- Want my daughter to be proud of me: ShahidTips to pick lip colour this festive seasonMNS allows release of Karan Johar's 'Ae Dil...''My Father Iqbal': Does not rise to expectationsTrain To Busan movie reviewKnow more about Parineeti ChopraHow to spend more time, less money during vacations!'Jack Reacher...': Tom Cruise's finest film in yearsIs it safe to eat chicken amidst this bird flu rumors?Arijit Singh re-dubs for song in 'Tum Bin 2'
A FIFA delegation confirmed on Monday that the city will be one of the venues for the U-
Rana unaware of Headley's terror activities: documents Last Updated : 26 Jul 2011 08:23:26 AM IST File photo
Tahawwur Hussain Rana was unaware of the terror activities of Mumbai-attack accused David Headley and had provided cover and funds to him unknowingly, a recently unsealed document reveal.
The documents which were ordered to be unsealed by Judge Harry Leinenweber on July 19 at the request of Chicago
Tribune newspaper reveal that Headley had explicitly told the agents that Rana was not aware of his activities and he did
not knowingly allow him to use his business as cover.
It contradicts the affidavit filed in trial of Headley's statements regarding Rana that he knowingly provided cover and funds in support of terrorism.Moreover, Headley also gave explanation for Rana procuring airline tickets for him as 'Rana was simply repaying a loan'.
A lack of knowledge regarding Headley's true activities and a non-terrorism reason for Rana paying for airline tickets undercuts the only tangible elements that would link the Rana to either providing or conspiring to provide material support to terrorism.
Headley's exculpatory statements regarding Rana cut against the government's case for probable cause in two significant ways. First, the statements provide straightforward evidence indicating that there was not probable cause to search Rana's home and businesses.
According to Headley, Rana was innocent. Second, assuming the government did not believe Headley's statement about Rana, the statements undercut all of his other statements that were used to support probable cause,the documents state.
The omission of the exculpatory statements altogether avoids the obvious awkward situation, asking the magistrate to
credit and discredit Headley's statements all at the same time.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actor Shahid Kapoor says he wants to be his best for his daughter Misha and wants her to b
- Shabana Azmi criticises Maharashtra CM
- First look of Baahubali 2 unvelied at MAMI
- I have not taken a penny for 'Shivaay': Ajay Devgn
- My role in 'Sarkar 3' is small but important: Manoj Bajpai
- No skin show or liplocks in 'Ae Dil...': Aishwarya
- Producers 'thank' cinema owners for backing 'Ae Dil...' release
- MNS allows release of Karan Johar's 'Ae Dil...'
- 'My Father Iqbal': Does not rise to expectations
Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Tejaswi Yadav has received 44,000 marriage proposals on a What
On October 23, 2001, Apple Co-Founder and former Chief Executive Steve Jobs unveiled iPod,