- Birthday special: Ranbir Kapoor childhood picsReason why Lata Mangeshkar did not marryGionee S6s smartphone: A delight for selfie loversQuick tips for an organised homeBirthday special: Famous sayings by Yash ChopraTurn to tea tree oil for glowing skinBig B is hopeful, things will change post 'Pink'Priyanka Chopra found it 'weird' to audition for 'Quantico'Famous bold lip-locks of B-town divas we can never forgetBeing a celebrity isn't a piece of cake: Raveena Tandon
Barcelona came from behind to beat Monchengladbach 2-1 in the second round in Group C of
Rana unaware of Headley's terror activities: documents Last Updated : 26 Jul 2011 08:23:26 AM IST File photo
Tahawwur Hussain Rana was unaware of the terror activities of Mumbai-attack accused David Headley and had provided cover and funds to him unknowingly, a recently unsealed document reveal.
The documents which were ordered to be unsealed by Judge Harry Leinenweber on July 19 at the request of Chicago
Tribune newspaper reveal that Headley had explicitly told the agents that Rana was not aware of his activities and he did
not knowingly allow him to use his business as cover.
It contradicts the affidavit filed in trial of Headley's statements regarding Rana that he knowingly provided cover and funds in support of terrorism.Moreover, Headley also gave explanation for Rana procuring airline tickets for him as 'Rana was simply repaying a loan'.
A lack of knowledge regarding Headley's true activities and a non-terrorism reason for Rana paying for airline tickets undercuts the only tangible elements that would link the Rana to either providing or conspiring to provide material support to terrorism.
Headley's exculpatory statements regarding Rana cut against the government's case for probable cause in two significant ways. First, the statements provide straightforward evidence indicating that there was not probable cause to search Rana's home and businesses.
According to Headley, Rana was innocent. Second, assuming the government did not believe Headley's statement about Rana, the statements undercut all of his other statements that were used to support probable cause,the documents state.
The omission of the exculpatory statements altogether avoids the obvious awkward situation, asking the magistrate to
credit and discredit Headley's statements all at the same time.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Film celebrities -- in India and more so internationally -- are perpetually dogged by rumo
- Producing films a tough job, says Sonu Sood
- Everybody deserves to know Dhoni's inspiring story: Bhumika
- Who is Salman Khan's duplicate?
- Arjun Kapoor's 'DDLJ' moment on 'Half Girlfriend' set
- Jolie found images of Gomez, other women on Pitt's phone
- ADHM: Channa Mereya song released
- Sonakshi and John unveil the poster of 'Force 2', trailer to be released tonight
- Tannishtha slams racist attack on Colors' show, channel apologises
Using state-of-the-art equipment, Australian researchers have managed to solve an 800-yea
Apple and Deloitte on Thursday joined hands to help companies accelerate their work via s