- PICS: Soha Ali Khan\'s mehendi ceremonyMovie Review: Dolly Ki DoliTrisha Krishnan, Varun Manian engagedInside Soha Ali Khan\'s bachelorette bashBaby, and other Bollywood films on terrorismShweta Basu, accused in sex racket, does a glamorous photo shootHappy Basant Panchami 2015: Images, Wallpapers, GreetingsRaveena Tandon to play negative role in \'Shab\'Senpaga Vinayagar Temple renovation completeObama\'s Armored \'Beast\' in city for Republic day
AIADMK supremo J Jayalalithaa has extended a cash assistance of Rs 5 lakh for a 27-year-ol
Typhoon Son-Tinh in China;One killed , 1.26 million affected Last Updated : 01 Nov 2012 11:36:36 AM IST Typhoon Son-Tinh in China;One killed , 1.26 million affected
One person was killed and five others went missing in the devastation caused by Typhoon Son-Tinh in China's southern Hainan province, uprooting over 1.26 million people.
Strong tropical storm swept across south China's Hainan province, Guangxi Zhuang autonomous region and north Vietnam and forced 52,000 people to relocate, according to the provincial civil affairs bureau. The wind and rain have damaged 44,700 hectares of farmland and 1,320 houses, as well as caused direct economic losses of 990 million yuan (USD 158.69 million.
Typhoon Son-Tinh landed in China's southern Guangxi Zhuang autonomous region on Monday, bringing gales and heavy
rains that forced the evacuation of 27,300 people, the regional civil affairs department said.
Typhoon Son-Tinh brought strong wind and downpours to south China's Guangxi Zhuang autonomous region in the past two days, sinking six boats and causing another 70 to go missing in a China-Vietnam border river.
Maritime authorities in Guangxi rescued 26 Vietnamese women and children who were trapped on their boats. "Six boats sank and 70 other went missing after in flooding," a spokesman with the public security bureau of the city of Fangchenggang told state-run Xinhua news agency.
The region's flood control and drought relief headquarters said heavy rains are still pounding the city of Dongxing.The headquarters has asked the local government to take precautionary measures to prevent mudslides or other disasters.
Typhoon Son Tinh kills 7 in Vietnam, 32 total
Typhoon Son Tinh blew the roofs off thousands of homes in northern Vietnam, killing at least seven people and raising its death toll over the past week to at least 32.
Vietnam's disaster agency reported today that the typhoon killed seven people, left five missing and injured 43 in the north. The typhoon's center did not make landfall before dissipating at sea yesterday, but it blew roofs off more than 13,000 houses and damaged nearly 19,000 hectares.7,000 acres) of rice crops.
Son Tinh was a tropical storm when it swept through the central Philippines last week, killing 24 people and leaving six others missing. It gained typhoon strength with sustained wind speeds of up to 149 kph as it crossed the South China
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Soha Ali Khan's wedding festivities started with the mehendi ceremony on Friday, January 2
- Movie Review: Dolly Ki Doli
- Trisha Krishnan, Varun Manian engaged
- Inside Soha Ali Khan's bachelorette bash
- PICS: Baby, and other Bollywood films on terrorism
- Vadfest 2015 begins with ‘Blame It On Yashraj’
- Shweta Basu, accused in sex racket, does a glamorous photo shoot
- Raveena Tandon to play negative role in 'Shab'
- Why Dhanush is kissing Akshara Haasan's butt
Dog is man's best friend, and we have wolves to thank for it!
Chinese handset maker Xiaomi will be launching its latest 4G device Mi4 in India on Jan 28