- Esha Gupta’s most fashionable off-screen avatarsAishwarya to marry Rohit Nag in DelhiParineeti Chopra spends time in LondonDiandra's love gift to Gautam on birthdayVarun Dhawan in 'Badlapur'PICS: Ye hai Bombay meri jaan! Listen songWhy Salman missed Arpita's house warming partySonam most stylish celebrity in Bollywood: RodricksPriyanka turns brand ambassador of UnnatiTanisha not afraid to \'Go Pink\'
Pele is responding well to antibiotics to treat a urinary tract infection and his conditio
Brahmos supersonic cruise missile successfully test-fired Last Updated : 07 Oct 2012 09:28:41 AM IST Brahmos supersonic cruise missile successfully test-fired
The Navy on Sunday successfully test-fired the 290-km range BrahMos supersonic cruise missile,capable of carrying a conventional warhead of 300 kg, from a warship off the Goa coast.
They said the missile performing high-level manoeuvres successfully hit the target ship which was still on fire.The INS Teg, which has been built at the Yantar shipyard in Russia, had fired the missile successfully during pre-induction trials in Russia last year.
The two remaining warships of the project namely INS Tarkah and INS Trikand will also be armed with the lethal missile in vertical launch mode.
The two-stage missile, the first one being solid and the second one ramjet liquid propellant, has already been inducted into the Army and Navy, and the Air Force version is in final stage of trial, a defence official said.
While induction of the first version of Brahmos missile system in the Indian Navy commenced from 2005 with INS Rajput,it is now fully operational with two regiments of the Army.
The air launch version and the submarine launch version of the missile system are in progress, he said.The Army has so far placed orders for the Brahmos missile to be deployed by three regiments of the Army and two of them have already been inducted operationally.
The Defence Ministry has also given a go-ahead to Army to induct a third regiment equipped with the missile system to be deployed in Arunachal Pradesh.
Brahmos Aerospace, an Indo-Russian joint venture company,is also working to develop the air as well as the submarine launch version of the missile system and work on the project is in progress.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
The curvy bombshell Esha Gupta turned 29 on November 28. The former beauty queen and Bolly
- Aishwarya to marry Rohit Nag in Delhi
- I feel at ease doing romantic movies as well: Ajay
- Parineeti Chopra spends time in London
- Diandra's love gift to Gautam on birthday
- Varun Dhawan in 'Badlapur'
- Get ready to watch Salman, SRK and Aamir together
- 'My Husband made me a Prostitute'
- Sonam turns sporty bride for 'Dolly Ki Doli'
A video of young elephant fighting with 14 lions has gone viral on You Tube.
Tablet sales in the country grew by 10 per cent to about 940,000 units in July-September