- Why MS Dhoni biopic grosses 200 croreUnseen pics of Sunny DeolWhy SRK said he will miss Anushka SharmaAish oozes oomph sitting on Ranbir Kapoor's lapRoute to get glowing skin for Karwa Chauth'Shivaay' is not screened in censor board: Taran AdarshWho melted Olympic medallist Sakshi MalikDeepika, Ranveer not together anymoreYour increasing waist size may cause liver cancerB'Day Special: Lesser known facts about dream girl
The 23-member strong delegation comprising experts from world football governing body FIFA
Brahmos supersonic cruise missile successfully test-fired Last Updated : 07 Oct 2012 09:28:41 AM IST Brahmos supersonic cruise missile successfully test-fired
The Navy on Sunday successfully test-fired the 290-km range BrahMos supersonic cruise missile,capable of carrying a conventional warhead of 300 kg, from a warship off the Goa coast.
They said the missile performing high-level manoeuvres successfully hit the target ship which was still on fire.The INS Teg, which has been built at the Yantar shipyard in Russia, had fired the missile successfully during pre-induction trials in Russia last year.
The two remaining warships of the project namely INS Tarkah and INS Trikand will also be armed with the lethal missile in vertical launch mode.
The two-stage missile, the first one being solid and the second one ramjet liquid propellant, has already been inducted into the Army and Navy, and the Air Force version is in final stage of trial, a defence official said.
While induction of the first version of Brahmos missile system in the Indian Navy commenced from 2005 with INS Rajput,it is now fully operational with two regiments of the Army.
The air launch version and the submarine launch version of the missile system are in progress, he said.The Army has so far placed orders for the Brahmos missile to be deployed by three regiments of the Army and two of them have already been inducted operationally.
The Defence Ministry has also given a go-ahead to Army to induct a third regiment equipped with the missile system to be deployed in Arunachal Pradesh.
Brahmos Aerospace, an Indo-Russian joint venture company,is also working to develop the air as well as the submarine launch version of the missile system and work on the project is in progress.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
After Akshay Kumar and Salman Khan, now Ranveer Singh is likely to endorse 'Thumps up'
- Diva's Karwa Chauth 2016
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' experience recreated for fans
- Mukesh Bhatt meets Rajnath Singh for safe release of 'Ae Dil...'
- Dangal trailer brings back the 'Chak De India' effect
- 'Dear Zindagi' trailer reveals a new SRK
- I love shooting in New York: Priyanka Chopra
- Now a film on India's surgical strikes
- Why MS Dhoni biopic grosses 200 crore
A blue-eyed young 'chai wala' (tea seller) from Pakistan, who became an internet sensation
After releasing MacOS Sierra, Apple is planning to launch new MacOS-powered computers on