- Video: Irina Shayk looks sizzling hot in Hercules opposite Dwayne JohnsonKolkata best city to liveLFW 2014: Curtain raiser held in Mumbai, view pics5 Reasons Why You HAVE To Check Out the ‘MARY KOM’Samsung launches affordable phonesUnknown facts of Meena Kumar\'s lifeWhy is the PK poster a trend setterMeet PM Narendra Modi\'s dharmputraList of movies to be released in August 2014Ranbir, Deepika spotted on 'Tamasha' sets
With three more Gold, India moved to fifth spot in the Commonwealth Games 2014 at Glasgow
Brahmos supersonic cruise missile successfully test-fired Last Updated : 07 Oct 2012 09:28:41 AM IST Brahmos supersonic cruise missile successfully test-fired
The Navy on Sunday successfully test-fired the 290-km range BrahMos supersonic cruise missile,capable of carrying a conventional warhead of 300 kg, from a warship off the Goa coast.
They said the missile performing high-level manoeuvres successfully hit the target ship which was still on fire.The INS Teg, which has been built at the Yantar shipyard in Russia, had fired the missile successfully during pre-induction trials in Russia last year.
The two remaining warships of the project namely INS Tarkah and INS Trikand will also be armed with the lethal missile in vertical launch mode.
The two-stage missile, the first one being solid and the second one ramjet liquid propellant, has already been inducted into the Army and Navy, and the Air Force version is in final stage of trial, a defence official said.
While induction of the first version of Brahmos missile system in the Indian Navy commenced from 2005 with INS Rajput,it is now fully operational with two regiments of the Army.
The air launch version and the submarine launch version of the missile system are in progress, he said.The Army has so far placed orders for the Brahmos missile to be deployed by three regiments of the Army and two of them have already been inducted operationally.
The Defence Ministry has also given a go-ahead to Army to induct a third regiment equipped with the missile system to be deployed in Arunachal Pradesh.
Brahmos Aerospace, an Indo-Russian joint venture company,is also working to develop the air as well as the submarine launch version of the missile system and work on the project is in progress.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Sin City: A Dame to Kill For runs into trouble again as a result of Eva Green's nudity in
- Images: Salman Khan, rumored girlfriend Jacqueline celebrate Eid
- Images: Hot Evelyn Sharma finds Varun Dhawan super cute
- OMG! Salman Khan turned down Hercules movie offer for Kick
- Video: Irina Shayk looks sizzling hot in Hercules opposite Dwayne Johnson
- 5 Reasons Why You HAVE To Check Out the ‘MARY KOM’
- Tamanchey Trailer out: Richa Chadda back as hottest burglar
- KICK reaches the 200Cr mark worldwide in the first week!
- Unknown facts of Meena Kumar's life
A naked man was walked on leash with something stuffed inside his anus
Samsung has launched three new smartphones priced below Rs 10,000 range.