- Farha to replace Salman in 'Bigg Boss 8'Exclusive coffee table book for 'Kick' fansSchoolchildren observe silenceFirst official poster 'Roy' revealedInteresting pics of Salman Khan in 2014Abbey Clancy expecting second childJennifer Lawrence most searched celebrityJack Ma biggest gainer, Leonid Mikhelson loserSee Amitabh Bachchan's grandchildrens' latest picsList of Pakistani hotties in Bollywood
Boxer Sarita Devi, who had refused to accept her Asian Games bronze medal, was on Wednesda
Rana unaware of Headley's terror activities: documents Last Updated : 26 Jul 2011 08:23:26 AM IST File photo
Tahawwur Hussain Rana was unaware of the terror activities of Mumbai-attack accused David Headley and had provided cover and funds to him unknowingly, a recently unsealed document reveal.
The documents which were ordered to be unsealed by Judge Harry Leinenweber on July 19 at the request of Chicago
Tribune newspaper reveal that Headley had explicitly told the agents that Rana was not aware of his activities and he did
not knowingly allow him to use his business as cover.
It contradicts the affidavit filed in trial of Headley's statements regarding Rana that he knowingly provided cover and funds in support of terrorism.Moreover, Headley also gave explanation for Rana procuring airline tickets for him as 'Rana was simply repaying a loan'.
A lack of knowledge regarding Headley's true activities and a non-terrorism reason for Rana paying for airline tickets undercuts the only tangible elements that would link the Rana to either providing or conspiring to provide material support to terrorism.
Headley's exculpatory statements regarding Rana cut against the government's case for probable cause in two significant ways. First, the statements provide straightforward evidence indicating that there was not probable cause to search Rana's home and businesses.
According to Headley, Rana was innocent. Second, assuming the government did not believe Headley's statement about Rana, the statements undercut all of his other statements that were used to support probable cause,the documents state.
The omission of the exculpatory statements altogether avoids the obvious awkward situation, asking the magistrate to
credit and discredit Headley's statements all at the same time.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Salman Khan will no more be a part of 'Bigg Boss' and Farha Khan will replace him.
- Exclusive coffee table book for 'Kick' fans
- First official poster 'Roy' revealed
- Interesting pics of Salman Khan in 2014
- Abbey Clancy expecting second child
- Jennifer Lawrence most searched celebrity
- Watch Ranbir Kapoor starrer ‘Roy’ movie trailer
- Trailer of 'Roy' released: Watch now
- Farah Khan replaces Salman as Bigg Boss 8 host
Eight coffins from Qing Dynasty (1636-1912) imperial figures, including Emperor Qianlong
Homegrown handset maker Lava on Tuesday launched a new smartphone -- Iris Fuel 60 -- offer