- How to spend more time, less money during vacations!'Jack Reacher...': Tom Cruise's finest film in yearsIs it safe to eat chicken amidst this bird flu rumors?Arijit Singh re-dubs for song in 'Tum Bin 2'Movie Review: '31 October': Opens up wounds that never healedVarun Gandhi is a happily married man5 reasons why Shivaay will beat ADHMDiva's Karwa Chauth 2016Indian cricketers visit territorial army camp'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' experience recreated for fans
Legendary footballers Pele, Diego Maradona and Franz Beckenbauer led the tributes for Braz
Two women among China's Political Bureau members Last Updated : 15 Nov 2012 11:51:45 AM IST Two women among China's Political Bureau members
Two women, Liu Yandong and Sun Chunlan, are among the Political Bureau members of the 18th Communist Party of China (CPC) Central Committee,which hitherto remained an exclusive domain of male leaders.
The other members are Xi Jinping, Ma Kai, Wang Qishan, Wang Huning, Liu Yunshan, Liu Qibao, Xu Qiliang, Sun Zhengcai, Li Keqiang, Li Jianguo, Li Yuanchao, Wang Yang, Zhang Chunxian, Zhang Gaoli, Zhang Dejiang, Fan Changlong, Meng Jianzhu, Zhao Leji, Hu Chunhua, Yu Zhengsheng, Li Zhanshu, Guo Jinlong and Han Zheng.
They were elected at the first plenary session of the 18th CPC Central Committee on Thursday.
Liu 67, a well connected princeling and outgoing Politburo member in charge of health, education, science and sports and previously part of a policy body in-charge of Tibet was selected for all powerful nine-member Standing Committee .
While announcing the names of some top leaders who got "elected" to the Central Committee at the just concluded 18th Communist Party Congress, state-run Xinhua news agency also flashed her name prominently, sparking expectations that
she could be first woman leader to make it to China's highest policy making body.
The Congress concluded its week-long session today and the nmain leaders would be announced tomorrow.Liu is the only woman in China's 25-member strongpolitburo, many party watchers say that she has a good chance to get into the exclusive leadership club to create history.
Born in Jiangsu, Liu whose father was a vice-minister of agriculture in the past was said to have been initiated into party by former president Jiang Zemin's foster father.
She is the wife of Yang Yuanxing, also 'princeling' who runs his own technology company.Like present President Hu Jintao, she studied at Tsinghua University and worked as his deputy in the party's youth league. She later did her masters degree in sociology from Renmin University of China.
She rose to prominence through the influential United Front Work Department and at the last party congress in 2007 in which she was made a Politburo member in charge of health, education, science and sports.From the days of its founder Mao Zedong, the 82 million members strong Communist Party of China (CPC), which is the longest party to be in power has remained a male bastion, with few woman taking up top positions even though the lot of the women improved under its rule.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actor Shah Rukh Khan, who was shooting abroad for Imtiaz Ali's "The Ring", is back in town
- 'Kaabil' trailer preview
- Salman Khan's bodyguard booked for assault
- 'Kahaani 2' trailer leaves a strong impact
- Filmmaking has become a business: Jaya Bachchan
- VOOT to bring exclusive content from 'Bigg Boss' house
- Pak artistes may not attend Goa arts festival
- I choose a film that I can do justice to: Vidya Balan
- Deepika Padukone to present award at MTV Europe Music Awards
An Indonesian court on Tuesday sentenced a 70-year-old Australian man to 15 years in pri
Bharti Airtel on Wednesday launched an affordable 10-day validity pack for international r