- India launches its biggest rocketPICS: Prasoon Joshi pens poem on Peshawar massacreMeet Mr Praveen Mast the real 'PK'Leone calls Salman her godfatherThe Lunchbox named best film in TorontoHow Malala Yousafzai was sot dead:See in picsShocking pictures of Peshawar school attackFarha to replace Salman in 'Bigg Boss 8'Exclusive coffee table book for 'Kick' fansSchoolchildren observe silence
Boxer Sarita Devi, who had refused to accept her Asian Games bronze medal, was on Wednesda
Brahmos supersonic cruise missile successfully test-fired Last Updated : 07 Oct 2012 09:28:41 AM IST Brahmos supersonic cruise missile successfully test-fired
The Navy on Sunday successfully test-fired the 290-km range BrahMos supersonic cruise missile,capable of carrying a conventional warhead of 300 kg, from a warship off the Goa coast.
They said the missile performing high-level manoeuvres successfully hit the target ship which was still on fire.The INS Teg, which has been built at the Yantar shipyard in Russia, had fired the missile successfully during pre-induction trials in Russia last year.
The two remaining warships of the project namely INS Tarkah and INS Trikand will also be armed with the lethal missile in vertical launch mode.
The two-stage missile, the first one being solid and the second one ramjet liquid propellant, has already been inducted into the Army and Navy, and the Air Force version is in final stage of trial, a defence official said.
While induction of the first version of Brahmos missile system in the Indian Navy commenced from 2005 with INS Rajput,it is now fully operational with two regiments of the Army.
The air launch version and the submarine launch version of the missile system are in progress, he said.The Army has so far placed orders for the Brahmos missile to be deployed by three regiments of the Army and two of them have already been inducted operationally.
The Defence Ministry has also given a go-ahead to Army to induct a third regiment equipped with the missile system to be deployed in Arunachal Pradesh.
Brahmos Aerospace, an Indo-Russian joint venture company,is also working to develop the air as well as the submarine launch version of the missile system and work on the project is in progress.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
These ten girls made their Bollywood debuts in 2014.
- Nargis Fakhri romancing India with selfie
- Meet Mr Praveen Mast the real 'PK'
- Leone calls Salman her godfather
- PICS: Toronto Film Critics name The Lunchbox as best film
- I am ready for performance-oriented films: Sonakshi Sinha
- Big B is the king of Twitter: report
- Farha to replace Salman in 'Bigg Boss 8'
- Exclusive coffee table book for 'Kick' fans
Eight coffins from Qing Dynasty (1636-1912) imperial figures, including Emperor Qianlong
Homegrown handset maker Lava on Tuesday launched a new smartphone -- Iris Fuel 60 -- offer