- Me and Hrithik were not holidaying together: SussanneKareena shoots first ad post pregnancy newsFawad, Deepika turn muse for Manish MalhotraHockey legend Mohammed Shahid passes awayB'Day Special: Controversial Shweta Basu is Naseeruddin Shah's co star in Inter..Facebook,Twitter, Bigg Boss, Mumbai Blast, Tsunami turning 10 this year.When I was 13: Rahul Bose takes celebs down memory laneSocial media trolls don't affect me anymore: Anushka SharmaI'm one of the rare breed of directors: Nishikant KamatDeepika wishes 'kindest, generous' Vin Diesel on birthday
Launching the Reliance Foundation Youth Sports initiative, Prime Minister Narendra Modi ur
Two women among China's Political Bureau members Last Updated : 15 Nov 2012 11:51:45 AM IST Two women among China's Political Bureau members
Two women, Liu Yandong and Sun Chunlan, are among the Political Bureau members of the 18th Communist Party of China (CPC) Central Committee,which hitherto remained an exclusive domain of male leaders.
The other members are Xi Jinping, Ma Kai, Wang Qishan, Wang Huning, Liu Yunshan, Liu Qibao, Xu Qiliang, Sun Zhengcai, Li Keqiang, Li Jianguo, Li Yuanchao, Wang Yang, Zhang Chunxian, Zhang Gaoli, Zhang Dejiang, Fan Changlong, Meng Jianzhu, Zhao Leji, Hu Chunhua, Yu Zhengsheng, Li Zhanshu, Guo Jinlong and Han Zheng.
They were elected at the first plenary session of the 18th CPC Central Committee on Thursday.
Liu 67, a well connected princeling and outgoing Politburo member in charge of health, education, science and sports and previously part of a policy body in-charge of Tibet was selected for all powerful nine-member Standing Committee .
While announcing the names of some top leaders who got "elected" to the Central Committee at the just concluded 18th Communist Party Congress, state-run Xinhua news agency also flashed her name prominently, sparking expectations that
she could be first woman leader to make it to China's highest policy making body.
The Congress concluded its week-long session today and the nmain leaders would be announced tomorrow.Liu is the only woman in China's 25-member strongpolitburo, many party watchers say that she has a good chance to get into the exclusive leadership club to create history.
Born in Jiangsu, Liu whose father was a vice-minister of agriculture in the past was said to have been initiated into party by former president Jiang Zemin's foster father.
She is the wife of Yang Yuanxing, also 'princeling' who runs his own technology company.Like present President Hu Jintao, she studied at Tsinghua University and worked as his deputy in the party's youth league. She later did her masters degree in sociology from Renmin University of China.
She rose to prominence through the influential United Front Work Department and at the last party congress in 2007 in which she was made a Politburo member in charge of health, education, science and sports.From the days of its founder Mao Zedong, the 82 million members strong Communist Party of China (CPC), which is the longest party to be in power has remained a male bastion, with few woman taking up top positions even though the lot of the women improved under its rule.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Superstar Rajinikanth's "Kabali" has grossed over Rs 40 crore at the Indian box office, be
- Shyam Kaushal choreographs action scene for 'Kaabil'
- Vijay Raaz did 'Mission Tiger' for free
- Rukmini Vijayakumar joins Mani Ratnam's 'Kaatru Veliyidai'
- 'Why no plus-size models in India?'
- Nagarjuna turns singer for 'Nirmala Convent'
- Yami Gautam flaunts bridal avatar at ICW 2016
- When Divya Khosla Kumar felt like a bride all over again
- Qandeel's brother undergoes polygraph test
We humans are always cross the limits ― in events like skydiving, downhill skiing, car r
A US-based startup has launched a smart laptop shell that turns your Android smartphone i