- Priyanka Chopra looks terrifically hot in this love making sceneMistakes in Tanu Weds Manu ReturnsKapil Dev conferred with International Lifetime Achievement AwardMumbai Indians celebrate their second IPL triumphSalman attends sister's receptionFirst teaser of 'Azhar' unveiledTWMR: Watch one Kangna get one free, and it is a joyride all wayUnknown facts about 12 class CBSE topper M GayatriPriyanka caught having sex in carSalma defends banning of selfies
India's Deepa Kumari has been promoted as the international hockey umpire by the Internati
Brahmos supersonic cruise missile successfully test-fired Last Updated : 07 Oct 2012 09:28:41 AM IST Brahmos supersonic cruise missile successfully test-fired
The Navy on Sunday successfully test-fired the 290-km range BrahMos supersonic cruise missile,capable of carrying a conventional warhead of 300 kg, from a warship off the Goa coast.
They said the missile performing high-level manoeuvres successfully hit the target ship which was still on fire.The INS Teg, which has been built at the Yantar shipyard in Russia, had fired the missile successfully during pre-induction trials in Russia last year.
The two remaining warships of the project namely INS Tarkah and INS Trikand will also be armed with the lethal missile in vertical launch mode.
The two-stage missile, the first one being solid and the second one ramjet liquid propellant, has already been inducted into the Army and Navy, and the Air Force version is in final stage of trial, a defence official said.
While induction of the first version of Brahmos missile system in the Indian Navy commenced from 2005 with INS Rajput,it is now fully operational with two regiments of the Army.
The air launch version and the submarine launch version of the missile system are in progress, he said.The Army has so far placed orders for the Brahmos missile to be deployed by three regiments of the Army and two of them have already been inducted operationally.
The Defence Ministry has also given a go-ahead to Army to induct a third regiment equipped with the missile system to be deployed in Arunachal Pradesh.
Brahmos Aerospace, an Indo-Russian joint venture company,is also working to develop the air as well as the submarine launch version of the missile system and work on the project is in progress.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Priyanka Chopra's fans will be shocked to see semi-nude Priyanka Chopra in this love makin
- Mistakes in Tanu Weds Manu Returns
- Charli XCX passed out in Katy Perry's toilet.
- Amanda Seyfried is planning her older sister's wedding.
- Rose Byrne's relationship is "disrupted" by her job.
- Kate Winslet thinks make-up is "liberating".
- Salman attends sister's reception
- First teaser of 'Azhar' unveiled
- Rutherford win custody battle
An ancient aqueduct built more than 2,000 years ago to transport water into the city of Je
Government is setting up a centre that will detect malicious programmes like 'botnets' and