- It's a Goa wedding for Sanaya and Mohit'I don't drop my pants just like that'Stars at Filmfare Glamour and Style AwardsList of Big Ticket movies of 2016I want to dominate globally: PriyankaThe journey of AIDS in last 27 yearsMicrosoft launches Win 10-powered smartphone for Rs 43,699SRK reaches children for road safetyAkshay-Twinkle's dinner date at Taj'Tamasha' collects 38.23 crores in opening weekend
Country's number one singles player Yuki Bhambri lost two places to be 93rd while Somdev D
Brahmos supersonic cruise missile successfully test-fired Last Updated : 07 Oct 2012 09:28:41 AM IST Brahmos supersonic cruise missile successfully test-fired
The Navy on Sunday successfully test-fired the 290-km range BrahMos supersonic cruise missile,capable of carrying a conventional warhead of 300 kg, from a warship off the Goa coast.
They said the missile performing high-level manoeuvres successfully hit the target ship which was still on fire.The INS Teg, which has been built at the Yantar shipyard in Russia, had fired the missile successfully during pre-induction trials in Russia last year.
The two remaining warships of the project namely INS Tarkah and INS Trikand will also be armed with the lethal missile in vertical launch mode.
The two-stage missile, the first one being solid and the second one ramjet liquid propellant, has already been inducted into the Army and Navy, and the Air Force version is in final stage of trial, a defence official said.
While induction of the first version of Brahmos missile system in the Indian Navy commenced from 2005 with INS Rajput,it is now fully operational with two regiments of the Army.
The air launch version and the submarine launch version of the missile system are in progress, he said.The Army has so far placed orders for the Brahmos missile to be deployed by three regiments of the Army and two of them have already been inducted operationally.
The Defence Ministry has also given a go-ahead to Army to induct a third regiment equipped with the missile system to be deployed in Arunachal Pradesh.
Brahmos Aerospace, an Indo-Russian joint venture company,is also working to develop the air as well as the submarine launch version of the missile system and work on the project is in progress.Source:PTI, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Oscar-winning actress Kate Winslet is battling bladder issues after confessing she has adu
- It's a Goa wedding for Sanaya and Mohit
- Salman to launch brother-in-law
- 'I don't drop my pants just like that'
- Video: Govinda slapped a press reporter years back
- Stars at Filmfare Glamour and Style Awards
- List of Big Ticket movies of 2016
- Priyanka Chopra hits 4 million fans on Instagram
- I want to dominate globally: Priyanka
Watch a taxi modelling on the ramp,Thailand's contestant will be wearing a tuk-tuk dress
Smartphones and tablets are becoming the preferred choices for Chinese consumers to do onl