- Freida to promote women empowerment at CannesDaily yoga can help reduce multiple sclerosis symptomsRelease of SRK's 'Raees' pushed to next yearWear sunglasses to avoid eye damageBig B, Kangana, Kalki, Kabir, Bhansali at their best in awards functionWant my fan base to increase in South: HumaSee what Bips made Karan do post weddingAndamans gets a leg-up to showcase heritageFIRST LOOK: Varun, Alia in 'Badrinath Ki Dulhania'Care for your hair in simple steps this summer!
A new round of tickets has been put on sale from Thursday for Olympic gymnastics, canoein
South Africa Police Investigate Racist Facebook picture Last Updated : 29 Aug 2011 10:56:39 AM IST
Authorities in South Africa are investigating an image posted on Facebook of a white man with a hunting rifle and a big grin kneeling in a classic hunter's pose over his "prey" ? what appears to be the lifeless body of a black boy.
Police Minister Nathi Mthethwa's has ordered an investigation into the matter and asked the man in it to come forward and declare whether the picture is a fake or has been doctored.
Shocked child care organisations described the picture as "sickening and disgusting". "This hate image incites racism that almost all South Africans have fought so hard to eradicate," the director of Women and Men Against Child Abuse, Miranda Jordan, told the weekly Sunday Times, which used the photograph on its front page.
The picture has been up on Facebook for more than a year already and the profile of the user is "Eugene Terrorblanche", a play on the name of right wing Afrikaner leader Eugene Terreblanche, who was killed on his farm last year.
Although the user has 590 Facebook friends, not one has condemned the picture, prompting child care authorities to
remind them that any South African who has viewed the picture and not fulfilled the obligation reporting it to the police in
terms of the Children's Act, would be equally culpable if the picture was genuine.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
US-based Indian actress Freida Pinto will reportedly attend the upcoming 69th Cannes Inter
- Randeep Hooda brilliant in 'Sarbjit': Johnny Lever
- SRK, AbRam practise dance moves for KKR match
- Release of SRK's 'Raees' pushed to next year
- Justin Bieber being sued for $100,000
- Shekhar Suman again hits out at Kangana Ranaut
- National Awards: Big B 'touched' by president's speech
- Big B, Kangana, Kalki, Kabir, Bhansali at their best in awards function
- Evans, Downey Jr helped Holland in justifying Spiderma
In a weird incident in Turkey, a 34-year man was beaten black and blue for doing a lewd ac
Sony India on Monday launched a new portable wireless speaker for music aficionados in Ind