- Birthday special: Ranbir Kapoor childhood picsReason why Lata Mangeshkar did not marryGionee S6s smartphone: A delight for selfie loversQuick tips for an organised homeBirthday special: Famous sayings by Yash ChopraTurn to tea tree oil for glowing skinBig B is hopeful, things will change post 'Pink'Priyanka Chopra found it 'weird' to audition for 'Quantico'Famous bold lip-locks of B-town divas we can never forgetBeing a celebrity isn't a piece of cake: Raveena Tandon
With a final berth at stake, the traditional rivalry between India and Pakistan will take
Brahmos supersonic cruise missile successfully test-fired Last Updated : 07 Oct 2012 09:28:41 AM IST Brahmos supersonic cruise missile successfully test-fired
The Navy on Sunday successfully test-fired the 290-km range BrahMos supersonic cruise missile,capable of carrying a conventional warhead of 300 kg, from a warship off the Goa coast.
They said the missile performing high-level manoeuvres successfully hit the target ship which was still on fire.The INS Teg, which has been built at the Yantar shipyard in Russia, had fired the missile successfully during pre-induction trials in Russia last year.
The two remaining warships of the project namely INS Tarkah and INS Trikand will also be armed with the lethal missile in vertical launch mode.
The two-stage missile, the first one being solid and the second one ramjet liquid propellant, has already been inducted into the Army and Navy, and the Air Force version is in final stage of trial, a defence official said.
While induction of the first version of Brahmos missile system in the Indian Navy commenced from 2005 with INS Rajput,it is now fully operational with two regiments of the Army.
The air launch version and the submarine launch version of the missile system are in progress, he said.The Army has so far placed orders for the Brahmos missile to be deployed by three regiments of the Army and two of them have already been inducted operationally.
The Defence Ministry has also given a go-ahead to Army to induct a third regiment equipped with the missile system to be deployed in Arunachal Pradesh.
Brahmos Aerospace, an Indo-Russian joint venture company,is also working to develop the air as well as the submarine launch version of the missile system and work on the project is in progress.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
The MNS on Wednesday demanded the replacement of Pakistani actors Mahira Khan and Fawad Kh
- Big B, others wish Lata Mangeshkar on birthday
- Birthday special: Ranbir Kapoor childhood pics
- Reason why Lata Mangeshkar did not marry
- Bollywood split on MNS ban on Pakistani artistes
- Pakistani actors must condemn attack on Indians: Anupam Kher
- 'Modern Family' to feature transgender child actor
- Herschell Gordon Lewis dies at 87
- When Tanya Sharma turned English teacher for poor
Using state-of-the-art equipment, Australian researchers have managed to solve an 800-yea
Samsung India on Tuesday launched its 4G and VOLTE-enabled smartphone Galaxy On8 with a ho