- OK Jaanu first poster releasedMovie review: 'Befikre': A cliched entertainerShah Rukh to sport three looks in 'Raees'Rani shares a pic of Adira on first birthdayReasons why you should not miss BefikreFive tips to create cosy living roomSuffering from high BP? Try yogaDeepika Padukone named sexiest Asian womanSee what makes Dharmendra blush even at this age'Feeling much better now,' tweets Dilip Kumar
Indias Ruchita Vinerkar claimed bronze in the womens 10m Air Pistol, the last event of th
WikiLeaks disclosures caused no damage to US:Manning Lawyer Last Updated : 19 Jul 2012 12:08:58 PM IST WikiLeaks disclosures caused no damage to US:Manning Lawyer
A US soldier ,Bradley Manning accused of passing a trove of documents to WikiLeaks has asked a military judge to allow him to cite evidence showing his leak caused no damage to the United States.
A defense lawyer for US Army private Bradley Manning argued that his client took care to disclose files that would not harm US interests and subsequent government reports have shown no major "injury" was caused.
But prosecutors countered that the potential harm caused by the disclosures is irrelevant to the court-martial and that Manning committed a crime simply by leaking classified information without permission.
Manning's lead attorney, David Coombs, faced tough questions at the pre-trial hearing from Judge Denise Lind, who said at one point the defense's argument was "confusing."
"How is something that happened after the fact (leak) relevant?" Lind asked.The judge made no ruling on the issue yesterday but if she bars evidence related to the possible harm caused by the leaks, it would represent a major blow to Manning's defense.
The trial is due to begin in September for Manning, 24,who faces a possible life sentence if convicted of aiding the enemy by giving hundreds of thousands of secret documents to WikiLeaks, the secret-spilling website.
The baby-faced soldier, who attended the hearing clad in a dress uniform, was a low-ranking intelligence analyst deployed in Iraq when he was arrested in May 2010 and accused of releasing thousands of classified military logs from Iraq and Afghanistan and State Department diplomatic cables.loading...
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
A Bihar-based filmmaker has made a full-length feature film on Prime Minister Narendra Mo
- Be my guest: Shah Rukh Khan invites fans to Dubai
- Rajinikanth requests fans not to celebrate his birthday
- 'OK Jaanu' first poster released
- Movie review: 'Befikre': A cliched entertainer
- Shah Rukh to sport three looks in 'Raees'
- Rani shares a pic of Adira on first birthday
- Did Rajinikanth turn down Aamir's offer?
- Reasons why you should not miss 'Befikre'
Doctors in a UAE hospital are celebrating the successful delivery of its smallest patient,
Bharti Airtel on Thursday launched two new bundled packs for its prepaid customers wit