- Jacqueline Fernandez hits 1 million fans on InstagramCharacter is the new hero in Bollywood movies : Nawazuddin SiddiquiKangana to romance Saif in \'The Devotion of Suspect X\'OMG!Sonam Kapoor down with swine fluFire on \'ABCD 2\' setLeonard Nimoy, Spock on \'Star Trek,\' dead at 83Amitabh to promote road safetyWatch Shah Rukh Khan turning into teenI was in two minds about doing \'Badlapur\': Huma QureshiPriyanka joins American TV show \'Quantico\'
Mohun Bagan has taken the top spot in the I-League football standings.
Typhoon Son-Tinh in China;One killed , 1.26 million affected Last Updated : 01 Nov 2012 11:36:36 AM IST Typhoon Son-Tinh in China;One killed , 1.26 million affected
One person was killed and five others went missing in the devastation caused by Typhoon Son-Tinh in China's southern Hainan province, uprooting over 1.26 million people.
Strong tropical storm swept across south China's Hainan province, Guangxi Zhuang autonomous region and north Vietnam and forced 52,000 people to relocate, according to the provincial civil affairs bureau. The wind and rain have damaged 44,700 hectares of farmland and 1,320 houses, as well as caused direct economic losses of 990 million yuan (USD 158.69 million.
Typhoon Son-Tinh landed in China's southern Guangxi Zhuang autonomous region on Monday, bringing gales and heavy
rains that forced the evacuation of 27,300 people, the regional civil affairs department said.
Typhoon Son-Tinh brought strong wind and downpours to south China's Guangxi Zhuang autonomous region in the past two days, sinking six boats and causing another 70 to go missing in a China-Vietnam border river.
Maritime authorities in Guangxi rescued 26 Vietnamese women and children who were trapped on their boats. "Six boats sank and 70 other went missing after in flooding," a spokesman with the public security bureau of the city of Fangchenggang told state-run Xinhua news agency.
The region's flood control and drought relief headquarters said heavy rains are still pounding the city of Dongxing.The headquarters has asked the local government to take precautionary measures to prevent mudslides or other disasters.
Typhoon Son Tinh kills 7 in Vietnam, 32 total
Typhoon Son Tinh blew the roofs off thousands of homes in northern Vietnam, killing at least seven people and raising its death toll over the past week to at least 32.
Vietnam's disaster agency reported today that the typhoon killed seven people, left five missing and injured 43 in the north. The typhoon's center did not make landfall before dissipating at sea yesterday, but it blew roofs off more than 13,000 houses and damaged nearly 19,000 hectares.7,000 acres) of rice crops.
Son Tinh was a tropical storm when it swept through the central Philippines last week, killing 24 people and leaving six others missing. It gained typhoon strength with sustained wind speeds of up to 149 kph as it crossed the South China
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood actress Jacqueline Fernandez has reached a new milestone on photo-sharing social
- Character is the new hero in Bollywood movies : Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- Kangana to romance Saif in 'The Devotion of Suspect X'
- OMG!Sonam Kapoor down with swine flu
- Pakistan Loses Historic Taj Mahal Cinema
- Fire on 'ABCD 2' set
- Tax penalty on Actor Robert De Niro
- Leonard Nimoy, Spock on 'Star Trek,' dead at 83
- Amitabh to promote road safety
The first 'selfie' taken in space by NASA astronaut Buzz Aldrin in 1966 has fetched almost
Google is releasing a set of tools designed for businesses and employees who want to get w