- Why did Sushant Rajpu\'s girlfriend slap him publiclySunrisers Hyderabad Win Over Kings XI PunjabShruti, Akshay at 'Comedy Nights with Kapil Sharma'Shocking! See Radhika Apte's pics where she goes nudePics: Stardom during Sri Krishna MahostavBollywood divas who bring loss to producersHow women can keep breasts youngSachin irritated at Sara's Bollywood debut?When Sexy Shruti shakes leg with Kamal HassanRadhika Apte’s front nude pic goes viral on Whattsapp
Sachin Tendulkar is furious about the news of his daughter Sara making a Bollywood debut.
Gaza flotilla raid:Turkey to try Israeli top brass Last Updated : 06 Nov 2012 10:35:12 AM IST Gaza flotilla raid:Turkey to try Israeli top brass
An Istanbul court is set to begin the trial on Tuesday of four top Israeli commanders Turkey blames for a deadly 2010 raid on a Gaza-bound ship, a case likely to rekindle tensions between former allies Turkey and Israel.
The accused officials are: Former military chief of staff Gaby Ashkenazi, former Navy chief Eliezer Marom, former military intelligence head Amos Yadlin and former Air Force intelligence chief Avishai Levy.
Tomorrow's hearing comes months after the court approvedan indictment by prosecutors, who are seeking life sentences for the top Israeli officials in the deadly maritime assault.
The accused are all but certain not to attend the trial,after Israel ruled that those who took part in the raid didnothing wrong.One of the five plaintiff lawyers, Buhari Cetinkaya, told that prosecutors had looked up the chain of command after failing to identify all the troops who actually carried out the raid.
"We had identified some of the Israeli commandos involvedin the raid but I think the prosecutor was not able to verify from the Israeli side," Cetinkaya said.
"So the case landed on the four Israeli commanders, as thedecision passed down through a mechanism headed by these people," the lawyer added.
Israeli commandos boarded the Turkish-flagged Mavi Marmara, the largest ship in a flotilla aimed at breaking Israel's Gaza blockade, on May 31, 2010, leaving nine Turkish activists dead.
Last year, an Israeli probe ruled the raid did not violate international law, in a finding that Turkey said lacked credibility.A United Nations report in September 2011 found Israel had used "excessive" force in the raid, but also said Israel's naval blockade of Gaza was legal and that the flotilla organisers had acted "recklessly" in attempting the mission.
The raid triggered a crisis between Israel and Turkey,once regional allies, and resulted in a dramatic downgrade in diplomatic relations and expelling of the Israeli ambassador from Turkey. Military ties were also cut.
In May, Israeli Deputy Foreign Minister Danny Ayalon said he was expecting foreign diplomatic pressure on Turkey to stop the trial that could have "wide-ranging implications for NATOand US forces," which frequently board ships suspected ofterror activity.
Last month, Israeli troops boarded a Finnish-flagged ship after it tried to breach Israel's tight maritime embargo on Gaza, which prohibits all naval traffic in and out of the coastal territory.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
This is final now, that love birds Katrina Kaif and Ranbir Kapoor are finally getting marr
- Why did Sushant Rajpu's girlfriend slap him publicly
- 'Gabbar Is Back' releases its final song
- Radhika Apte is boldest babe of Bollywood
- Salman sings romantic song for 'Hero'
- Shruti, Akshay at 'Comedy Nights with Kapil Sharma'
- Shocking! See Radhika Apte's pics where she goes nude
- Kim Kardashian's daughter loves selfies
- US star Lena felt powerless after her rape
In a shocking incident, an infant died of suffocation after her 25-year-old mother alleged
Asus India launched the successor to their much-loved Zenfone range in the Asus Zenfone 2,