- All you want to know about Bhajji's weddingSidharth, Katrina celebrate \'Baar Baar Dekho\' wrapFinal list of \'Bigg Boss 9\' inmatesActress who were physically assaultedWhen Big B was chased by a tiger for 4 kmKarisma\'s ex hubby to marry his ex girlfriendWhat a comeback Aishwarya!Aditi Rao Hydri goes toplessSridevi's daughter Khushi kisses Jack GilinskyJab Kareena met Mira and Shahid met Saif
The Indian hockey team had a disappointing start to their four-Test series as they suffere
WikiLeaks disclosures caused no damage to US:Manning Lawyer Last Updated : 19 Jul 2012 12:08:58 PM IST WikiLeaks disclosures caused no damage to US:Manning Lawyer
A US soldier ,Bradley Manning accused of passing a trove of documents to WikiLeaks has asked a military judge to allow him to cite evidence showing his leak caused no damage to the United States.
A defense lawyer for US Army private Bradley Manning argued that his client took care to disclose files that would not harm US interests and subsequent government reports have shown no major "injury" was caused.
But prosecutors countered that the potential harm caused by the disclosures is irrelevant to the court-martial and that Manning committed a crime simply by leaking classified information without permission.
Manning's lead attorney, David Coombs, faced tough questions at the pre-trial hearing from Judge Denise Lind, who said at one point the defense's argument was "confusing."
"How is something that happened after the fact (leak) relevant?" Lind asked.The judge made no ruling on the issue yesterday but if she bars evidence related to the possible harm caused by the leaks, it would represent a major blow to Manning's defense.
The trial is due to begin in September for Manning, 24,who faces a possible life sentence if convicted of aiding the enemy by giving hundreds of thousands of secret documents to WikiLeaks, the secret-spilling website.
The baby-faced soldier, who attended the hearing clad in a dress uniform, was a low-ranking intelligence analyst deployed in Iraq when he was arrested in May 2010 and accused of releasing thousands of classified military logs from Iraq and Afghanistan and State Department diplomatic cables.Source:PTI, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood newbie Athiya Shetty, will walk the ramp for designers Rohit Gandhi and Rahul Kh
- Sidharth, Katrina celebrate 'Baar Baar Dekho' wrap
- Final list of 'Bigg Boss 9' inmates
- Watch Salman Khan's 'Prem Leela' in 'PRDP'
- Konkona elated with 'Talvar' success
- Actress who were physically assaulted
- When Big B was chased by a tiger for 4 km
- Karisma's ex hubby to marry his ex girlfriend
- What a comeback Aishwarya!
A dog in the US had to be rescued after it accidentally knocked its owner's idling truck i
Microsoft launched LUMIA 640 LTE 4G device priced at Rs 17,399 with an aim to widen its po