- Pics: B-Town celebrates P.V. Sindhu's Olympic win'Happy Bhag Jayegi': A light-hearted, feel-good filmCelebrities hail Sakshi Malik's Olympic winPink is not a film about rape, says Amitabh BachchanOn Rakhi, TV actors recount memories with 'partners in crime'B-Town celebs wish Navroz Mubarak to ParsisBritish-era bunker unearthed in Raj BhavanLeaked: Sex Scenes from award winning film 'Parched'Entertainment Being an actress, I can be anybody: Priyanka ChopraCheck out Salman's 'Tubelight' first look
Indian marathon runner O.P. Jaisha said she fainted at the Rio Olympics on a hot, humid da
6.8 magnitude quake jolts Russia's Kuril islands Last Updated : 17 Nov 2012 08:32:59 AM IST 6.8 magnitude quake jolts Russia's Kuril islands
A 6.8 magnitude earthquake struck on Friday near the Kuril Islands, in the Pacific off Russia's far east, the US Geological Survey reported.
The US agency said the quake's epicenter was 161 kilometers south west of Severo-Kuril'sk, Russia. Kuril Islands is a remote archipelago between Russia's Far East and Japan.
Earthquakes of this much magnitude are considered major and can cause significant damage, especially with poorly built structures. Even well designed buildings can be damaged or, in some cases, destroyed depending on the severity of the quake and a building’s proximity to the epicenter.
Further details are awaited.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
With an aim to serve entertainment beyond mainstream Hollywood movies, a new English movie
- Kareena to be showstopper at LFW finale
- Biopic should be made on P.T Usha: Sonam
- Rustom Girl Ileana D'Cruz's monsoon skin ritual
- First Look: Shah Rukh shooting for The Ring
- 'Half Girlfriend' team finishes Cape Town schedule
- Priyanka teams with Jodie Foster to reinvent song
- Aryan Khan flaunts abs at college party
- Won't camouflage baby bump on screen: Kareena
The world's largest natural pearl will be put on display in the Philippines soon, after th
Tech giant Microsoft has acquired artificial intelligence (AI)-based scheduling service Ge