- SRK ignored Salman\'s invitation to attend \'Bigg Boss 8\'See Aishwarya Rai\'s teenage picturesHrithik Roshan avoids meeting Suzanne Khan7 films releasing this week, which is your pick?PICS of Chhath festivalSee Big B with a broomMannara\'s hot lovemaking scenes in Zid, view picsActress Sana Khan arrestedHarman Baweja cheats on Bipasha Basu with a foreign modelSRK turns pink after kisses on both cheeks!
Roger Federer kept up his hopes of finishing the year as world number one when he downed
Brahmos supersonic cruise missile successfully test-fired Last Updated : 07 Oct 2012 09:28:41 AM IST Brahmos supersonic cruise missile successfully test-fired
The Navy on Sunday successfully test-fired the 290-km range BrahMos supersonic cruise missile,capable of carrying a conventional warhead of 300 kg, from a warship off the Goa coast.
They said the missile performing high-level manoeuvres successfully hit the target ship which was still on fire.The INS Teg, which has been built at the Yantar shipyard in Russia, had fired the missile successfully during pre-induction trials in Russia last year.
The two remaining warships of the project namely INS Tarkah and INS Trikand will also be armed with the lethal missile in vertical launch mode.
The two-stage missile, the first one being solid and the second one ramjet liquid propellant, has already been inducted into the Army and Navy, and the Air Force version is in final stage of trial, a defence official said.
While induction of the first version of Brahmos missile system in the Indian Navy commenced from 2005 with INS Rajput,it is now fully operational with two regiments of the Army.
The air launch version and the submarine launch version of the missile system are in progress, he said.The Army has so far placed orders for the Brahmos missile to be deployed by three regiments of the Army and two of them have already been inducted operationally.
The Defence Ministry has also given a go-ahead to Army to induct a third regiment equipped with the missile system to be deployed in Arunachal Pradesh.
Brahmos Aerospace, an Indo-Russian joint venture company,is also working to develop the air as well as the submarine launch version of the missile system and work on the project is in progress.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
The first look of Amitabh Bachchan in Soojit Sircar's film 'Piku' is out.
- Shraddha Kapoor graces Femina cover
- First Look: Prakash Jha’s Rajneeti2 out
- Shah Rukh promotes 'Happy New Year' in Kanpur
- Hrithik Roshan avoids meeting Sussanne
- Sonakdhi Sinha and Arjun Kappor are in love!
- Aishwarya and Deepika pose for a selfie
- Deepika Padukone now all set to romance Salman Khan
- Why Yo Yo Honey Singh will be out of action for two months
It is always a subject of debate whether Unidentified Flying Objects (UFO) does exist or n
Microsoft Devices has launched entry level dual-sim mobile phone 'Nokia 130' in India.