- Air pollution kills millions in ChinaWeight has never been an issue for me: Bhumi PednekarSonam Kapoor recovering well after contracting swine fluKardashian wants to live close to BeyoncePyarelal ready to compose music for Bollywood filmsFeatures of Samsung Galaxy S6-S6 EdgeSunny adopts Zeenat’s look in LeelaAdnan Sami applies for Indian CitizenshipJacqueline Fernandez hits 1 million fans on InstagramCharacter is the new hero in Bollywood movies : Nawazuddin Siddiqui
A total of 26 football players will play for preliminary qualification round 1 for 2018 FI
Two women among China's Political Bureau members Last Updated : 15 Nov 2012 11:51:45 AM IST Two women among China's Political Bureau members
Two women, Liu Yandong and Sun Chunlan, are among the Political Bureau members of the 18th Communist Party of China (CPC) Central Committee,which hitherto remained an exclusive domain of male leaders.
The other members are Xi Jinping, Ma Kai, Wang Qishan, Wang Huning, Liu Yunshan, Liu Qibao, Xu Qiliang, Sun Zhengcai, Li Keqiang, Li Jianguo, Li Yuanchao, Wang Yang, Zhang Chunxian, Zhang Gaoli, Zhang Dejiang, Fan Changlong, Meng Jianzhu, Zhao Leji, Hu Chunhua, Yu Zhengsheng, Li Zhanshu, Guo Jinlong and Han Zheng.
They were elected at the first plenary session of the 18th CPC Central Committee on Thursday.
Liu 67, a well connected princeling and outgoing Politburo member in charge of health, education, science and sports and previously part of a policy body in-charge of Tibet was selected for all powerful nine-member Standing Committee .
While announcing the names of some top leaders who got "elected" to the Central Committee at the just concluded 18th Communist Party Congress, state-run Xinhua news agency also flashed her name prominently, sparking expectations that
she could be first woman leader to make it to China's highest policy making body.
The Congress concluded its week-long session today and the nmain leaders would be announced tomorrow.Liu is the only woman in China's 25-member strongpolitburo, many party watchers say that she has a good chance to get into the exclusive leadership club to create history.
Born in Jiangsu, Liu whose father was a vice-minister of agriculture in the past was said to have been initiated into party by former president Jiang Zemin's foster father.
She is the wife of Yang Yuanxing, also 'princeling' who runs his own technology company.Like present President Hu Jintao, she studied at Tsinghua University and worked as his deputy in the party's youth league. She later did her masters degree in sociology from Renmin University of China.
She rose to prominence through the influential United Front Work Department and at the last party congress in 2007 in which she was made a Politburo member in charge of health, education, science and sports.From the days of its founder Mao Zedong, the 82 million members strong Communist Party of China (CPC), which is the longest party to be in power has remained a male bastion, with few woman taking up top positions even though the lot of the women improved under its rule.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
For Bhumi Pednekar, putting on oodles of weight for her debut film "Dum Laga Ke Haisha" wa
- Sonam Kapoor recovering well after contracting swine flu
- PICS:Kardashian wants to live close to Beyonce
- Pyarelal ready to compose music for Bollywood films
- PICS:Sunny adopts Zeenat’s look in Leela
- Pics:Adnan Sami applies for Indian Citizenship
- Jacqueline Fernandez hits 1 million fans on Instagram
- Character is the new hero in Bollywood movies : Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- Kangana to romance Saif in 'The Devotion of Suspect X'
Prime Minister Narendra Modi today joined some MPs in having lunch in the Parliament's can
Google is releasing a set of tools designed for businesses and employees who want to get w