- 'One Night Stand' conveys colours of hope, desireSay no to stinky feet this summerTraffic' crawls on emotional routeTips for gaining weight for skinny peopleThis mobile game can help fight dementiaCaptain America: Civil War': A purposeless fantasyKFC entering cosmetics marketBig B's figure at Madame Tussauds to be refurbishedKangana to inspire women to share their storiesJacqueline's tap dance in Housefull 3 will leave you in awe
he Indian squad ended their campaign at the International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF)
Rana unaware of Headley's terror activities: documents Last Updated : 26 Jul 2011 08:23:26 AM IST File photo
Tahawwur Hussain Rana was unaware of the terror activities of Mumbai-attack accused David Headley and had provided cover and funds to him unknowingly, a recently unsealed document reveal.
The documents which were ordered to be unsealed by Judge Harry Leinenweber on July 19 at the request of Chicago
Tribune newspaper reveal that Headley had explicitly told the agents that Rana was not aware of his activities and he did
not knowingly allow him to use his business as cover.
It contradicts the affidavit filed in trial of Headley's statements regarding Rana that he knowingly provided cover and funds in support of terrorism.Moreover, Headley also gave explanation for Rana procuring airline tickets for him as 'Rana was simply repaying a loan'.
A lack of knowledge regarding Headley's true activities and a non-terrorism reason for Rana paying for airline tickets undercuts the only tangible elements that would link the Rana to either providing or conspiring to provide material support to terrorism.
Headley's exculpatory statements regarding Rana cut against the government's case for probable cause in two significant ways. First, the statements provide straightforward evidence indicating that there was not probable cause to search Rana's home and businesses.
According to Headley, Rana was innocent. Second, assuming the government did not believe Headley's statement about Rana, the statements undercut all of his other statements that were used to support probable cause,the documents state.
The omission of the exculpatory statements altogether avoids the obvious awkward situation, asking the magistrate to
credit and discredit Headley's statements all at the same time.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Director: Jasmine Moses Arora; Cast: Sunny Leone, Tanuj Virwani, introducing Nyra Benerjee
- Traffic' crawls on emotional route
- Captain America: Civil War': A purposeless fantasy
- Big B's figure at Madame Tussauds to be refurbished
- Kangana to inspire women to share their stories
- Elise Neal joins 'Wolverine 3'
- Jacqueline's tap dance in Housefull 3 will leave you in awe
- Big B suggested 'TE3N' makers shoot in Kolkata
- No, Shraddha Kapoor is not moving out of her parent's house
In a weird incident in Turkey, a 34-year man was beaten black and blue for doing a lewd ac
Sony India on Monday launched a new portable wireless speaker for music aficionados in Ind