- Diva's Karwa Chauth 2016Indian cricketers visit territorial army camp'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' experience recreated for fansI love shooting in New York: Priyanka ChopraWhy MS Dhoni biopic grosses 200 croreUnseen pics of Sunny DeolWhy SRK said he will miss Anushka SharmaAish oozes oomph sitting on Ranbir Kapoor's lapRoute to get glowing skin for Karwa Chauth'Shivaay' is not screened in censor board: Taran Adarsh
The 23-member strong delegation comprising experts from world football governing body FIFA
Typhoon Son-Tinh in China;One killed , 1.26 million affected Last Updated : 01 Nov 2012 11:36:36 AM IST Typhoon Son-Tinh in China;One killed , 1.26 million affected
One person was killed and five others went missing in the devastation caused by Typhoon Son-Tinh in China's southern Hainan province, uprooting over 1.26 million people.
Strong tropical storm swept across south China's Hainan province, Guangxi Zhuang autonomous region and north Vietnam and forced 52,000 people to relocate, according to the provincial civil affairs bureau. The wind and rain have damaged 44,700 hectares of farmland and 1,320 houses, as well as caused direct economic losses of 990 million yuan (USD 158.69 million.
Typhoon Son-Tinh landed in China's southern Guangxi Zhuang autonomous region on Monday, bringing gales and heavy
rains that forced the evacuation of 27,300 people, the regional civil affairs department said.
Typhoon Son-Tinh brought strong wind and downpours to south China's Guangxi Zhuang autonomous region in the past two days, sinking six boats and causing another 70 to go missing in a China-Vietnam border river.
Maritime authorities in Guangxi rescued 26 Vietnamese women and children who were trapped on their boats. "Six boats sank and 70 other went missing after in flooding," a spokesman with the public security bureau of the city of Fangchenggang told state-run Xinhua news agency.
The region's flood control and drought relief headquarters said heavy rains are still pounding the city of Dongxing.The headquarters has asked the local government to take precautionary measures to prevent mudslides or other disasters.
Typhoon Son Tinh kills 7 in Vietnam, 32 total
Typhoon Son Tinh blew the roofs off thousands of homes in northern Vietnam, killing at least seven people and raising its death toll over the past week to at least 32.
Vietnam's disaster agency reported today that the typhoon killed seven people, left five missing and injured 43 in the north. The typhoon's center did not make landfall before dissipating at sea yesterday, but it blew roofs off more than 13,000 houses and damaged nearly 19,000 hectares.7,000 acres) of rice crops.
Son Tinh was a tropical storm when it swept through the central Philippines last week, killing 24 people and leaving six others missing. It gained typhoon strength with sustained wind speeds of up to 149 kph as it crossed the South China
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
After Akshay Kumar and Salman Khan, now Ranveer Singh is likely to endorse 'Thumps up'
- Diva's Karwa Chauth 2016
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' experience recreated for fans
- Mukesh Bhatt meets Rajnath Singh for safe release of 'Ae Dil...'
- Dangal trailer brings back the 'Chak De India' effect
- 'Dear Zindagi' trailer reveals a new SRK
- I love shooting in New York: Priyanka Chopra
- Now a film on India's surgical strikes
- Why MS Dhoni biopic grosses 200 crore
A blue-eyed young 'chai wala' (tea seller) from Pakistan, who became an internet sensation
After releasing MacOS Sierra, Apple is planning to launch new MacOS-powered computers on