- Banned, but not by the censorsTen intimate scenes in BollywoodShriya Saran hot photo shootSofia goes nude for Ice Bucket ChallengeControversial hot star Poonam Pandey removed from FacebookRainfall brings relief to northPics: Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie have secretly wed in FrancePrivate, unseen pics of Katrina Kaif\'s hot sister Isabel KaifHrithik Roshan will soon make Hollywood debut?Observe something in Surveen\'s body
Russian tennis superstar Maria Sharapova booked her US Open third-round berth with a gri
WikiLeaks disclosures caused no damage to US:Manning Lawyer Last Updated : 19 Jul 2012 12:08:58 PM IST WikiLeaks disclosures caused no damage to US:Manning Lawyer
A US soldier ,Bradley Manning accused of passing a trove of documents to WikiLeaks has asked a military judge to allow him to cite evidence showing his leak caused no damage to the United States.
A defense lawyer for US Army private Bradley Manning argued that his client took care to disclose files that would not harm US interests and subsequent government reports have shown no major "injury" was caused.
But prosecutors countered that the potential harm caused by the disclosures is irrelevant to the court-martial and that Manning committed a crime simply by leaking classified information without permission.
Manning's lead attorney, David Coombs, faced tough questions at the pre-trial hearing from Judge Denise Lind, who said at one point the defense's argument was "confusing."
"How is something that happened after the fact (leak) relevant?" Lind asked.The judge made no ruling on the issue yesterday but if she bars evidence related to the possible harm caused by the leaks, it would represent a major blow to Manning's defense.
The trial is due to begin in September for Manning, 24,who faces a possible life sentence if convicted of aiding the enemy by giving hundreds of thousands of secret documents to WikiLeaks, the secret-spilling website.
The baby-faced soldier, who attended the hearing clad in a dress uniform, was a low-ranking intelligence analyst deployed in Iraq when he was arrested in May 2010 and accused of releasing thousands of classified military logs from Iraq and Afghanistan and State Department diplomatic cables.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
India is a sensitive nation. Hence, filmmakers must be careful while making their films.
- Ten intimate scenes in Bollywood
- Shriya Saran hot photo shoot
- Sofia goes nude for Ice Bucket Challenge
- Controversial hot star Poonam Pandey removed from Facebook
- Private, unseen pics of Katrina Kaif's hot sister Isabel Kaif
- Hrithik Roshan will soon make Hollywood debut?
- Observe something in Surveen's body
- Irrfan Khan to star opposite Aishwarya Rai Bachchan in ‘Jazbaa’
Half-naked revellers pelted each other with tomatoes and bathed in red goo in Spain's Toma
Xiaomi will be launching its affordable smartphone Redmi 1s in India on Sept 2.