- Know who's who in the new US First Family5 reasons to watch Hrithik Roshan's KaabilMika Singh attends Trump's pre-inaugural dinnerTemperatures remain below freezing point in J&KCoffee With D is fun in a ditzy wayBollywood celebrities who are accused of rapeWas Shahrukh Khan insulting Kajol, Madhuri and Juhi?Pics: Best shots of Yuvraj and DhoniBollywood to rock at Trumph's swearing-in ceremonyBountiful and 'snowful', winter reclaims its glory in Kashmir
India's Sania Mirza and Rohan Bopanna won their mixed doubles first round matches at the A
WikiLeaks disclosures caused no damage to US:Manning Lawyer Last Updated : 19 Jul 2012 12:08:58 PM IST WikiLeaks disclosures caused no damage to US:Manning Lawyer
A US soldier ,Bradley Manning accused of passing a trove of documents to WikiLeaks has asked a military judge to allow him to cite evidence showing his leak caused no damage to the United States.
A defense lawyer for US Army private Bradley Manning argued that his client took care to disclose files that would not harm US interests and subsequent government reports have shown no major "injury" was caused.
But prosecutors countered that the potential harm caused by the disclosures is irrelevant to the court-martial and that Manning committed a crime simply by leaking classified information without permission.
Manning's lead attorney, David Coombs, faced tough questions at the pre-trial hearing from Judge Denise Lind, who said at one point the defense's argument was "confusing."
"How is something that happened after the fact (leak) relevant?" Lind asked.The judge made no ruling on the issue yesterday but if she bars evidence related to the possible harm caused by the leaks, it would represent a major blow to Manning's defense.
The trial is due to begin in September for Manning, 24,who faces a possible life sentence if convicted of aiding the enemy by giving hundreds of thousands of secret documents to WikiLeaks, the secret-spilling website.
The baby-faced soldier, who attended the hearing clad in a dress uniform, was a low-ranking intelligence analyst deployed in Iraq when he was arrested in May 2010 and accused of releasing thousands of classified military logs from Iraq and Afghanistan and State Department diplomatic cables.loading...
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Superstar Shah Rukh Khan will be Bollywood's first Khan to travel to Delhi from Mumbai for
- Pics: Dangal mints over Rs 375 crore in India
- Commando 2 teaser released, Vidyut on cloud nine
- Priyanka Jagga bags her first Bollywood film
- Ten unknown facts about Sushant
- Kareena to be Anita Dongre's showstopper at LFW finale
- Can't work with people who don't love me: SRK
- Sara Ali and Harshvardhan a new couple in town?
- Kaabil: Watch Hrithik in the latest dialogue promo
Researchers at IISER-Kolkata's Ant Lab here are exploring why ants take the risk and bear
Marking its 20th anniversary in the country, Digital imaging company Canon India on Friday