- Pics:Salman Khan thanks fans after acquittal in Arms Act caseDeepika confess romancing with Ven DieselHairstyle trends to look fabulous10 top revelations in Rishi Kapoor's Khullam KhullaFresh snowfall disrupts life in Kashmir ValleyMona Lisa celebrates haldi inside 'Bigg Boss' houseMercury remains below freezing in HimachalWhy Javed Akhtar still rules the roost at this ageWhy people love Dangal girl ZairaDiljit Dosanjh to star in Punjabi superhero film
The Indian U-17 football World Cup team lost 0-1 against Iran in the Granatkin Tournament
Brahmos supersonic cruise missile successfully test-fired Last Updated : 07 Oct 2012 09:28:41 AM IST Brahmos supersonic cruise missile successfully test-fired
The Navy on Sunday successfully test-fired the 290-km range BrahMos supersonic cruise missile,capable of carrying a conventional warhead of 300 kg, from a warship off the Goa coast.
They said the missile performing high-level manoeuvres successfully hit the target ship which was still on fire.The INS Teg, which has been built at the Yantar shipyard in Russia, had fired the missile successfully during pre-induction trials in Russia last year.
The two remaining warships of the project namely INS Tarkah and INS Trikand will also be armed with the lethal missile in vertical launch mode.
The two-stage missile, the first one being solid and the second one ramjet liquid propellant, has already been inducted into the Army and Navy, and the Air Force version is in final stage of trial, a defence official said.
While induction of the first version of Brahmos missile system in the Indian Navy commenced from 2005 with INS Rajput,it is now fully operational with two regiments of the Army.
The air launch version and the submarine launch version of the missile system are in progress, he said.The Army has so far placed orders for the Brahmos missile to be deployed by three regiments of the Army and two of them have already been inducted operationally.
The Defence Ministry has also given a go-ahead to Army to induct a third regiment equipped with the missile system to be deployed in Arunachal Pradesh.
Brahmos Aerospace, an Indo-Russian joint venture company,is also working to develop the air as well as the submarine launch version of the missile system and work on the project is in progress.loading...
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood superstar Salman Khan on Wednesday thanked his supporters after getting acquitte
- Every decade has brought something new: Amitabh Bachchan
- Like doing things which are tough, says Hrithik
- Deepika confess romancing with Ven Diesel
- Priyanka back to work after injury
- As the drama unfolded before Salman Khan's acquittal, read details
- Mona Lisa celebrates haldi inside 'Bigg Boss' house
- Why Javed Akhtar still rules the roost at this age
- Pics: Why people love Dangal girl Zaira
When "Kaa" the hypnotic, yellowish Indian Rock Python hisses and casts a spell on Mowgli i
Samsung India on Tuesday announced the launch of its new smartphone powerhouse 'Galaxy C9