- Breastfeeding protects kidsSex serine Regina to have fresh romanceOops! Ill Anushka to skip 'Dil Dhadakne Do' promotions at IPL finalWhom Khloe Kardashian dating now?Tanu weds Manu takes box office by stormFirst look of 'Bombairiya' unveiledSalman has Hollywood offer from SylvesterPamela Anderson ready to date guys againEva Green ditched her natural hairSofia's ex seek custody of embryos
India's Deepa Kumari has been promoted as the international hockey umpire by the Internati
Rana unaware of Headley's terror activities: documents Last Updated : 26 Jul 2011 08:23:26 AM IST File photo
Tahawwur Hussain Rana was unaware of the terror activities of Mumbai-attack accused David Headley and had provided cover and funds to him unknowingly, a recently unsealed document reveal.
The documents which were ordered to be unsealed by Judge Harry Leinenweber on July 19 at the request of Chicago
Tribune newspaper reveal that Headley had explicitly told the agents that Rana was not aware of his activities and he did
not knowingly allow him to use his business as cover.
It contradicts the affidavit filed in trial of Headley's statements regarding Rana that he knowingly provided cover and funds in support of terrorism.Moreover, Headley also gave explanation for Rana procuring airline tickets for him as 'Rana was simply repaying a loan'.
A lack of knowledge regarding Headley's true activities and a non-terrorism reason for Rana paying for airline tickets undercuts the only tangible elements that would link the Rana to either providing or conspiring to provide material support to terrorism.
Headley's exculpatory statements regarding Rana cut against the government's case for probable cause in two significant ways. First, the statements provide straightforward evidence indicating that there was not probable cause to search Rana's home and businesses.
According to Headley, Rana was innocent. Second, assuming the government did not believe Headley's statement about Rana, the statements undercut all of his other statements that were used to support probable cause,the documents state.
The omission of the exculpatory statements altogether avoids the obvious awkward situation, asking the magistrate to
credit and discredit Headley's statements all at the same time.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Noted film and TV actors Puneet Issar and Ashish Chowdhry, popular television actress Kavi
- Sex serine Regina to have fresh romance
- Oops! Ill Anushka to skip 'Dil Dhadakne Do' promotions at IPL final
- PICS:Whom Khloe Kardashian dating now?
- Tanu weds Manu takes box office by storm
- FIR, obscenity case against Sunny Leone
- Raj Babbar, Salma Agha to reunite
- First look of 'Bombairiya' unveiled
- Salman has Hollywood offer from Sylvester
An American woman, said to be the oldest living person in the world, has celebrated her 11
Government is setting up a centre that will detect malicious programmes like 'botnets' and