- 7 films releasing this week, which is your pick?PICS of Chhath festivalSee Big B with a broomMannara\'s hot lovemaking scenes in Zid, view picsActress Sana Khan arrestedHarman Baweja cheats on Bipasha Basu with a foreign modelSRK turns pink after kisses on both cheeks!First look: Ranveer Singh goes bald for Bajirao MastaniBigg Boss 8: Gautam Gulati wants sex on the beach with Sonali RautImage: Top 13 heroines of Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan
Roger Federer kept up his hopes of finishing the year as world number one when he downed
WikiLeaks disclosures caused no damage to US:Manning Lawyer Last Updated : 19 Jul 2012 12:08:58 PM IST WikiLeaks disclosures caused no damage to US:Manning Lawyer
A US soldier ,Bradley Manning accused of passing a trove of documents to WikiLeaks has asked a military judge to allow him to cite evidence showing his leak caused no damage to the United States.
A defense lawyer for US Army private Bradley Manning argued that his client took care to disclose files that would not harm US interests and subsequent government reports have shown no major "injury" was caused.
But prosecutors countered that the potential harm caused by the disclosures is irrelevant to the court-martial and that Manning committed a crime simply by leaking classified information without permission.
Manning's lead attorney, David Coombs, faced tough questions at the pre-trial hearing from Judge Denise Lind, who said at one point the defense's argument was "confusing."
"How is something that happened after the fact (leak) relevant?" Lind asked.The judge made no ruling on the issue yesterday but if she bars evidence related to the possible harm caused by the leaks, it would represent a major blow to Manning's defense.
The trial is due to begin in September for Manning, 24,who faces a possible life sentence if convicted of aiding the enemy by giving hundreds of thousands of secret documents to WikiLeaks, the secret-spilling website.
The baby-faced soldier, who attended the hearing clad in a dress uniform, was a low-ranking intelligence analyst deployed in Iraq when he was arrested in May 2010 and accused of releasing thousands of classified military logs from Iraq and Afghanistan and State Department diplomatic cables.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
As many as seven films are ready for release on 31st October 2014
- Sunny Leone sports hot red bikini in ‘Mastizaade’
- Amitabh Bachchan wraps up 'KBC 8' shooting
- SRK keen to promote Bengali film industry
- Watch SRK’s new 'Sharabi song' from movie HNY
- See Big B with a broom
- Mannara's hot lovemaking scenes in Zid, view pics
- Zid trailer: Watch PC’s sister Mannara in superhot avatar
- Sex racket:Actress Shweta Basu Prasad allowed to live with mother
It is always a subject of debate whether Unidentified Flying Objects (UFO) does exist or n
Microsoft Devices has launched entry level dual-sim mobile phone 'Nokia 130' in India.