- Sushant begins preparation for 'Chanda Mama Door Ke'Deepika's Hollywood debut mints over $300 mn worldwide'Jolly LLB 2' enters 100 crore clubAkshay, Bhumi wrap 'Toilet: Ek Prem Katha'Bharti gearing up for her winter weddingRanbir's look from Sanjay Dutt's biopic leakedRanveer, Anushka cast vote for civic body pollsProtect your skin from sun with home care tipsIttefaq shoot begins with Shah Rukh KhanB-town couples grace Shahid's pre-birthday bash
Elite Kenyan runners competing at the Tokyo marathon on Sunday will be targeting two bir
WikiLeaks disclosures caused no damage to US:Manning Lawyer Last Updated : 19 Jul 2012 12:08:58 PM IST WikiLeaks disclosures caused no damage to US:Manning Lawyer
A US soldier ,Bradley Manning accused of passing a trove of documents to WikiLeaks has asked a military judge to allow him to cite evidence showing his leak caused no damage to the United States.
A defense lawyer for US Army private Bradley Manning argued that his client took care to disclose files that would not harm US interests and subsequent government reports have shown no major "injury" was caused.
But prosecutors countered that the potential harm caused by the disclosures is irrelevant to the court-martial and that Manning committed a crime simply by leaking classified information without permission.
Manning's lead attorney, David Coombs, faced tough questions at the pre-trial hearing from Judge Denise Lind, who said at one point the defense's argument was "confusing."
"How is something that happened after the fact (leak) relevant?" Lind asked.The judge made no ruling on the issue yesterday but if she bars evidence related to the possible harm caused by the leaks, it would represent a major blow to Manning's defense.
The trial is due to begin in September for Manning, 24,who faces a possible life sentence if convicted of aiding the enemy by giving hundreds of thousands of secret documents to WikiLeaks, the secret-spilling website.
The baby-faced soldier, who attended the hearing clad in a dress uniform, was a low-ranking intelligence analyst deployed in Iraq when he was arrested in May 2010 and accused of releasing thousands of classified military logs from Iraq and Afghanistan and State Department diplomatic cables.loading...
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
The makers of the "Jolly LLB" franchise on Wednesday confirmed that there will be a third
- 'Lion' to be specially screened for underprivileged kids
- Sushant begins preparation for 'Chanda Mama Door Ke'
- Pics:Deepika's Hollywood debut mints over $300 mn worldwide
- We hardly celebrate good cinema in India: Tannishtha Chatterjee
- Madhavan releases 'Vikram Vedha' first poster
- Dhanush to reunite with 'Kodi' director
- 'Rangoon' role not based on anybody living or dead: Kangana
- 'Ghulaam' actor to be part of 'Nach Baliye 8'
It is not the brain that determines whether a person is a lefty or a righty, but the spina
Emphasising on building a gaming ecosystem in India, printing and personal computer major