Rajinikanth skips Kochadaiyaan's screening at IFFI
A video of young elephant fighting with 14 lions has gone viral on You Tube.
Nokia is not going to give up easily as the company has now come up with a new tablet.