- Shahid saves Shraddha oops moment?OMG! This woman has three breastsKapil Sharma romancing former Bigg Boss contestant Elli AvramKim Kardashian reportedly making cameoAkshay Kumar movie The Shaukeens behind the scenes imagesSRK, Deepika celebrates \'Happy New Year\' in USAbhinav Bindra to retireHot babes in \'Big Boss 8\'Mahesh Bhatt and his controversies, view picsGujaratis take admissions in Mandarin classes
Ace shooter Abhinav Bindra creates a flutter by annoucing his move to retire
WikiLeaks disclosures caused no damage to US:Manning Lawyer Last Updated : 19 Jul 2012 12:08:58 PM IST WikiLeaks disclosures caused no damage to US:Manning Lawyer
A US soldier ,Bradley Manning accused of passing a trove of documents to WikiLeaks has asked a military judge to allow him to cite evidence showing his leak caused no damage to the United States.
A defense lawyer for US Army private Bradley Manning argued that his client took care to disclose files that would not harm US interests and subsequent government reports have shown no major "injury" was caused.
But prosecutors countered that the potential harm caused by the disclosures is irrelevant to the court-martial and that Manning committed a crime simply by leaking classified information without permission.
Manning's lead attorney, David Coombs, faced tough questions at the pre-trial hearing from Judge Denise Lind, who said at one point the defense's argument was "confusing."
"How is something that happened after the fact (leak) relevant?" Lind asked.The judge made no ruling on the issue yesterday but if she bars evidence related to the possible harm caused by the leaks, it would represent a major blow to Manning's defense.
The trial is due to begin in September for Manning, 24,who faces a possible life sentence if convicted of aiding the enemy by giving hundreds of thousands of secret documents to WikiLeaks, the secret-spilling website.
The baby-faced soldier, who attended the hearing clad in a dress uniform, was a low-ranking intelligence analyst deployed in Iraq when he was arrested in May 2010 and accused of releasing thousands of classified military logs from Iraq and Afghanistan and State Department diplomatic cables.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
This could have been a real embarrassing moment for Shraddha Kapoor.
- Kapil Sharma romancing former Bigg Boss contestant Elli Avram
- Kim Kardashian reportedly making cameo
- Akshay Kumar movie The Shaukeens behind the scenes images
- SRK, Deepika celebrates 'Happy New Year' in US
- Hot babes in 'Big Boss 8'
- Raj Kundra receives extortion call, security beefed up
- Paul McCartney raps for meat-free Mondays
- Mahesh Bhatt and his controversies, view pics
An 21 years-old American Jasmine Tridevil claims that she had plastic surgery to create a
Soon you will be able to control your mobile smartphone with your gestures only.